Extremely long media library scan and slow unresponsive apps

jameskitt616

phi303

i'm also having an issue, scan is nice and quick until it gets to 88.9% then it hangs for about 5 hours before completion (log attached when it 88.9%)

embyserver.txt

Edited by phi303
server address was shown in log

rodainas

It appears you are generating intro video markers along with the library scan, that can take a long time depending of the number of video files it needs to scan.

Try setting the intro video markers as a scheduled task only (on the tvshows libraries settings), then try doing a scan and see how it compares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

phi303
1 hour ago, rodainas said:

It appears you are generating intro video markers along with the library scan, that can take a long time depending of the number of video files it needs to scan.

Try setting the intro video markers as a scheduled task only (on the tvshows libraries settings), then try doing a scan and see how it compares.

that was exactly it!!! man I went from 6hrs 52m down to 1m 25s lol thanks so much!!!

(yeah, i already had it as a scheduled task once a week lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Beddu85

Hi guys, I have the sam problem... when add the my personal Folder 100k (foto and video) in Server Emby installed in my qnap NAS 464 16Gb, the RAM used is full and used HDD to add RAM... The server Emby freezing... I have resolved with increase in Emby server the database setting... I have increase from 128Mb to 1024Mb database and row from 400 to 1000... with this parameter my qnap NAS scanning the all data in few minutes.

Can you confirm that method work??

bye Davide

24 minutes ago, Beddu85 said:

Hi guys, I have the sam problem... when add the my personal Folder 100k (foto and video) in Server Emby installed in my qnap NAS 464 16Gb, the RAM used is full and used HDD to add RAM... The server Emby freezing... I have resolved with increase in Emby server the database setting... I have increase from 128Mb to 1024Mb database and row from 400 to 1000... with this parameter my qnap NAS scanning the all data in few minutes.

Can you confirm that method work??

bye Davide

HI, increasing those values can improve the performance of the server.

Anielarias
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, increasing those values can improve the performance of the server.

i did deleted my db and started with a new one but so far seems very responsive in the latest beta