The Unplayed filter isn't working after the latest server update

MBSki

MBSki

@Luke I can at least select filter options and it appears most of them work, but the Unplayed filter doesn't do anything. 

Also, the app is really glitchy. It's constantly crashing on Xbox Series X. For some reason I have not crashing issues on my Xbox One X, but the series x experience is really bad at the moment.

MBSki
6 hours ago, FrostByte said:

The unplayed filter for all movies works for me using .379

.379 is the app version #? Are you using an Xbox Series X?

Oh, and what about filtering on TV Shows? Sorry. I should've mentioned I was trying to filter on TV shows and that didn't work.

Edited by mbarylski

FrostByte

Yes, I have version 1.1.379.  I believe that is the latest also

Mine is the Xbox One X, not the newer Series X

It works on TV Shows also for me.  I have about 20 series with only 1 series having unwatched episodes and changing Playstate to "unplayed" filters everything out but the one series with unplayed episodes. 

Is it not working on both systems for you then?

MBSki
13 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Yes, I have version 1.1.379.  I believe that is the latest also

Mine is the Xbox One X, not the newer Series X

It works on TV Shows also for me.  I have about 20 series with only 1 series having unwatched episodes and changing Playstate to "unplayed" filters everything out but the one series with unplayed episodes. 

Is it not working on both systems for you then?

It's not working on ANY app that I use: Emby for Android, Android TV, or Xbox. None of them will filter on Unplayed. BUT, I just figured it out. It won't filter when "Group items into collections" is selected. So I guess the automatic disabling of "Group items..." isn't working?

FrostByte

Okay, I'm seeing this with TV show collections now.  

If you have TV shows grouped by collection checked then absolutely nothing is shown when filtered by unplayed.  Not even episodes outside of collections are shown.

Uncheck the box and everything is displayed correctly

Tested using web client server beta .17

Movies grouped by collections work fine when filtering.

FrostByte

Also, I had to do a refresh for everything to disappear.  It doesn't auto refresh after changing grouping option

MBSki
14 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Also, I had to do a refresh for everything to disappear.  It doesn't auto refresh after changing grouping option

Yes, forgot to mention that.

27 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Okay, I'm seeing this with TV show collections now.  

If you have TV shows grouped by collection checked then absolutely nothing is shown when filtered by unplayed.  Not even episodes outside of collections are shown.

Uncheck the box and everything is displayed correctly

Tested using web client server beta .17

Movies grouped by collections work fine when filtering.

So this needs to be fixed right? It used to work, and it should work even if the "Group items by collections" is checked. It could pull everything out of collections if needed, just like all the other filters, but it should at least filter even when that "Group items..." option is checked.

FrostByte

Looks like a bug to me.  It works for movies for me with group by collection checked.   Just not with TV shows

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
MBSki

@Luke The Unplayed filter is broken again. I've tried the standard app on Shield, web, and xbox clients. When I select unplayed, the display stays the same. The watched tv shows still show in the list. In the image below you can see that Unplayed is selected, but on the right side, 2nd row, Aerial America is played, but it still shows up. I think this may have started with the server update. Can you please fix?

image.thumb.png.7595dfeab97f30a34dd9f7801ebc1bd6.png 

5 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

@Luke The Unplayed filter is broken again. I've tried the standard app on Shield, web, and xbox clients. When I select unplayed, the display stays the same. The watched tv shows still show in the list. In the image below you can see that Unplayed is selected, but on the right side, 2nd row, Aerial America is played, but it still shows up. I think this may have started with the server update. Can you please fix?

image.thumb.png.7595dfeab97f30a34dd9f7801ebc1bd6.png 

Example?

MBSki

What do you mean example? I posted the example in the screen shot.

1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

What do you mean example? I posted the example in the screen shot.

Try closing the dialog. that's when the filters get applied.

MBSki

When I filter on unplayed in my tv shows library, it's showing my Played shows as well. @Luke Please fix this issue.

image.png.ab86176d806fa3b5dd44993c5e288ed6.png 

Happy2Play

Have we determined any steps to reproduce this?  I have yet to see this issue on any server I have.

Or is this suppose to be a specific client issue?

MBSki
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Have we determined any steps to reproduce this?  I have yet to see this issue on any server I have.

Or is this suppose to be a specific client issue?

I'm seeing it in every client on both stable and beta servers. All I do is select unplayed and that's it. Group collections is unchecked and I don't select any other filters. I am showing missing episodes. 

This also only seems to be a problem with tv shows. Movies seem to be fine.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

I'm seeing it in every client on both stable and beta servers. All I do is select unplayed and that's it. Group collections is unchecked and I don't select any other filters. I am showing missing episodes. 

This also only seems to be a problem with tv shows. Movies seem to be fine.

I have Web client and Roku always set to unplayed without issue on stable or beta.  So until a variable is found that reproduces the issue or by chance Luke finds an issue I suspect it will be like this for awhile.

MBSki
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have Web client and Roku always set to unplayed without issue on stable or beta.  So until a variable is found that reproduces the issue or by chance Luke finds an issue I suspect it will be like this for awhile.

Well that would really suck. 

How could it possibly work one day then break right after the update? It still works on 4.6.7 which I have on my NAS.

On stable and beta servers, if I filter on played it doesn't show anything. And I just marked a show as played. How is that possible? Any thoughts on what setting I should change to try and determine the cause?