The Unplayed filter isn't working after the latest server update

MBSki

MBSki

@ebr Can you please point me to where I can get the server downloads for the incrementals?

MBSki
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Sorry, I'm not sure all past betas are available anywhere...

Ugh, well how are we going to pinpoint when the issue occurred? You will fix this right?  Just trying to help narrow down when exactly it started to make it easier. What can I do to help? Please let me know as it's frustrating to have such a basic feature break with no known reason.

MBSki

Any chance you have any of them stored locally? 

@cayars Any chance you could help? Do you have any beta versions after 4.6.7 for windows saved locally that you could share?

MBSki

The incrementals for the server aren't there after 4.6.7. All I see is source code for the client. Can you see the server downloads somewhere?

SmartSelect_20220605-200053_Edge.jpg.d7ebe2546049f66f719a06729bd10405.jpg

MBSki

@cayars Any suggestions? Were can i get the incremental versions so I can pinpoint where exactly this broke?

Do you have the import missing episodes option enabled on the tv library?

MBSki
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

You mean this setting? No, it's turned off. And I turned it off in the user display options too.

image.png.314a76da32d9773904cfcc54e72f8349.png

MBSki
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you can get me the incrementals I can pinpoint exactly when it broke. I have been able to determine that it works fine in 4.6.7 and breaks in 3.7.40.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

If you can get me the incrementals I can pinpoint exactly when it broke. I have been able to determine that it works fine in 4.6.7 and breaks in 3.7.40.

Betas don't exist, only the previous version is maintained on GitHub.  Only all release versions are maintained.

So the only way to have each beta update is if someone is actually downloading and maintaining them.

MBSki
13 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Betas don't exist, only the previous version is maintained on GitHub.  Only all release versions are maintained.

So the only way to have each beta update is if someone is actually downloading and maintaining them.

Right, that's what I'm hoping for. But, I'm only asking for those so I can make it easier to track down what exactly broke the filter. 

Do you have any other approaches to figuring out what broke the filter for me?

12 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Right, that's what I'm hoping for. But, I'm only asking for those so I can make it easier to track down what exactly broke the filter. 

Do you have any other approaches to figuring out what broke the filter for me?

Does this happen with more than one series? If yes then please pick one to sacrifice for a test. Move the whole series folder out of your library, run a scan of all libraries to flush out the database, and then add it back.

MBSki
Just now, Luke said:

Does this happen with more than one series? If yes then please pick one to sacrifice for a test. Move the whole series folder out of your library, run a scan of all libraries to flush out the database, and then add it back.

Yes, it happens on any series. But I'll move 1 out and see what happens.

MBSki

Ok, so I moved a played show out, scanned all libraries, moved the show back, scanned again, and the issue still exists.

I'll try a show that isn't marked as played.

MBSki

@Luke Moving the unplayed show out didn't work either. 

Is there any way you can get me a few of the incrementals after 4.6.7? Maybe recompile a couple that you think would help narrow down exactly which version broke the filter?

I'm not able to reproduce this on any of my systems.

When you're switching back and forth between versions are you restoring the system to the state it was in at that point?  You're not removing the current version and installing an old version are you?  That's a good way to corrupt your database or get some things a bit out of wack.

General rule is always restore the state of the system the way it was before installing an older versions.  Otherwise you're running code that might not match the database you're using.

If you want to PM me we can setup a remote session and I'll take a quick look at this for you.

Happy2Play

This is odd as my primary 4.7.2.0 and 4.8.0.0 are fine but have portables that I can see are broken for both versions.

Maybe database related as I nuked a database on a portable (4.7.2.0) and appears to be working again, but it is still rebuilding.

MBSki

Ahhh, that's interesting. I'm using portables. I didn't know there's a difference, but I guess that's why I'm seeing the issue? Because I'm using portables?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Ahhh, that's interesting. I'm using portables. I didn't know there's a difference, but I guess that's why I'm seeing the issue? Because I'm using portables?

Should be unrelated as my primary stable (A:\Emby-Server) and beta (Y:\Emby-Server) are portables (different machines), then another system with default install and portables for only testing.)

MBSki
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Should be unrelated as my primary stable (A:\Emby-Server) and beta (Y:\Emby-Server) are portables (different machines), then another system with default install and portables for only testing.)

Hmmm, but you actually saw it broken. Interesting. 

When I moved a show out then back and rescanned it appeared that it was working again, but once it was done scanning, it was still broken.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Hmmm, but you actually saw it broken. Interesting. 

When I moved a show out then back and rescanned it appeared that it was working again, but once it was done scanning, it was still broken.

I'll know probably tomorrow on the portable that is rebuilding right now, but the libraries that have finished are currently honoring the filters.

MBSki
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I'll know probably tomorrow on the portable that is rebuilding right now, but the libraries that have finished are currently honoring the filters.

Hmmm. Ok. So what would that mean for me? I really don't have any interest in completely nuking my database.

MBSki

@Happy2Play I was thinking about what you said about a potential database issue. What I don't understand is why every other function can recognize the played/unplayed state. It's only the filter that isn't properly recognizing the played/unplayed state. How is that a database issue? Seems like an issue with the filter code to me. 

MBSki

One other thing to add is that for me at least, the issue occurs on EVERY tv show library. And Movie libraries work fine. Really seems like a bug to me.