ComSkipper ... A Emby Plugin that skips commercials

BillOatman

vdrover
1 hour ago, muppet4k said:

@BillOatman@vdrover

Is it possible to have more then one watch folder?

i don't want to give access to all my library in emby 🙂

This isn’t really the place for discussing the post recording image as it’s unrelated to comskipper. 

I would try here: https://github.com/chacawaca/docker-post-recording/issues/21

or wait for a reply to your existing comment here: 

chacawaca

@muppet4kits not that i dont want to do it, i just dont have time to do it. You can actually scan recording folder and do sub folder for movies and series.

\recording\series

\recording\movies

• Thanks 1

vdrover

I just had had an idea for a work around: if you're using docker, you can run multiple containers and point each at a different watch folder, yes?

Edited by vdrover
  • Thanks 1

vdrover

@muppet4kAssuming most of your media folder will never see a .TS file, i think you can safely specify the entire emby folder as your watch. That's what I do.

muppet4k

Maybe a good idea… comskip only looking for ts files… I will make a test tomorrow..

Are you using also a webhook with notifications? Maybe discord and notifiar ?

vdrover

This thread is about the post recording image, which only converts TS files, and generates EDL files. It’s not related to the comskip plugin for Emby (which only reads EDL files and skips video playback). 

I don’t want nor need notifications for post recording processing. The jobs are done when they are done. I don’t monitor it. 

Edited by vdrover
  • Like 1

muppet4k

What does the processing depend on?

I have the following NAS:

CPU-Modell AMD Ryzen R1600
  CPU-Anzahl 1
  CPU-Architektur 64-bit
  CPU-Frequenz 2-core 2.6 (Basis) / 3.1 (Turbo) GHz

With 32MB RAM.

Any more options to speed up the processing ?

roaku
6 minutes ago, muppet4k said:

What does the processing depend on?

I have the following NAS:

CPU-Modell AMD Ryzen R1600
  CPU-Anzahl 1
  CPU-Architektur 64-bit
  CPU-Frequenz 2-core 2.6 (Basis) / 3.1 (Turbo) GHz

With 32MB RAM.

Any more options to speed up the processing ?

This plugin doesn't do the processing you're asking about.

carpediem
On 3/2/2024 at 3:53 PM, vdrover said:
  • Apple TV 4K (2nd generation, A2169)
    • tvOS 17.3
    • Emby Client 1.8.3 (1)
      • Settings > Playback > Preferred Video Player > MPV  
  • Ubuntu 23.10
    • Docker Engine Community v25.0.3
    • Docker Compose v2.24.6
      • Emby 4.8.3.0
        • Com Skipper 2.1.0.0
          • Settings attached.

Plugins2024-03-02at9_52_52AM.jpg.bb11f865ae4944917023ea73387e9df1.jpg

Thanks for sharing your specs and settings. They were more or less identical to mine so that led me down the path of finding what else could be the issue. I have found the culprit; it is my soundbar. Despite handling HDMI pass-through without any issues for the most part, it is not relaying Comskipper messages. While troubleshooting this, I discovered that I cannot receive any messages sent from the Emby server dashboard either. I'm not quite sure what the fix is here, short of bypassing the soundbar entirely. I'll mull it over but will be glad for any ideas or suggestions.

Edited by carpediem

carpediem

Correction here, it ended up not being the soundbar at all. Despite all settings, software and OS versions being identical on 2 Apple TV devices, Comskipper worked on one but not the other. In the end, I performed a hard reset of the the device that was not working. After reinstalling and configuring Emby, Comskipper works! Thanks again for your help.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
wtploiqbn

@BillOatmanI am using Emby to record some TV shows and also using MCEBuddy afterwards to remove the ads using Comskip at the moment. Is it possible with Emby + Comskipper plugin to skip the ads when I am recording with Emby?

Or does the Comskipper plugin work only for playback the videos without commercials?

I am trying to make my process streamlined a bit and was wondering if I can record with Emby straight up skipping the commercials : )

Thank you!

BillOatman
2 hours ago, wtploiqbn said:

@BillOatmanI am using Emby to record some TV shows and also using MCEBuddy afterwards to remove the ads using Comskip at the moment. Is it possible with Emby + Comskipper plugin to skip the ads when I am recording with Emby?

Or does the Comskipper plugin work only for playback the videos without commercials?

I am trying to make my process streamlined a bit and was wondering if I can record with Emby straight up skipping the commercials : )

Thank you!

No.  ComSkipper skips past the detected commercials on playback.  That way if comskip makes a mistake the show is still in tact and can be watched manually.

wtploiqbn
17 hours ago, BillOatman said:

No.  ComSkipper skips past the detected commercials on playback.  That way if comskip makes a mistake the show is still in tact and can be watched manually.

thx a lot for the clarification, appreciated!

Bridjee

Sorry if this has been covered already, but is there an install and configuration guide for Synology DSM 7.2 and Emby version > 4.8?

BillOatman
13 hours ago, Bridjee said:

Sorry if this has been covered already, but is there an install and configuration guide for Synology DSM 7.2 and Emby version > 4.8?

For Synology I do not believe so.  But someone might be able to help if you post specific questions.  I build the plugin piece for release Emby, not betas.  The binary *may* work as-is, or you can build it for the beta since it is open source.

Bridjee
2 hours ago, BillOatman said:

For Synology I do not believe so.  But someone might be able to help if you post specific questions.  I build the plugin piece for release Emby, not betas.  The binary *may* work as-is, or you can build it for the beta since it is open source.

Thanks Bill will have a crack at it, and share instructions if I can.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
jkdebuhr

I had to move my Server from TrueNAS Core to a MAC machine.. I have the DLL in the plugins folder, I see it int he Emby Server plugins sections, but it does not seem to work? I have a recorded file with the matching EDL, what else is needed to get it to detect and skip the commercials?

BillOatman
On 4/11/2024 at 11:05 PM, jkdebuhr said:

I had to move my Server from TrueNAS Core to a MAC machine.. I have the DLL in the plugins folder, I see it int he Emby Server plugins sections, but it does not seem to work? I have a recorded file with the matching EDL, what else is needed to get it to detect and skip the commercials?

Turn on debug logging and play it, you should see what's wrong. If not, post it and I will have a look.

jkdebuhr
7 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Turn on debug logging and play it, you should see what's wrong. If not, post it and I will have a look.

Maybe paths are Case sensitive?

I have this in emby : smb://192.168.72.135/recordings/Channels/TV/ but should be smb://192.168.72.135/Recordings/Channels/TV/

However Recording shows.. I fixed the casea nd will try again