chef

chef

Sorry everyone. 

I will update it today...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

chef

good grief... its been a while.

There are some interesting changes to the backend that I am going to have to try and figure out.

We no longer set the Name of the Virtual folder in Library options... wonder where we do that now?

EDIT: Found it...

Some of our initial asynchronous methods are no longer asynchronous... wonder what is happening there?

Can someone try a new version in couple minutes to see what fixed?

• Like 1

chef
5 minutes ago, Bottles51 said:

Yes, i am available to try it out

great, thank you.

Back up your current dll before adding this one.

This has the following changes:

1. found VirtualFolder changes in core - fixed

2. found async method changes in core which  may have stopped the library option from being created.

The errors in Virtual folder creation may have been the reason the plugin stopped loading properly.

Thios could be the reason why it disappeared as a menu option in the Dashboard, it could also not be and I'll have to hunt for the bug some more.

Emby.TopPicks (fix).zip

Bottles51

@chefI backed up old dll and pasted over old and still no settings available.  I did not delete and restart and then reinstall. would you like me to try that? I still have my old top picks library and it still shows, just no settings to access on left and no scheduled tasks to trigger.

2024-02-08 09:31:42.228 Info App: Not loading Emby.TopPicks.dll 1.0.0.21 because the minimum supported version is 1.0.0.56. Please update to the newer version

Edited by Bottles51

lordairivis
23 minutes ago, chef said:

great, thank you.

Back up your current dll before adding this one.

This has the following changes:

1. found VirtualFolder changes in core - fixed

2. found async method changes in core which  may have stopped the library option from being created.

The errors in Virtual folder creation may have been the reason the plugin stopped loading properly.

Thios could be the reason why it disappeared as a menu option in the Dashboard, it could also not be and I'll have to hunt for the bug some more.

Emby.TopPicks (fix).zip 9.77 MB · 1 download

I backed up my existing Emby.TopPicks.dll and copied this fixed version in and now see this in the logs:
2024-02-08 07:21:38.166 Info App: Not loading Emby.TopPicks.dll 1.0.0.21 because the minimum supported version is 1.0.0.56. Please update to the newer version

Plugin does not successfully load and I do not have any options in the lefthand menu. This is with the latest 4.8.1.0 version of Emby.

Edited by lordairivis

chef

okay. let me look into that. BRB

chef

please try this version here.

After copying over the new dll, you'll want to restart the server, and then maybe even clear some browser caching stuff to see any changes in the dashboard.

This should fix the loading issue, let me know how it goes.

Thank you for the help. :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

lordairivis

embyserver.txt

I tried running the calculate user engagement and update top picks tasks. The update top pick tasks appeared to complete successfully, however the top picks library remains empty. The calculate user engagement task errored out almost immediately. I've attached my logs for your reference @chef

chef
53 minutes ago, lordairivis said:

embyserver.txt 1.99 MB · 0 downloads

I tried running the calculate user engagement and update top picks tasks. The update top pick tasks appeared to complete successfully, however the top picks library remains empty. The calculate user engagement task errored out almost immediately. I've attached my logs for your reference @chef

thank you. 

yes something changed without how the VirtualFolder creation isn't async.

I think I know whats going on.

Bottles51

OK so after multiple restarts and scans I have everything working. Sorry for the long delay, my server decided to do a intro-skip scan and I had a ton of errors due to smart playlist plugin.

My library was empty at first but after a restart and a page refresh everything was OK. Also at first if chosen to display at top of library the newly added new release row was not appearing, But again after restart and refresh all was good. Also top picks will not display at top if you have the newly added new release row, top picks will be below it.

Thank you for this plug-in, my family enjoys it, I will keep you informed if I find any bugs.

On a side note, can a side scroll bar be added for when you are adding movies manually? It gets a bit cumbersome when you have a large library to scroll all the way down.

Again, thank you @chef

Edited by Bottles51

chef
1 hour ago, lordairivis said:

embyserver.txt 1.99 MB · 0 downloads

I have more questions,

Can you look in the physical top picks folder and tell me if media items are getting created there please?

I see errors in the log when we try and create the top pick thumb image.

do you know where the phsycial folder is for top picks?

Inside the "data/top-picks" folder

Thank you for your patience. 

lordairivis
20 minutes ago, chef said:

I have more questions,

Can you look in the physical top picks folder and tell me if media items are getting created there please?

I see errors in the log when we try and create the top pick thumb image.

do you know where the phsycial folder is for top picks?

Inside the "data/top-picks" folder

Thank you for your patience. 

Looks like everything is being created in that location as it should, and now after leaving it alone for a while the Top Picks library is now populated with items.

• Thanks 1

chef
18 hours ago, lordairivis said:

Looks like everything is being created in that location as it should, and now after leaving it alone for a while the Top Picks library is now populated with items.

Okay good.

Could this be a library refresh issue?

But, is the link available in the Dashboard menu? Is that fixed now?

chef
19 hours ago, Bottles51 said:

On a side note, can a side scroll bar be added for when you are adding movies manually? It gets a bit cumbersome when you have a large library to scroll all the way down.

Again, thank you @chef

Can you elaborate here a bit please. 

A screen shot maybe?

Just want to make sure I understand exactly what you'd like to see.

