Watch Party

chef

sross44
18 hours ago, MBSki said:

What do you mean distance?

Yeah I'm not sure that makes much sense to me either lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Mookdog

I know @quickmichas it working pretty well in Emby Kodi Next Gen. Here is hoping it eventually gets added to the apps across the board. I mean I can open up Emby For Kodi Next Gen and start a watch party for anyone using any app but it would be nice to have it included without having to use Emby For Kodi. I tested Plex Watch Together and it worked flawlessly but of course I been with Emby for 3 years and have no intent on changing

Mook

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, jspanitz said:

This is why I've dumped Emby for the time being - they're not listening to the use base IMO.

so why are you here?
Take your cancel-culture bs elsewhere or take your leave quietly, your comment serves absolutely no purpose.

jspanitz
1 hour ago, bugz000 said:

so why are you here?
Take your cancel-culture bs elsewhere or take your leave quietly, your comment serves absolutely no purpose.

Guessing you have a hard time with reading comprehension.  For the time being - as in i'm not running emby at the moment waiting around for this long overdue feature request. If they every deliver, I'll consider moving back.  The "purpose" is to provide the emby team with some feedback from a paying customer, something whether positive or negative, a company should be open to hearing.  Whose cancelling anyone - perhaps using words and phrases you clearly don't comprehend should be left for the adults.  Thanks for playing.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2023 at 10:19 PM, Luke said:

Hi, it is planned for future updates. Thanks.

Have we any forecast dates for this new functionality?

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 4:24 AM, RafaG said:

Hi, no ETA but this is planned for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

BillOatman
On 11/25/2023 at 4:24 AM, RafaG said:

Plex and Jellyfin both have had this feature for some time.  I haven't tried on either yet but I have heard good things about both.  It's an option until Emby catches up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rikitydj said:

Any news on when this is happening? Well up for doing a film premier

Hi, this feature is planned for future updates. Thanks.

• Sad 1

solidsnakex37
1 hour ago, Amanade3 said:

Is movie premiering just like youtube video premiere planned for future update?

I think they just meant a film premier in a general sense, not like YT. Just a film premier to watch with friends and family in sync

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rikitydj said:

Is this currently present in any test releases? Happy to help with testing on this

Hi, not yet, but this is planned for future updates. Thanks.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
hoonlight

This isn't a feature I use often, but I think it's useful for watching movies with friends.

It's the only reason I still use the jellyfin server, and I hope it's added to emby.

jameskitt616

For everyone still waiting for a sync-play feature in Emby to appear. My solution meanwhile was hosting an program called n.eko.

It's basically a virtual browser running in a docker container multiple people can access in real time. You just open your Emby website, login and thats it. Everyone logged in can see the Video playing. It works incredibly well and simple. AND the video quality is really good. (i had so many quality issues with Discord, Jitsi etc.)

https://github.com/m1k1o/neko

https://neko.m1k1o.net/

I hope this helps somebody. Cheers.

• Thanks 4

• 1 month later...
douglasparker

I'm a new Emby Premiere subscriber and I extensively use Watch Together on other platforms, and it is one of the major selling points for me when it comes to media servers.

I see this is posted under plugins- is there not a feature request for this proposal?

TallBoiDez
2 minutes ago, douglasparker said:

I'm a new Emby Premiere subscriber and I extensively use Watch Together on other platforms, and it is one of the major selling points for me when it comes to media servers.

I see this is posted under plugins- is there not a feature request for this proposal?

There is, my understanding is Dev's are working on bringing this feature to emby, it's highly requested by the community 

BillOatman
On 2/10/2024 at 1:34 PM, douglasparker said:

I have been waiting for this as well.  My kids that don't live at home, or together, use it.  I setup a JellyFin server for them to use just for that.  They were using Emby for everything else, but recently asked if I could make all of the content available to the JF server so they could use it all of the time instead of going back and forth.

JellyFin having the feature should be a good jumping off point for Emby developers as JF is opensource.  But I am not privy to any kind of feature implementation timeline for Emby. But I obviously didn't think it was eminent in Emby since I installed JF :)

Edited by BillOatman

RafaG

I am very upset with Emby's development in this matter. We have no idea when this feature will be available, no roadmap, no ETA, nothing.

Why do I have to use third-party developments or install other media software?

Looking at the log of changes in Emby in recent years, I have the feeling that it is a dying project, I have not seen a single new function, only fixes, compatibility updates and similar things

BillOatman
30 minutes ago, RafaG said:

I am very upset with Emby's development in this matter. We have no idea when this feature will be available, no roadmap, no ETA, nothing.

Why do I have to use third-party developments or install other media software?

Looking at the log of changes in Emby in recent years, I have the feeling that it is a dying project, I have not seen a single new function, only fixes, compatibility updates and similar things

There is a highly anticipated Live TV upgrade that is supposed to happen "soon".  So there is new functionality appearing.  I'm not sure, but I do not think there are many Emby developers, and maintenance of all the different servers and clients I'm sure takes a fair amount of effort.

That's where open source projects like JellyFin can potentially have the advantage.

Edited by BillOatman

evil_crab

I'm sure Emby devs have usage statistics and take it into consideration when setting up priorities, but I, personally, am always surprised by the amount of attention Live TV gets. No one that I know watches any live television, and it has been the case for the last 10+ years. The only exceptions are sports fans, but even they prefer official streaming services of Formula 1, NBA, etc. Of course, it can be a regional/generational thing, but it all is very strange to me nevertheless 

Edited by evil_crab
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2