Top Picks support thread

chef

chef
Just now, Kyrunner said:

Can the top picks be placed on the Home Screen like recent media. Or does it show up as a folder like the other media 

it shows up like a library folder. :) 

chef

But, found another bug (which I'm tending too now).

The TV Series seems to recursively drill down into the structure and returns everything, when we only want series level meta.

I'll have to find this next...

chef

Good grief! Here is what has happened.At some point over the past couple weeks the Top 
Pick Folder  content type was removed from embys library meta data.

Don't know why.

If you are having issues with the top picks library on the home screen showing inconsistent items, you need to do the following.

1. Open Dashboard >  Library tsb

2. Remove Top Picks library

3. Restart the server.

This will recreate the Top Picks library folder with the appropriate metadata attached.

Next re-run the top picks scheduled task.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

rbjtech

btw @chef- are you using the latest 4.8.0.80 Nuget packages ?  They are in the package manager if you want to use them .. 

lordairivis
1 hour ago, chef said:

Good grief! Here is what has happened.At some point over the past couple weeks the Top 
Pick Folder  content type was removed from embys library meta data.

Don't know why.

If you are having issues with the top picks library on the home screen showing inconsistent items, you need to do the following.

1. Open Dashboard >  Library tsb

2. Remove Top Picks library

3. Restart the server.

This will recreate the Top Picks library folder with the appropriate metadata attached.

Next re-run the top picks scheduled task.

Removed the Top Picks library and restarted Emby, and then I saw .59 had come through. Restart Emby again to load the new version of the plugin and ran the Top Picks scheduled tasks and now everything appears to be working correctly! The tasks ran successfully and populated the Top Picks library. Now the only issue I can find is that I can't seem to order the items in the library by number no matter which sort item I select. Previously, this worked by choosing to sort by Date Added, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

image.png

rbjtech
7 minutes ago, lordairivis said:

Removed the Top Picks library and restarted Emby, and then I saw .59 had come through. Restart Emby again to load the new version of the plugin and ran the Top Picks scheduled tasks and now everything appears to be working correctly! The tasks ran successfully and populated the Top Picks library. Now the only issue I can find is that I can't seem to order the items in the library by number no matter which sort item I select. Previously, this worked by choosing to sort by Date Added, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

image.png

If you run it a 2nd time, does it still now allow you to sort by date/time added ?   As it should process 1 > 9 in that order.

lordairivis
21 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

If you run it a 2nd time, does it still now allow you to sort by date/time added ?   As it should process 1 > 9 in that order.

unfortunately not.

rbjtech

Just tried myself - it appears to work fine for me ?

If necessary - go into ..\programdata\data\top-picks and delete everything in there - then re-run the 'Update Top Picks' in the plugin and it will re-geneate the top-picks files.

Edited by rbjtech

jaycedk

I see movies and tv show in the mix, can you try, with only movies or tv shows.

As an test.

lordairivis
18 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Just tried myself - it appears to work fine for me ?

If necessary - go into ..\programdata\data\top-picks and delete everything in there - then re-run the 'Update Top Picks' in the plugin and it will re-geneate the top-picks files.

No change

17 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

I see movies and tv show in the mix, can you try, with only movies or tv shows.

As an test.

Tried with just movies, cleared the top picks data folder, and re-ran the tasks and this time it puts everything in the right order when sorted by date.

Top Picks still seems to have trouble with TV shows, but I don't think this is the fault of Top Picks, because Emby is identifying individual TV show episodes as movies when scanning in the .strm files which may be what's throwing off the sorting.

rbjtech

Tried both TV Shows and Movies (but not both) .. all appear to be ok.

It shouldn't be identifying TV Episodes as movies, as it uses the top folder - which should not have any media in it ?

image.thumb.png.7525f657d0c88df7051f936d8b91de16.png

lordairivis

I think I figured out the problem. I tried clearing the top picks data folder and selecting just TV shows by itself, just Movies by itself, and Both Movies and TV shows. When just Movies is selected, to get the Top Picks to sort in order, I had to select to sort by Date (descending). To get the TV shows to sort in order, however, I had to select sort by Date (ascending). With both TV shows and Movies selected, the different sort orders are conflicting.