If it is what I think, yes we can absolutely have this. 😃

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

Im going to update the catalog version today.

I'm going to remove that test version from the thread. 10 people downloaded it.

That is not the dll you want to have installed.

Infact, we should all delete the test dll, and reinstall the original one.

Then update from the catalog, otherwise it's going to cause issues when updating 😬

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef
Just now, Kyrunner said:

Can this be installed on the new 4.8.0 server 

21 hours ago, chef said:

please try this version here.

After copying over the new dll, you'll want to restart the server, and then maybe even clear some browser caching stuff to see any changes in the dashboard.

This should fix the loading issue, let me know how it goes.

Thank you for the help

keemy

Tested on MacOs stable ver 4.8.1.0. Settings page shows in sidebar and I'm able to change settings successfully but calculate user management scheduled tasks runs for 0 seconds yielding no results even after several library refreshes and restarts. I then tried to manually add one movie as a test and it worked but then caused the settings page to have a permanent large spinning wheel in the foreground even after restarting server and testing on 2 browsers: Firefox/Chrome. Another symptom of this was I was no longer able to click on any of the letters in the manual selection after this. The calculate user management task now fails with the resulting message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.<>c.b__15_0(BaseItem i) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.ToList() at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.GetItems(PluginConfiguration config) at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.CalculateEngagement() at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.GetEngagementItems() at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightEngagementRefreshScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

I eventually removed the plugin file along with the xml and data folder and installed fresh which brought me back to square one with no results from the user management task. I can click through the letters in settings again but I haven't added any more movies manually.

• Thanks 1

chef
4 minutes ago, keemy said:

Tested on MacOs stable ver 4.8.1.0. Settings page shows in sidebar and I'm able to change settings successfully but calculate user management scheduled tasks runs for 0 seconds yielding no results even after several library refreshes and restarts. I then tried to manually add one movie as a test and it worked but then caused the settings page to have a permanent large spinning wheel in the foreground even after restarting server and testing on 2 browsers: Firefox/Chrome. Another symptom of this was I was no longer able to click on any of the letters in the manual selection after this. The calculate user management task now fails with the resulting message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.<>c.b__15_0(BaseItem i) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.ToList() at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.GetItems(PluginConfiguration config) at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.CalculateEngagement() at Emby.TopPicks.Engagement.GetEngagementItems() at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightEngagementRefreshScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

I eventually removed the plugin file along with the xml and data folder and installed fresh which brought me back to square one with no results from the user management task. I can click through the letters in settings again but I haven't added any more movies manually.

Okay thank you.

Is that the test version that was listed here in in the thread earlier?

keemy
Just now, chef said:

Is that the test version that was listed here in in the thread earlier?

Yes

• Thanks 1

chef
Just now, keemy said:

Yes

If you do run the task again, id be interested in the errors in the browser dev tools console.

If the alpha buttons become unresponsive, it means we've load the page incorrectly somewhere. 

But it could be because the backend has thrown the error shown above.... An empty list... 

I will continue my work today. I have to catch up on any core changes. 

@rbjtechI see you there. 🥷😃 What's happenin' my friend? So good to see you. I've got to catch up. Maybe you can let me in on what's been going on in the core lately. Is Cheese around? Has he got any insights to changes I have to look out for?

Bottles51
1 hour ago, chef said:

Can you elaborate here a bit please. 

A screen shot maybe?

Just want to make sure I understand exactly what you'd like to see.

If it is what I think, yes we can absolutely have this. 😃

toppicks.thumb.png.7bc8cec865e0e3720bc099432528cb4d.png

• Agree 1

lordairivis
1 hour ago, chef said:

Okay good.

Could this be a library refresh issue?

But, is the link available in the Dashboard menu? Is that fixed now?

Yes, the menu appears everywhere it should. I was able to resolve the error message appearing when Calculate User Engagement runs by removing all items from the Top Picks list and selecting my Movies library from the Library Location dropdown, however now the task just runs for 0 seconds and does not appear to add any entries in the log or actually do anything. Same thing for the Update Top Picks task.

Also, Top Picks now does not seem to include TV show libraries; at least, I don't see anywhere in the configuration where I can select my TV show library. From scanning through this thread it seems like this may be intentional but I'm not sure.

EDIT: manually adding a movie to the Top Picks allows both the tasks to run successfully and generate new thumbnails and everything but I still see this error in the logs:

2024-02-09 07:42:12.667 Error Top Picks: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.8.1.0
Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-94-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-096) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #104-Ubunt
Framework: .NET 6.0.25
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Data path: /var/lib/emby
Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Emby.TopPicks.Drawing.SpotlightImageRenderer.RenderTopPicksThumbImage(Int32 rank, SKBitmap bitmapBackdrop, SKBitmap bitmapLogo, String output)
at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.RenderImages(Int32 rank, BaseItem libraryBaseItem, String outputFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<<Execute>b__2>d.MoveNext()
Source: Emby.TopPicks
TargetSite: Void RenderTopPicksThumbImage(Int32, SkiaSharp.SKBitmap, SkiaSharp.SKBitmap, System.String)
The fanart.png and folder.jpg items are still populated in the /data/top-picks directory and appear when I look at the Top Picks library in a browser though.
Edited by lordairivis
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1