Top Picks support thread

chef

rbjtech
2 hours ago, chef said:

I

@rbjtechI see you there. 🥷😃 What's happenin' my friend? So good to see you. I've got to catch up. Maybe you can let me in on what's been going on in the core lately. Is Cheese around? Has he got any insights to changes I have to look out for?

Hi @chefGood to see you !  I'll ping ya via PM. 

• Haha 1

Dibbes
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hi @chefGood to see you !  I'll ping ya via PM. 

(Watch)Party going on somewhere? You cooking, @chef

Either way, was the updated plugin published already?

HomeSteams

hello help

top picks came off and im unable to use it now, wouldnt re install at all

Presentation1.jpg

Darkseidd
5 hours ago, HomeSteams said:

hello help

Presentation1.jpg

its broken for everyone right now

• Thanks 1

chef
On 2/9/2024 at 5:49 PM, HomeSteams said:

hello help

Presentation1.jpg

I'm going to update with a fix.

chef
On 2/9/2024 at 11:08 PM, Darkseidd said:

its broken for everyone right now

Okay, I have a fix.

chef

I've updated my machine again, I'll get this working shortly. 

• Like 2

chef

I've pushed .57 to the catalog which will load top picks again. 

I have tested and it will work. 

It looks like it still needs some tending too though.

Things have changed in the emby UI, so I'll have to get these fixed.

Thuzad

Thanks for this update, the interface is now accessible, but when I run the scan (Update Top Picks) it doesn't work.

- If I don't have any media in the list, the button seems to reload the page

- If I add media and run the scan, it doesn't find anything

Do you need a log or something else?

I started from a blank installation, uninstalling the plugin and deleting the folder.

needz

Feature Request / Issue Report

When trailers are added to a movie via a `trailers` sub-folder, a top item movie won't play trailers from that folder, it instead tries to go to the internet.

lordairivis
2024-02-12 11:28:29.224 Error Top Picks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.8.1.0
Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-94-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-096) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #104-Ubunt
Framework: .NET 6.0.25
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Data path: /var/lib/emby
Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Emby.TopPicks.Drawing.SpotlightImageRenderer.RenderTopPicksThumbImage(Int32 rank, SKBitmap bitmapBackdrop, SKBitmap bitmapLogo, String output)
at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.RenderImages(Int32 rank, BaseItem libraryBaseItem, String outputFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<<Execute>b__2>d.MoveNext()
Source: Emby.TopPicks
TargetSite: Void RenderTopPicksThumbImage(Int32, SkiaSharp.SKBitmap, SkiaSharp.SKBitmap, System.String)

Still seeing this error message with the 1.0.0.57 release version. Removed the beta version from earlier and reinstalled from the catalog.

Running the Calculate User Engagement task seems to not populate the list with any new items besides the one I manually added. Thumbnails are being generated so I'm not really sure why it's complaining about the images failing to render.

regorresiak
7 hours ago, chef said:

I've pushed .57 to the catalog which will load top picks again. 

I have tested and it will work. 

It looks like it still needs some tending too though.

Things have changed in the emby UI, so I'll have to get these fixed.

I uninstalled the original version, because it did not work after replacing the DLL you had posted and installed this latest version .57.  Unfortunately, the plug in still does not work. When i open the setting for the plug in, it appears it is constantly trying to load something as there is a "loading circle" that never goes away while on the setting page.

top picks.png

Kyrunner
4 minutes ago, regorresiak said:

I uninstalled the original version, because it did not work after replacing the DLL you had posted and installed this latest version .57.  Unfortunately, the plug in still does not work. When i open the setting for the plug in, it appears it is constantly trying to load something as there is a "loading circle" that never goes away while on the setting page.

top picks.png

I had the same issue I uninstalled the plugin until it got sorted out. 

Suliamu

The new update works.
Kind of.
Unfortunately the Top Picks are being sorted by Letter, and not by the number you give them.
That means when you have for example this list of Top Picks:

1. Zarathustra 
2. Ballmovie  
3. After Hour  
4. Examplemovie 2  

He will show it as such in this sort order:
3. After Hour | 2. Ballmovie | 4. Examplemovie 2 | 1. Zarathustra  

chef
7 hours ago, needz said:

Feature Request / Issue Report

When trailers are added to a movie via a `trailers` sub-folder, a top item movie won't play trailers from that folder, it instead tries to go to the internet.

Interesting... I will look into this.

The virtual folder item has changed in the core.

Perhaps I had best start by looking g there to see what can be done. 

chef
4 hours ago, Suliamu said:

The new update works.
Kind of.
Unfortunately the Top Picks are being sorted by Letter, and not by the number you give them.
That means when you have for example this list of Top Picks:

1. Zarathustra 
2. Ballmovie  
3. After Hour  
4. Examplemovie 2  

He will show it as such in this sort order:
3. After Hour | 2. Ballmovie | 4. Examplemovie 2 | 1. Zarathustra  

Okay. That definitely is not what we want. 

