Plugin - Chapter Editor (ChapterApi)

TeamB

fillidill

I love this plugin and have been using it a lot. Is it possible to add some way to reload the intro data without loosing the position in the folder hierarchy? 

TeamB
1 hour ago, fillidill said:

I love this plugin and have been using it a lot. Is it possible to add some way to reload the intro data without loosing the position in the folder hierarchy? 

I am not sure of exactly what you are asking here. Can you give me a little bit more info, a short description of what it is you are doing and how you want it to work?

fillidill
3 hours ago, TeamB said:

I am not sure of exactly what you are asking here. Can you give me a little bit more info, a short description of what it is you are doing and how you want it to work?

I guess I am asking for a button that refreshes the data again without reloading the whole page.
Maybe below picture helps explain what I mean 🙂

screen.jpg

rbjtech
12 minutes ago, fillidill said:

I guess I am asking for a button that refreshes the data again without reloading the whole page.
Maybe below picture helps explain what I mean 🙂

screen.jpg

Just click on 'Season 1' again - where your arrow is - and it refreshes the items I believe.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

fillidill
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Just click on 'Season 1' again - where your arrow is - and it refreshes the items I believe.

I could have sworn I tried that but yeah seems to work. Thanks a lot!

• Haha 1

TeamB
4 hours ago, fillidill said:

I could have sworn I tried that but yeah seems to work. Thanks a lot!

Glad you got it sorted out, building an intuitive user interface it actually really hard. Even just from a code complexity point of view. For example the code in this plugin that can detect the offset of an audio fragment fingerprint in an episode is about 60 lines of code, compared to hundreds of lines of code to get the data displayed and interactable in the user interface.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, TeamB said:

Glad you got it sorted out, building an intuitive user interface it actually really hard. Even just from a code complexity point of view. For example the code in this plugin that can detect the offset of an audio fragment fingerprint in an episode is about 60 lines of code, compared to hundreds of lines of code to get the data displayed and interactable in the user interface.

I hear you brother!

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Amanade3 said:

What about end credit detection any progress.

Myself and @samuelqwe & @rbjtech are currently working on a new method for end credit detection.

DB2E3828-6079-4081-9AC3-E9394F1B7DFE.thumb.jpeg.0bfaa4e7844fafc8e30b7b68f2160b51.jpeg

0C4794A3-E88F-4708-81C3-49D71193C18A.thumb.jpeg.bf8a871a97bb9cba174ebf582515094b.jpeg

07E8D5A0-89E3-479C-AF46-FFB7010F3C32.thumb.jpeg.290c87230649e5d41b3e2ebbb6812572.jpeg

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 4

rbjtech
7 minutes ago, Amanade3 said:

Good job... so is it a stand alone plugin or integrated in the chapter api plugin? 

Standalone plugin.

I believe the plan is to write the end credit data as hidden chapters/markers - the same way the Introskip Plugin does today for TV Series.  As this plugin will do movies as well as TV Series, I'm unsure at this time what support the clients would have for it.  Today, only the AndroidTV Client has support for end credit data for TV Series only - ie it brings up the OSD for 'Next Episode' when the marker is available.

• Agree 2

Amanade3

Well yeah works on android tv client i manually add some end credit start data and next episode osd pops up. May be it will also work for movies when u watch them back to back after you create a playlist. So ur plugin come in handy. I cant wait to download it when it comes out. Keep up the good work.

rbjtech

@TeamB - on the themeservice, is it still -1 to apply the FP for the entire season or leave it blank ?

Edited by rbjtech

TeamB
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

@TeamB - on the themeservice, is it still -1 to apply the FP for the entire season or leave it blank ?

At the moment the logic i am going with is leave it blank.

I am currently working on the logic in the ChaperApi plugin, the idea is you will be able to submit a zip with multiple intro info items, the plugin will try to use the best fitting intro for the detection in each episode.

