Plugin - Chapter Editor (ChapterApi)

TeamB

rbjtech

I don't use the Core Introskip myself, but it would be interesting to see what thumbnails that creates as I believe there is an option to display the 'hidden' markers as chapter points I believe.. ?

Edited by rbjtech

TeamB
20 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I don't use the Core Introskip myself, but it would be interesting to see what thumbnails that creates as I believe there is an option to display the 'hidden' markers as chapter points I believe.. ?

I dont know of any option to show hidden marker types, to he honest this is one of the reasons I wrote this plugin as I could not find any way of "seeing" the hidden marker types without using the Item Rest API to request item info in a python script etc.

seanbuff
21 minutes ago, TeamB said:

I dont know of any option to show hidden marker types

Not in the Web UI, but the only option I know of is in the current ATV client app

image.png.52d27ec890c398b32c773cb81de21185.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rbjtech
3 hours ago, seanbuff said:

Not in the Web UI, but the only option I know of is in the current ATV client app

image.png.52d27ec890c398b32c773cb81de21185.png

Thanks - I knew I had seen it somewhere.

I'll test this on an isolated build - I'm assuming that for the function above to work - it must be creating thumbnails - I would hope (lol) it's literally not putting an empty thumbnail where the markers are.   Maybe it provides the image if you then subsequently run the thumbnail task ..   I'll have a play.

TeamB

Latest version (1.1.0.0 in the cat now)  has a new Series summary tab that lets you view all you Intro info for all your series/seasons.

• Like 2

rbjtech
7 hours ago, TeamB said:

Latest version (1.1.0.0 in the cat now)  has a new Series summary tab that lets you view all you Intro info for all your series/seasons.

Very nice.

This is what the stats feature in the Plugin was attempting to do - it revealed the same numbers as this but it never really got tweaked to be fully useful.

The idea was to find shows/seasons where the total found intro's / credits was either 100% or 0% - both could be valid.  Ep1 and Specials were excluded from the calculations as they often do not have an Intro, thus may skew the figures.

A cut'n'paste exports the data nicely into Excel - so it can be further analysed.

Thanks for the improvements - another great plugin. :)

Amanade3

Is there a way to import end credits database from the old introskip plugin? Or is it possible the plugin scan and add end credits chapter

TeamB
2 hours ago, Amanade3 said:

Is there a way to import end credits database from the old introskip plugin? Or is it possible the plugin scan and add end credits chapter

I think there are other plugins that will create the chapters for you, last i read the introskip plugin was going to be re released new and improved with the intro detection removed but still do credit detection etc. I dont know where this project is currently at though.

Amanade3

The plugin is very helpful, I hope some plugins will integrate an end credits detection or the core skip intro function will also include end credits detection sometime in the future.🤞

rbjtech
14 hours ago, Amanade3 said:

It does this today - you need to activate the 'Chapters' option in the Plugin.

It will then import both the IntroStart/End and CreditsStart hidden markers from the Plugin database into the Core chapters database - and subsequently show up in TeamB's chapter plugin as well.

@Cheesegeezer - is the latest Introskip Plugin with the Chapters fix available in any of the Plugin threads as I appreciate you removed it from the Catalogue ? v1.003 I believe.

Cheesegeezer
On 31/07/2022 at 10:37, rbjtech said:

It does this today - you need to activate the 'Chapters' option in the Plugin.

It will then import both the IntroStart/End and CreditsStart hidden markers from the Plugin database into the Core chapters database - and subsequently show up in TeamB's chapter plugin as well.

@Cheesegeezer - is the latest Introskip Plugin with the Chapters fix available in any of the Plugin threads as I appreciate you removed it from the Catalogue ? v1.003 I believe.

Rich, you can post that version on here if you want, or start a thread, post it up and then lock the thread. Actually I’ll disable the detection tasks and fingerprinting so it can be used and only the core uses it to transfer. 
plus we have the end credits plugin working now, we just have to tweak the algorithm to nail down the 25% its not catching correctly.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Rich, you can post that version on here if you want, or start a thread, post it up and then lock the thread. Actually I’ll disable the detection tasks and fingerprinting so it can be used and only the core uses it to transfer. 
plus we have the end credits plugin working now, we just have to tweak the algorithm to nail down the 25% its not catching correctly.

If users are like me - they are still using it rather than the Core - so I'll just post the version that I am using (with the Chapters fix).

v1.0.0.3 attached (zip)

- This fixes the chapters issue and correctly imports the hidden emby core 'markers' that now work with the Emby Clients to get the 'button'.   Note, metadata on the previously incorrectly added items will need to be refreshed - and then re-run the chapters task in the plugin to correctly re-add them.

Once the import has completed, and you are happy with the results - you can then uninstall the plugin and use the Core Introskip version instead as you wish.  Full support after this point will need to come from the Core team.

Thanks.

IntroSkip.zip

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer
19 minutes ago, Amanade3 said:

How do i import end credit start marker to the chapter api plugin? and will it affect the core database?

Just wait because the plugin detection for end credits is done by the plugin and a simultaneous process with intros.
So it will affect any intros you already have and have edited.

myself and sam are working on an end credit plugin for both episodes and movies, we just started it and are detecting 75% so a bit more work on nailing the 98% success down. Hope Chef jumps in to the collaboration as the 4 of us work amazing together along with Rich too.

TeamB

I added semi automatic intro detection to the Chapters plugin.

See first post for details.

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 2

rbjtech
7 hours ago, TeamB said:

I'll have a play with this later.  I really liked the original Intro idea you had and tbh was really surprised it did not get more of a following as it has the potential to be a much quicker alternative.

TeamB
23 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I'll have a play with this later.  I really liked the original Intro idea you had and tbh was really surprised it did not get more of a following as it has the potential to be a much quicker alternative.

It has advantages and disadvantages.

chef
12 hours ago, TeamB said:

So this plugin is yet another intro detection application now?

Cheesegeezer
9 hours ago, TeamB said:

It has advantages and disadvantages.

Yeah i think intros should be left to the core.

your editor is invaluable tho. So thanks for the continued support.

TeamB
8 hours ago, chef said:

So this plugin is yet another intro detection application now?

Perhaps i should follow the yaml project naming convention and call it YAID 🙂

2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yeah i think intros should be left to the core.

Options are good. Also this is not a replacement for core, in its current form it is a semi automatic detection tool.

Edited by TeamB

TeamB
3 minutes ago, binarygeek119 said:

@TeamB

when i go to extract intro chromaprint, i get this.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Is this the text in the file that downloads?

Is there any errors in the emby server log?

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, binarygeek119 said:

@TeamB

when i go to extract intro chromaprint, i get this.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Debug logging and send him the log, if sensitive do it on PM