The Unplayed filter isn't working after the latest server update

MBSki

24 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I am showing missing episodes

I wonder if that's the key?  Happy, do you include missing episodes?

MBSki
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

I disabled missing episodes and that doesn't work either. Still hunting for something that would be causing it. 

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

No but will look at it on a test machine.

MBSki

It seems strange that only tv shows are affected. Are there some specific tv show only settings I should try?

MBSki

I switched to just the episode list and the filter works there. So it seems it's just an issue with the show level watched status.

MBSki

@ebr So the GUI is displaying the played state correctly, so why isn't the filter recognizing that the show is played? You can see the first 2 shows are played, but they still show up. SmartSelect_20220602-184900_Emby.jpg.5734492e6ba9aeab65e5ed3d2763a898.jpg

MBSki

I just discovered that of the 100s of shows that I have iny library, these 7 ARE recognized as played with the filter. 

How can I figure out why these are recognized as played, but all the others aren't?

SmartSelect_20220602-210404_Emby.thumb.jpg.949d47d836035dc176d807c5c0bedf18.jpg

MBSki

To continue testing, I was thinking I could replace the system folder in my beta instance to "fall back" to the version that worked. Can I just stop the server, replace the system folder, and start back up? 

49 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

To continue testing, I was thinking I could replace the system folder in my beta instance to "fall back" to the version that worked. Can I just stop the server, replace the system folder, and start back up? 

Yes, but some caveats:

1) If there were database changes in the current version that could cause problems

2) The previous version may not work either

MBSki
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yes, but some caveats:

1) If there were database changes in the current version that could cause problems

2) The previous version may not work either

Right, yea, figured that. 

So, the 1 instance I have on the old version still works fine. It does seem to me that the update changes something, but I've looked for every setting possible, turned them on and off and it still doesn't work. How do I track this down? Should I send clean logs of when I turn the filter on and off? I don't know how to look in the db, but it seems the db has the correct played status, it's the filter that isn't using the played status for some reason. Really strange.

What can I get you to track this down and is there anything I could look at in the db that would provide a clue?

5 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

So, the 1 instance I have on the old version still works fine

What are the two versions in question?

MBSki
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

What are the two versions in question?

4.7.1 and 4.8 don't work, 4.6.7 does work.

1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

4.7.1 and 4.8 don't work, 4.6.7 does work.

Okay, well, that is a massive set of changes.  I guess you never ran the beta server?

MBSki
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, well, that is a massive set of changes.  I guess you never ran the beta server?

Yes I ran the beta server, but I didn't notice it until the update to stable. I don't use the beta server, I just ran random tests on it.

I thought 4.6.7 went to 4.7.1 so I don't think it's that many changes between those 2 versions is it?

4 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I thought 4.6.7 went to 4.7.1 so I don't think it's that many changes between those 2 versions is it?

Only about six and a half months worth :).  But 4.6.7 actually went to 4.7.0.60 and then to 4.7.1.  Can you try 4.7.0.60?

MBSki
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Only about six and a half months worth :).  But 4.6.7 actually went to 4.7.0.60 and then to 4.7.1.  Can you try 4.7.0.60?

Yes, I think so. Where can I get it? I never downloaded it.

MBSki

@ebr Can you send me the link for the incrementals after 4.6.7 so I can track down exactly when it broke so you can track down the specific change that broke the filter?

1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

@ebr Can you send me the link for the incrementals after 4.6.7 so I can track down exactly when it broke so you can track down the specific change that broke the filter?

The Releases link above has them all.

MBSki
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

The Releases link above has them all.

The only release I see after 4.6.7 is 4.7.0.40. And the gap is like 6 months. Where do I need to go to find the minor beta releases? I'm trying to narrow it down to a small block of changes rather than the 6 months from 4.6.7 to 4.7.0.40.

Go to the link I provided.  Then click on this (the word 'Releases'):

image.png

Once on that page, click the "Tags" tab at the top.

MBSki

Ok, thanks. Found it, but there are no downloads. It just looks like source code and it's for the client not the server. I'm just looking for the windows server files. Sorry for all the trouble, but I'd really like to help pinpoint exactly when the issue started so it can be fixed.

image.png.0d2a8f4f1f79270d1d20062a6a1d787c.png

On 6/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, mbarylski said:

I dropped back to 4.7.04

Is that a typo?  Did you mean 4.7.40?

MBSki
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Is that a typo?  Did you mean 4.7.40?

Yes, that's a typo. I still need the incrementals after 4.6.7. There are no downloads for server at the link you directed me to.