There are two approaches for this. Just search for each intro cp and use the best detection, the one with the lowest hamming distance. Or pick the into cp to use in the detection based on the best season/episode index match with the episode. Not sure which is going to be best yet.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I personally think this is a great approach. 
the core devs aren’t doing much with the intros side and it’s sad.

we had our light of day with the plugin, which in my eyes is still the best version of the concept, but I’m biased lol 😂 

im just glad that you have the passion to enhance the chapter plugin! Keep doing what your doing, I’m sure the community appreciates it, i know I certainly do!! 👍

TeamB
56 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

we had our light of day with the plugin, which in my eyes is still the best version of the concept, but I’m biased lol

The fully auto similar segments detection of audio is a great approach, it will work on a high percentage of series and give good results most of the time.

This alternative approach is just a more manually configurable and interactive way of trying to achieve the same outcome. The idea is the intro info CP list are a crafted set of tested intros that are only available for series that have valid detectable intros. Thus you are starting from a know good place and hopefully for people that like to tweak their systems give them great results for targeted Tv Shows.

As with everything, both approaches have their pros and cons.

One of the disappointing things I found was it took over a year for the chromaprint muxer to be added to the packaged ffmpeg, I feel we would have been way ahead of where we are now if this had of been in the ffmpeg build when first asked.

1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

im just glad that you have the passion to enhance the chapter plugin! Keep doing what your doing, I’m sure the community appreciates it, i know I certainly do!!

thanks, I am not sure how many people will use the intro detection stuff I am working on, I feel they will just use the fully auto version in the core (when it is fixed, currently has an issue with the ffmpeg command) but I build stuff in my spare time as a hobby which is weird as my day job is also doing the same sort of thing but I still find it relaxing to build tools like this.

I am keeping the main Chapter Interface as is so it is useful as a chapter viewer editor and adding any intro detection stuff in its own tabs/pages/classes etc to keep them logically separated.

• Thanks 1

TeamB

Latest Version :1.2.0.4

• Fix a server exit issue with the worker thread
  • Added the ability to submit a zip of multiple intro theme items for detection
  • If multiple intro theme items are submitted detection will now try to match the best intro

I also set up a Theme Service web site to host Intro theme chromaprint data.

https://themeservice.azurewebsites.net/

This website can host intro detection info for known good themes in shows that people would like to contribute. The idea is if you have a good working detection intro item you can submit it. To submit something you need to log in, the site is using GitHub OAuth so you need a GitHub account to log in to submit.

I am still thinking of the best way to add a voting system to the site to allow people to vote or verify items to give users some indication of quality. Ideas?

• Like 4

rbjtech

There was yet another example today on the forums where your approach is far superior to both the Plugin and the Core - this is where there are effectively two Intro's - back to back.  Both the plugin and the core only identify the first intro, but fail to pickup the second.  

Using the method of a 'known' intro fingerprint - the user could simply add this to the list - and force the detection to take place to identify both Intro's as one.

rbjtech
32 minutes ago, TeamB said:

I am still thinking of the best way to add a voting system to the site to allow people to vote or verify items to give users some indication of quality. Ideas?

Other than some sort of reputation for each item, or maybe user - I'm not sure there is an easy way.

Maybe a star system - to verify if the FP is good - and the detection code will only use items that have say 5 stars and above for example ?   Users cannot star their own items .. lol .. but should be able to use them for their own detection ?

Edited by rbjtech

TeamB
Just now, rbjtech said:

Other than some sort of reputation for each item, or maybe user - I'm not sure there is an easy way.

Yes that is what i was thinking. If you log in you can verify/vote for items you have tested/used. A general user could then ask to have only verified items in search results etc

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

TeamB

I added verification to the Theme Service web site. At the moment the main rule is you can not verify your own uploads. There is an option to only show verified results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11

This appears to sort episodes by date added, rather than by episode number, which for a couple of seasons I'm working with means they're essentially in a completely random order.

TeamB
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

This appears to sort episodes by date added, rather than by episode number, which for a couple of seasons I'm working with means they're essentially in a completely random order.

can you show me a screen shot plz, it will help identify the issue.

crusher11
39 minutes ago, TeamB said:

can you show me a screen shot plz, it will help identify the issue.

Actually, I think it's a number-of-digits thing. So I have a series that's ordered thusly:

Episode 1101
Episode 1102
Episode 1107
Episode 1113
Episode 1203
Episode 1302
Episode 1305
Episode 1313
Episode 602
Episode 604
Episode 801
Episode 802