You can see this in my original screenshot, I have sort by Date (ascending) selected and the movies are descending in order while the TV shows are ascending in order.

Edited by lordairivis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

chef

So does .59 seem to fix a lot of the over all issues people were facing, along with the top picks library removal and the restart of the server?

I found the reason why the library type was removed. 

Changes to the object that was in charge of creating libraries changed.

This caused an error, and the libraries parameters were only half recreated.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

chef
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

btw @chef- are you using the latest 4.8.0.80 Nuget packages ?  They are in the package manager if you want to use them .. 

Yeah, I was able to update those packages.

There was one change to the Library creation.

The name of the library is now added as a parameter to the method that creates it, instead as a field in the LibraryOptions object that is sent to the method...

If that makes any sense... 🤷

• Like 1

chef
12 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

is .59 the latest and is it okay to install at this point? 

Yes.

You may have to remove the top picks library (manually in the library tab) if you have installed a prior version.

Kyrunner
16 minutes ago, chef said:

Yes.

You may have to remove the top picks library (manually in the library tab) if you have installed a prior version.

Dumb Question why does mine look like this shouldn't the movies be 1-9 and not random 

Capture.PNG

chef
2 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

Dumb Question why does mine look like this shouldn't the movies be 1-9 and not random 

Capture.PNG

Did you sort the library by date added?

Kyrunner
21 minutes ago, chef said:

Did you sort the library by date added?

Sorting by the date fixed that issue. next issue my thumbs are messed up in the main movie folder. for the movies top picks are picked and can't go in there and add them back. here is how it looks for continue watching 

Capture3.PNG

Edited by Kyrunner

chef
15 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

Sorting by the date fixed that issue. next issue my thumbs are messed up in the main movie folder. for the movies top picks picked and cant go in there and add them back. 

Capture1.PNG

Run a library refresh. 

Then let me know.

I may need a log.

Edited by chef

Kyrunner
2 minutes ago, chef said:

Run a library refresh. 

Then let me know.

I may need a log.

just on the top picks library? or all movie libraries  

chef
1 hour ago, Kyrunner said:

just on the top picks library? or all movie libraries  

Sorry, yeah run a library scan. 

kjhedges

I uninstalled previous version, and removed the top-picks folder in var/lib/emby/data and also removed the library entry from the dashboard library.

Done a full library scan.

Then re installed version .59 and added 9 movies to the list manually.

top-picks1.png.6978241d017d46d7c3048feb3d113249.png

In the homescreen settings, It shows that it can be placed in secondary home ect.

top-picks2.png.79b6d9ff6158b41f1ac388ca10adf6d3.png

When I click on the top picks library on home screen, its display no results.

top-picks4.png.47a28476026d249a3ec32b132edfcdb8.png

Top Picks is noting the top pick movies though.

top-picks5.png.ee0252bbcd468337d3dafdc02286922e.png

Nothing stands out in logs for errors.

chef
Just now, kjhedges said:

I uninstalled previous version, and removed the top-picks folder in var/lib/emby/data and also removed the library entry from the dashboard library.

Done a full library scan.

Then re installed version .59 and added 9 movies to the list manually.

top-picks1.png.6978241d017d46d7c3048feb3d113249.png

In the homescreen settings, It shows that it can be placed in secondary home ect.

top-picks2.png.79b6d9ff6158b41f1ac388ca10adf6d3.png

When I click on the top picks library on home screen, its display no results.

top-picks4.png.47a28476026d249a3ec32b132edfcdb8.png

Top Picks is noting the top pick movies though.

top-picks5.png.ee0252bbcd468337d3dafdc02286922e.png

Nothing stands out in logs for errors.

could you please run a library scan. then let me know if the library populated.