I'm on it. 

Please make sure that the top picks library is sorted by date added. 

Edited by chef

Suliamu
59 minutes ago, chef said:

Please make sure that the top picks library is sorted by date added

This unfortunately does not help. 
When i enter the "Top Picks" library and change the method of sorting, stuff changes, but it is never shown in the right order in any of those methods. 
Also setting this option in the library seem not to change how it is displayed on the start page.
The only workaround for this is for me at the moment to look how the plugin sorts the movies on startpage and then put them in exactly this order in the plugin-options.
Then the numbers fit with the position on the screen. 

Also i should maybe add that i used Top Picks in its older version on the previous emby stable, then updated emby, did basically nothing, the top picks category was still shown on my startpage, then i updated the plugin through emby over the old version and just set up new Top Picks. 
Should i do a full de- and reinstall of the plugin?

Edited by Suliamu

chef
10 hours ago, Suliamu said:

This unfortunately does not help. 
When i enter the "Top Picks" library and change the method of sorting, stuff changes, but it is never shown in the right order in any of those methods. 
Also setting this option in the library seem not to change how it is displayed on the start page.
The only workaround for this is for me at the moment to look how the plugin sorts the movies on startpage and then put them in exactly this order in the plugin-options.
Then the numbers fit with the position on the screen. 

Also i should maybe add that i used Top Picks in its older version on the previous emby stable, then updated emby, did basically nothing, the top picks category was still shown on my startpage, then i updated the plugin through emby over the old version and just set up new Top Picks. 
Should i do a full de- and reinstall of the plugin?

I don't think an entire reinstall will be necessary.

But, I wonder if perhaps removing all the items in the list. Then running the task, and a library refresh would fix this.

From there adding items back to the list, and running the tasks again.

chef

Everything is broken...

It's going to take a bit to get it sorted. 

Edited by chef

woenk

"

2024-02-13 16:15:45.935 Info TaskManager: Executing Calculate user engagement
2024-02-13 16:15:45.953 Error TaskManager: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.9.0.2
Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-92-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-005) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #102-Ubunt
Framework: .NET 6.0.25
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 8
Data path: /var/lib/emby
Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.<>c.<GetItems>b__15_0(BaseItem i)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.ToList()
at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.GetItems(PluginConfiguration config)
at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.CalculateEngagement()
at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.GetEngagementItems()
at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightEngagementRefreshScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
Source: Emby.TopPicks
TargetSite: Boolean <GetItems>b__15_0(MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem)

2024-02-13 16:15:45.954 Info TaskManager: Calculate user engagement Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds"

If really a complete reinstall is needed, I really hope that it will include some routine that will also clean out real old stuff... kind of strange to see the task has faile over a year ago instead of what really happened the last time it run after every server restart.

Suliamu
9 hours ago, chef said:

But, I wonder if perhaps removing all the items in the list. Then running the task, and a library refresh would fix this.

Sadly no. 
I did as you described but no changes. Same behaviour.  
Take your time, thanks for your development and support :)

• Like 1

chris2312

Same issue here, loading indicator wont go away when entering the settings page.

Console prints the following error:

configurationpage?name=SpotlightConfigurationPageJS&v=4.8.1.0:559 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'DisplayTitle')
    at configurationpage?name=SpotlightConfigurationPageJS&v=4.8.1.0:559:227
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (configurationpage?name=SpotlightConfigurationPageJS&v=4.8.1.0:556:27)

Appearing here:

//Filter out any 4K videos from our library query results.
                    //The backend will handle creating multi-version top pick library entries if the user has choosen to display them.
                    //This will let though other type of multi version types though. Extended verison, Director cuts etc.
                    var items = libraryResult.Items; //.filter(r => r.MediaSources.filter(m => m.MediaStreams.filter(s => s.Type == "Video")[0].
DisplayTitle.split(' ')[0] != "4K"));
                    items.forEach(item => {
                        if (item.ImageTags) {
                            if (item.ImageTags.Primary) {
                                mediaSelect.innerHTML += `<option value="${item.Id}">${item.Name} ${item.ProductionYear ? `(${item.ProductionYear})` : ""} - ${item.MediaSources[0].MediaStreams.filter(s => s.Type == "Video")[0].DisplayTitle}</option>`;
                            }
                        }
                    });

Maybe this helps you in some way.

• Like 1

chef

Okay, got the bug.

I will be updating the catalog today.

If you find that the DisplayTitle bug is still there, let me know.

It is because that piece of metadata doesn't always exist for a media file. Therefore, it may rear its head again. I believe I've got it figured... but you never really know...

I will be posting .59.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Kyrunner

Can the top picks be placed on the Home Screen like recent media. Or does it show up as a folder like the other media