Android 2.0.71 Beta - ES TUT SICH NICHTS!

Teddyknuddel

Dlarge

Also ich wüsste nicht welcher Schnickschnack geändert wird. Momentan passiert garnichts großartig.

Hab die deutsche Übersetzung mal überarbeitet aber selbst die kommt nicht mal in die Beta. Alles sehr eigenartig. Dabei würde man ja so gerne helfen.😕

Teddyknuddel

@DlargeLuke hat sich gerade nochmal in einem anderem Threat gemeldet und nach einem Sample gefragt.

Ist in deren eigenen Interesse, dass da was voran geht - wenn die Leute dann genervt abspringen, weil nix gemacht wird, dann brauchen die sich nicht wundern, wenn irgendwann mal der Laden dicht ist, weil kein Geld mehr reinkommt.

Teddyknuddel

Und wenn man bedenkt, seit wann ich das schon bemängle, ist das echt ein absolutes Armutzeugnis. Man braucht hier jetzt auch nicht auf Nvidia die Schuld zu schieben - das Update ist nicht erst seit letzter Woche da - und andere haben es schon längst auf die Reihe gebracht.

Audiomixer

Es scheint, dass DTS-HD HRA in der Android TV-App behoben wurde. Schauen Sie es sich an und sehen Sie, ob es so ist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Teddy, how is the status for you? Does DTS-HD (also DTS-X) work for you without stutter?

ebr/Luke, I just got my Shield Pro and played around a bit and seem to be running into the same stutter issue on every DTS-HD (5.1 and 7.1) audio - every other audio codec seem to work just fine.
This is happening on the latest ATV beta (.80 iirc) and also on latest Emby for Android (.70 iirc).

What kind of logs would you need to check this?
Just let me know, I'll provide them.
Thank you!

Edited by neik

Teddyknuddel
47 minutes ago, neik said:

Teddy, what is the status with you? Is DTS-HD (even DTS-X) working for you without stuttering?

ebr/Luke, I just got my Shield Pro and played around a bit and seem to have the same stuttering problem with any DTS-HD (5.1 and 7.1) audio - every other audio codec seems to work fine. This happens with the latest ATV beta (.80 iirc) and also with the latest Emby for Android (.70 iirc).

What kind of logs would you need to verify this? Just let me know and I will provide them. Thanks!

It runs perfectly with me now. I can't say anything about DTS-X, as I have an older AV receiver, Onkyo TX-NR 809. The Shield is connected to this with an HDMI audio extractor, so I can still use the HD audio tracks that the amplifier supports. I no longer have any stuttering problems so far. Can now also use my network line to full capacity without it interfering. It should be mentioned that I upgraded my Windows server with an additional 2.5 GB LAN card. This is now available with 2.5 GB and 1 GB LAN simultaneously in the network.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
9 hours ago, neik said:

Teddy, how is the status for you? Does DTS-HD (also DTS-X) work for you without stutter?

ebr/Luke, I just got my Shield Pro and played around a bit and seem to be running into the same stutter issue on every DTS-HD (5.1 and 7.1) audio - every other audio codec seem to work just fine.
This is happening on the latest ATV beta (.80 iirc) and also on latest Emby for Android (.70 iirc).

What kind of logs would you need to check this?
Just let me know, I'll provide them.
Thank you!

Is this with or without Passthrough? I don’t have these issues on recent beta with shield tube and passthrough.

7 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Is this with or without Passthrough? I don’t have these issues on recent beta with shield tube and passthrough.

With passthrough in fact everything gets passed through from the Shield to a Sony HT-A9.

Strange that no one else does have the issue...

Are you guys watching 4K stuff with DTS-HD or 1080p?

In my case I tested 4K, will need to check if 1080p + DTS-HD causes the same issue. Will do tomorrow...

Teddyknuddel
12 hours ago, neik said:

With passthrough in fact everything gets passed through from the Shield to a Sony HT-A9.

