Plugin - Chapter Editor (ChapterApi)

TeamB

rbjtech
2 hours ago, chef said:

Did you guys ever figure out how to keep edited items during a  metadata refresh?

I think we all came to the same agreement that this is down the Core to decide.  Locking 'chapters' seems a good way forward in keeping with how the rest of the metadata is edited/locked.  If/when the Core delivers an editor - then this makes even more sense.

2 hours ago, chef said:

Would a db if edited items be to much?

View is to store it all in the Core/chapters table - locking maintains chapters after an item refresh.

The jury is out on NFO files - but if they are used as a metadata source by the user, then chapters should, imho, be written back - but again, as part of the core NFO process. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

TeamB

@chef @rbjtech @Luke

In regards to the chapter handling in the core, it would be nice to have some clarity on this on how the core will handle it.

The way I see it working:

- be able to lock chapters so meta data refresh no longer nukes everything, have an option to not import chapters from the source file or only do it once etc

- a smart merge where if chapters are refreshed it does not nuke any custom chapters, it merges in new chapters.

2 hours ago, TeamB said:

@chef @rbjtech @Luke

In regards to the chapter handling in the core, it would be nice to have some clarity on this on how the core will handle it.

The way I see it working:

- be able to lock chapters so meta data refresh no longer nukes everything, have an option to not import chapters from the source file or only do it once etc

- a smart merge where if chapters are refreshed it does not nuke any custom chapters, it merges in new chapters.

Yup, all on the to do list.

• Like 3

VirulentPip

@Luke Using this has helped me notice some weirdness with IntroEnd markers. Wasn't sure if to post here or another thread more dedicated to the IntroSkip Core.  

12 Monkeys S01 Intro.png

12 Monkeys S01 The Keys Intro.png

rbjtech
1 hour ago, VirulentPip said:

@Luke Using this has helped me notice some weirdness with IntroEnd markers. Wasn't sure if to post here or another thread more dedicated to the IntroSkip Core.  

12 Monkeys S01 Intro.png

12 Monkeys S01 The Keys Intro.png

Have you previously ever used the Introskip Plugin ?

If yes - this this 'may' have been caused by a bug in the Chapters Task - which is now fixed.  If you continue to use the Plugin, then you should use the new version (1.0.0.3) either way - for both the Core and the Plugin, both require a metadata refresh to clear it.

btw - please raise as a new thread - this thread is for TeamB's plugin ;)

Edited by rbjtech

VirulentPip
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Have you previously ever used the Introskip Plugin ?

If yes - this this 'may' have been caused by a bug in the Chapters Task - which is now fixed.  If you continue to use the Plugin, then you should use the new version (1.0.0.3) either way - for both the Core and the Plugin, both require a metadata refresh to clear it.

btw - please raise as a new thread - this thread is for TeamB's plugin ;)

AH thought that might have been the case, thanks!

chef
13 minutes ago, TeamB said:

I have added this plugin to the online Server Plugin Catalogue

image.png.1afe8a5020f9ebb4786a7cc8616cf743.png

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

I have added this plugin to the online Server Plugin Catalogue

Great work matey!! 

TeamB
6 hours ago, Raymendo said:

Where can I find this plugin in the Plugin boutique? Can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Under metadata plugins

• Like 1

TeamB

latest version 1.0.0.9 fixes a few small bugs and adds chapter images to the season summary page.

rbjtech
25 minutes ago, TeamB said:

latest version 1.0.0.9 fixes a few small bugs and adds chapter images to the season summary page.

This is exciting progress - thankyou.

I believe you are taking the exact thumbnail from the IntroStart/End/Credit timing ?

I compared to the Introskip Plugin - and I believe the thumnail image was taken maybe a second? 'after' the IntroStart and a second? before the IntroEnd - basically so you should see the start and end of the Intro itself as opposed to normal content.  The idea being that you visually compare to all the other episodes - if they are 'alike' then chances are the Introskip markers are good.

@chef @Cheesegeezer - Can you remember now ?

The two screens below are from the same show - Interestingly the credits from your plugin look more accurate - but the Intro screen give more of a confirmation on the Introskip markers.

I guess it depends on what we are trying to achieve ?

image.thumb.png.c5e6ef678a7799173dc995d63284c498.png

image.png.8b92f56b150af27a66eeffb19f730924.png

chef

That looks really great.

The intro plugin pushed the thumbnail extraction forward a couple seconds because sometimes it would just grab a blank screen. This definitely happened when attempting to extract credit thumbnails.

The intro plugin actually moved the extraction time backwards.

To be honest, I think the intro plugin pushed the extraction by 7 seconds.

TimeSpan.FromSeconds(7); //<--push the image frame so it isn't always a black screen.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

TeamB
58 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I believe you are taking the exact thumbnail from the IntroStart/End/Credit timing ?

its using the thumbnail that the Emby server has for the chapter, for this to work you need chapter image thumbnail extraction turned on in the library settings.

Edited by TeamB
  • Thanks 2

chef
4 minutes ago, TeamB said:

its using the thumbnail that the Emby server has for the chapter, for this to work you need chapter image thumbnail extraction turned on in the library settings.

It's awesome.

So when the chapters are changed and saved in the plugin, does it kick of image extraction and update the UI?

TeamB
1 minute ago, chef said:

It's awesome.

So when the chapters are changed and saved in the plugin, does it kick of image extraction and update the UI?

no, you need to run the chapter image scheduled task.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, chef said:

That looks really great.

The intro plugin pushed the thumbnail extraction forward a couple seconds because sometimes it would just grab a blank screen. This definitely happened when attempting to extract credit thumbnails.

TimeSpan.FromSeconds(7); //<--push the image frame so it isn't always a black screen.

Yeah qnd that was on both start and end points for intros only

TeamB
10 hours ago, chef said:

That looks really great.

How where you doing this, is this something you can request the core to do, offset the chapter image?

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, TeamB said:

How where you doing this, is this something you can request the core to do, offset the chapter image?

He did it by extracting the image via ffmpeg and sending it to the UI. 

TeamB

extracting and storing custom images is beyond what this plugin is about.

A simple viewer/editor of core chapter data.

The images shown are the chapter images that the core has already extracted and what is available to clients, this gives you an idea of how it would look in a client when selecting a chapter.

chef

I can delete that last post if it is too much. 😆

I realize that is a large post which may not be nesessary. 😳

• Haha 1

TeamB
2 minutes ago, chef said:

I can delete that last post if it is too much. 😆

I realize that is a large post which may not be nesessary. 😳

thanks, yeah you can nuke the code block, I have a bunch of examples of this in other projects I have worked on.

Custom image extraction and storage is beyond scope for this plugin.