The Unplayed filter isn't working after the latest server update

MBSki

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, mbarylski said:

@Happy2Play I was thinking about what you said about a potential database issue. What I don't understand is why every other function can recognize the played/unplayed state. It's only the filter that isn't properly recognizing the played/unplayed state. How is that a database issue? Seems like an issue with the filter code to me. 

Well the exact same queries/filters on one database vs the another works.  A new database or new install works.  So something in the existing database is causing issues, but only a guess on my part.

MBSki
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Well the exact same queries/filters on one database vs the another works.  A new database or new install works.  So something in the existing database is causing issues, but only a guess on my part.

Well, I can't wipe out my database because I don't have it setup like yours. I think I'd lose all my favorites, playlists, and selected images.

What do I do now?

@cayars Is there anything to actually look at if you connect to my instance?

TheMays

I just installed Emby server yesterday version 4.7.2.0. The watched episodes are showing up in unwatched filter on mine as well.

Unwatched badges are incorrect as well. The badge shows total number of shows, not remaining unwatched episodes.

Edited by TheMays
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMays said:

I just installed Emby server yesterday version 4.7.2.0. The watched episodes are showing up in unwatched filter on mine as well.

Unwatched badges are incorrect as well. The badge shows total number of shows, not remaining unwatched episodes.

Can you grab a picture of this?
Is this from the screen immediately off the main menu?

Which badge are you referring to about number of shows vs episodes?

Edited by cayars

10 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

@cayars @ebr @Luke Any thoughts on this? How do we go about fixing this issue without completely nuking the db?

We need to identify what the issue is first before we know corrective actions.

MBSki
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

We need to identify what the issue is first before we know corrective actions.

Ok, what can I provide to help? I was hoping to pinpoint exactly when it broke, but the best I can narrow it down is after 4.6.7 which is too big a time span. What else can I provide?

You don't need to track down when it started. What's more important is knowing how to reproduce it. :)

MBSki
14 minutes ago, cayars said:

You don't need to track down when it started. What's more important is knowing how to reproduce it. :)

That seems to be even more of a challenge. 😅

I didn't say YOU needed to do this, only that it's more important to be able to reproduce it.  It's much easier as a dev to debug/fix something f you can reproduce it.:)

MBSki
Just now, cayars said:

I didn't say YOU needed to do this, only that it's more important to be able to reproduce it.  It's much easier as a dev to debug/fix something f you can reproduce it.:)

Yes, yes, I know. Just based on folks that have responded it seems like a tricky one to reproduce. 

Happy2Play

Only variable I can guess is database as a new one corrects the issue.  But ultimately can't see anything wrong in defective db though besides queries/filters not working.

MBSki
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Only variable I can guess is database as a new one corrects the issue.  But ultimately can't see anything wrong in defective db though besides queries/filters not working.

Yea, that's the weird thing. What exactly in the database could be confusing the query? Its just not logical. 

MBSki
54 minutes ago, cayars said:

Is there a query I can run against the database to compare the TV Series that work to the TV Series that don't? I do have some tv series that are getting detected properly, but only a few. Rather maybe just 1. But if there's a query I could run, maybe it'll tell us something about what's wrong.

1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

Is there a query I can run against the database to compare the TV Series that work to the TV Series that don't? I do have some tv series that are getting detected properly, but only a few. Rather maybe just 1. But if there's a query I could run, maybe it'll tell us something about what's wrong.

Any chance you could zip up the library.db file and send it to me to take a look at?

Happy2Play

Hmm I just deleted all libraries on a test system that was failing except one that I have in a clean test portable that works and it started working on the system that was failing.

Testing with one library with two series.

So there has to be conflicting data somewhere.

Will do a restore and see what happens.

MBSki
9 hours ago, cayars said:

Any chance you could zip up the library.db file and send it to me to take a look at?

Yep, I'll send you a PM.

MBSki

@cayars I zipped up both my library.db's. Any chance you've been able to look through to see anything that might be causing the issue?

I don't think you ever sent them to me.  Look at the message right above yours.

MBSki
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

I don't think you ever sent them to me.  Look at the message right above yours.

I sent them in a PM.

• Like 1

MBSki
18 hours ago, cayars said:

OK just tracked them down. :)

Any luck tracking down a cause?

I've been looking at your databases a number of different ways.  I'm thinking you're problem is related to having your TV Shows in a "alternate" library type.
You're TV Shows aren't using a "TV Shows" library type but instead are using "Mixed Content" type.

Any chance you could try setting up a specific TV Shows type and see what your result would be?

6 minutes ago, cayars said:

You're TV Shows aren't using a "TV Shows" library type but instead are using "Mixed Content" type.

I don't think that is the problem as it reproduces on TV Show libraries as well.

MBSki
18 minutes ago, ebr said:

I don't think that is the problem as it reproduces on TV Show libraries as well.

Agreed.

@cayars I'm not sure what libraries that you're looking at anyways. My primary issues are with the TV Shows and Kids libraries, both of which are the TV Shows media type.