Strange that no one else does have the issue...

Are you guys watching 4K stuff with DTS-HD or 1080p?

In my case I tested 4K, will need to check if 1080p + DTS-HD causes the same issue. Will do tomorrow...

So I use 4K with the HD soundtracks. 1080p are currently with me more the TV series, where at most Dolby Digital+ is available as a soundtrack.

Teddyknuddel
On 9/10/2022 at 11:27 PM, neik said:

FWIW, the same happens with 1080p files as well.
Really strange...

So I have now also tested with 1080p material - TrueHD, DTS-HD Master as HighResolution, PCM 5.1/7.1 - runs everything without stuttering. Maybe you tell us something about your server hardware.

Nothing special really:

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - headless
Network is ruled out as the available bandwith is higher than the bitrate.
Files are neither remuxed nor transcoded as they are direct playing.
I even disabled the subtitles to sort that out but stuttering is still there.

On my phone the files play fine but I assume this is due to the app downmixing the audio to stereo.

Luke/ebr, can I please have some feedback on this?
How can I provide a log from the new app?
ebr, does it help you if I provide a app from the ATV app?

Thank you!

Teddyknuddel
3 minutes ago, neik said:

Nothing special really:

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - headless
Network is ruled out as the available bandwith is higher than the bitrate.
Files are neither remuxed nor transcoded as they are direct playing.
I even disabled the subtitles to sort that out but stuttering is still there.

On my phone the files play fine but I assume this is due to the app downmixing the audio to stereo.

Luke/ebr, can I please have some feedback on this?
How can I provide a log from the new app?
ebr, does it help you if I provide a app from the ATV app?

Thank you!

Not the operating system, but the hardware. For example, I have an i5 8400 with 6 cores and 32 GB RAM running Windows 11. If you run something like that only on a Raspberry Pi 4 or lower, the stuttering would be no wonder.

2 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

Not the operating system, but the hardware. For example, I have an i5 8400 with 6 cores and 32 GB RAM running Windows 11. If you run something like that only on a Raspberry Pi 4 or lower, the stuttering would be no wonder.

Ah no, it's also on a 4 core Intel, don't know the specific CPU but it's not too old.
I direct play remuxed stuff with way higher bitrate and TrueHD without issues.
I really can't imagine it being the server's hardware, if that would be the case it shouldn't play on my phone as well, I guess...

Teddyknuddel
3 minutes ago, neik said:

Ah no, it's also on a 4 core Intel, don't know the specific CPU but it's not too old.
I direct play remuxed stuff with way higher bitrate and TrueHD without issues.
I really can't imagine it being the server's hardware, if that would be the case it shouldn't play on my phone as well, I guess...

There are many other factors that need to be considered. Is the player an Nvidia Shield Tube or Pro? Is it connected via LAN or WLAN? I had the Tube in the past - and it had problems with video files that went beyond 15 MB/s bitrate. It ran better after the update from Nvidia, but I had upgraded to the Pro anyway. The Nvidia Shield TV 2019 Pro is sold here on EbayKleinanzeigen between 90 and 120 euros.

It's a Shield Pro 2019 connected via Wifi but as stated above it's not due to bandwith as I can play files with way higher bitrate without issues.
Also, to sort bandwith out I even started the playback and paused it for a bit to let it buffer but the result is the same unfortunately.

Teddyknuddel
1 minute ago, neik said:

It's a Shield Pro 2019 connected via Wifi but as stated above it's not due to bandwith as I can play files with way higher bitrate without issues.
Also, to sort bandwith out I even started the playback and paused it for a bit to let it buffer but the result is the same unfortunately.

And ever tested with a long LAN cable? I have here although also some repeaters in use, but with WLAN there are still always problems. Since then only a restart of the router helps. Otherwise I am not a friend of WLAN, it is simply unreliable. That's why I have installed a CAT7 network cable in every room during the house renovation.