ComSkipper ... A Emby Plugin that skips commercials

BillOatman

muppet4k
3 hours ago, vdrover said:

My original post was not docker, but i now use docker. In your case, the DLL goes in the emby/plugins folder.

Which Emby Package are you using in your docker?

Because I have the Problem to have no bash there , and also apt-get not working

I am using the official emby/embyserver package but no apt-get or bash included

vdrover
7 minutes ago, muppet4k said:

Which Emby Package are you using in your docker?

Because I have the Problem to have no bash there , and also apt-get not working

I am using the official emby/embyserver package but no apt-get or bash included

What is the 'config volume' parameters of your emby container?

For example, here's mine:

volumes:
      - home/appdata/emby:/config

So my plugins folder is `home/appdata/emby/plugins`. I can just copy the file using the local terminal, or the built in file manager. I don't need to worry about apt-get nor bash inside the emby container. 

muppet4k
36 minutes ago, vdrover said:

What is the 'config volume' parameters of your emby container?

For example, here's mine:

volumes:
      - home/appdata/emby:/config

So my plugins folder is `home/appdata/emby/plugins`. I can just copy the file using the local terminal, or the built in file manager. I don't need to worry about apt-get nor bash inside the emby container. 

I think I need a bash to install these commands:

$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install ffmpeg libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev autoconf automake git libargtable2-dev libtool $ git clone git://github.com/erikkaashoek/Comskip $ cd Comskip $ ./autogen.sh $ ./configure $ make $ sudo make install

In my Docker setup with the official file I have no bash so I installed it right now with the community package....

https://synocommunity.com/package/comskip

But I think its an old Version...

But when I log in over my terminal ssh on my Mac I can use the command: Comskip and its working but not from the emby docker

Bildschirmfoto2024-02-06um23_16_41.thumb.png.42a1190a5c749a4e2277dfc7d792642d.png

So how did you installed the emby Server? Or where did you installed your codes above ?

Edited by muppet4k

BillOatman
4 hours ago, JanLenoch said:

Hey @BillOatman, I just deployed the 2.1 version and found that the plugin fails to skip commercials. I found that ServerEntryPoint.PlaybackProgress() throws NREs. I set up remote debugging on my box and revealed the NREs happen when getting a control session. First, the code determines that the session found in event args doesn't support remote control. Then, when looking for suitable sessions through SessionManager, the NREs get thrown since you don't use a null-coalescing "?" operator after FirstOrDefault().

When trying to dig deeper, I found that it probably boils down to Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.WebSocketManager.SupportsMediaControl returning false due to GetActiveSockets() failing to find anything.

I have a pretty vanilla 4.8 installation. I didn't do any tweaks beyond what an admin can alter in the admin area. Do you have any ideas what might have gone wrong?

CC @Luke

Thanks!

Thanks for letting me know about the null issue.

It is my understanding that Emby clients some devices simply do not support remote control.  What device are you using? And is it running the more recent Emby client?

BillOatman
12 minutes ago, vdrover said:

@BillOatmanDid you make a new release today with the same version # as yesterday?

Yes, same binary I just added a PDF :)

• Like 1

JanLenoch
2 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Thanks for letting me know about the null issue.

It is my understanding that Emby clients some devices simply do not support remote control.  What device are you using? And is it running the more recent Emby client?

Thanks for a prompt reply! I see, so that's the purpose of the ClientCapabilities class. I wasn't using any other client than my browser (Edge). After installing a Theater client it started working.

Problem solved. :)

Thank you @BillOatman!

BillOatman
1 hour ago, JanLenoch said:

Thanks for a prompt reply! I see, so that's the purpose of the ClientCapabilities class. I wasn't using any other client than my browser (Edge). After installing a Theater client it started working.

Problem solved. :)

Thank you @BillOatman!

All Emby clients are not created equal. ClientCapabilities  just tells you what each is capable of. Not sure why installing theater would impact that, but glad it's working :)

• Like 1

vdrover
13 hours ago, muppet4k said:

How did install the comskip ?  Did you install it on ubuntu and your docker where emby can access to comskip ?

I actually don't use the triggers in Emby for anything. I use this wonderful image that "watches" my libraries for .TS files, then converts them to MKV and generates the EDL files. 

Once the EDL files are available, the comskip plugin that @BillOatmanmade works just fine. 

muppet4k
17 minutes ago, vdrover said:

I actually don't use the triggers in Emby for anything. I use this wonderful image that "watches" my libraries for .TS files, then converts them to MKV and generates the EDL files. 

Once the EDL files are available, the comskip plugin that @BillOatmanmade works just fine. 

I will look later through it 🙂

So problem is that I am dependent from the syno community with com skip, because In my docker I can't install nothing with apt-get

muppet4k
 #                                                                              
/ # ls -la /comskip                                                              
total 304                                                                        
drwxr-xr-x    1 257247   207066          14 Mar 29  2023 .                       
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           194 Feb  7 14:33 ..                      
-rwxr-xr-x    1 257247   207066      309176 Mar 29  2023 comskip   

vdrover
2 minutes ago, muppet4k said:

So problem is that I am dependent from the syno community with com skip, because In my docker I can't install nothing with apt-get

I don 't know why you need apt-get. Can't you Use the docker container manager to add https://github.com/chacawaca/docker-post-recording? It includes comskip and the other post-processing utilities.

Edited by vdrover

muppet4k
18 minutes ago, vdrover said:

I don 't know why you need apt-get. Can't you Use the docker container manager to add https://github.com/chacawaca/docker-post-recording? It includes comskip and the other post-processing utilities.

Ok I thought you installed it seperate like you step by step guide in post page 7 😉

I try it with the docker image 😉

richt
2 hours ago, vdrover said:

Thanks for this.  I had been testing Emby in Docker, but hadn't yet found a good way to manage comskip.  I'm checking it out.

• Like 1

vdrover
18 minutes ago, richt said:

Thanks for this.  I had been testing Emby in Docker, but hadn't yet found a good way to manage comskip.  I'm checking it out.

It’s pretty amazing. 

muppet4k
1 hour ago, richt said:

So I am not alone with that 🙂

muppet4k
21 hours ago, vdrover said:

so i installed it but I have some permission problems...

Which permissions need the folder?

Or must I setup something in the docker settings ?

Bildschirmfoto2024-02-08um12_36_00.thumb.png.9550bef0c26faa2a71f92b7d638c8207.pngBildschirmfoto2024-02-08um12_35_51.thumb.png.4aa7a205b62d8b01ac504b39c447a64e.png

vdrover
45 minutes ago, muppet4k said:

so i installed it but I have some permission problems...

Which permissions need the folder?

Or must I setup something in the docker settings ?

I would put these questions here.

jsmith100

I successfully setup comskip and the emby_preprocessing.sh, with successful tests (Thank you for the well written instructions). The problem that i have now is that I can't get comskip to kickoff when I start a recording or once a recording has completed. I have the plugin installed, and as I said, it all works if I run it from the command line (Ubuntu config btw)... I am running Emby in docker, but I'm not sure that is the issue. I believe the issue may be with the PATH information, but again not 100% sure. I looked in the emby logs and didn't see anything to point me to a place to start troubleshooting. 

Another note and why I think it may be a PATH problem.. When I record a show, let's say yellowstone, the directory structure is this:

X:/tvshows/yellowstone/yellowstone.ts.

My preference is to just have all the tvshows record to the main tvshows directory, but Emby is automatically creating a directory for the shows. I went to the livetv xml and subdirectories is set to fals...I tested setting it to true to see what happens and all it does is create the following structure:

X:/tvshows/series/yellowstone/yellowstone.ts

If someone can point me into the right place, that would be awesome! Thanks in advance for your time.

Post processing Application:

/usr/bin/comskip

Post-processor command line arguments:

-ini=/etc/comskip.ini "{path}"embyserver.txt

fireplex

For those running emby as a docker under unRAID, I got comskip processing by using another docker called unmanic available from unRAID apps section.

Would love to have an option for a popup asking if you want to skip the advert or not (rather than forcing it), no sure it that would be possible with the plugin?

vdrover
8 minutes ago, fireplex said:

Would love to have an option for a popup asking if you want to skip the advert or not (rather than forcing it), no sure it that would be possible with the plugin?

Does unmanic create EDL files? If so, it should work with this plugin.