Unable to select another audio track

notfreebeer

SamES

Can you please also attach the server log?

@Luke, I expected these to use fMP4 segments, but they still appear to be ts. Did I miss something in my changes?

1 hour ago, SamES said:

Can you please also attach the server log?

@Luke, I expected these to use fMP4 segments, but they still appear to be ts. Did I miss something in my changes?

It requires the 4.7 server.

SamES
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It requires the 4.7 server.

Of course!

@teicangare you able to update to the latest stable server release and repeat these tests and confirm they are still good. Let me know if you’re not able to update to the latest stable. 

teicang

Hi Sam, for server log I can take it friday , I'm now out of my house and I cannot running again the movies ,(I don't remeber what I saw last time so if I download now the server log could not  be  aligned with the movies with the problem).

Actually I have the 4.6.7.0 ver but the system say this is the last version. SO if I need to update I have to update it manually, I also checked from NAS terramaster point of view but there isn't yet any update. Do you validate the 4.7 ver also towards terramster NAS?

\Gianni

image.png.fa8373bbc44479bd00741696a1f9e0a7.png

image.png.1b7bb2dad0ae76f6dc98501b3cdf2c27.png

Edited by teicang

FrostByte

I know with Synology it can take some time for an update to get into the store while they do their own testing.  Sometimes it takes them 2 - 3 weeks which is why I always manually update.

• Like 1

teicang
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I know with Synology it can take some time for an update to get into the store while they do their own testing.  Sometimes it takes them 2 - 3 weeks which is why I always manually update.

For manual update witch version of emmby server : 64-Bit or ARMv8 , could l Ioad for a NAS model F2-220 ???

Because from the NAS spec I read CPU ARM V8 64-bit , so the two version together 😞  so both are ok?

FrostByte
49 minutes ago, teicang said:

For manual update witch version of emmby server : 64-Bit or ARMv8 , could l Ioad for a NAS model F2-220 ???

Because from the NAS spec I read CPU ARM V8 64-bit , so the two version together 😞  so both are ok?

They're both 64-bit cpus, but the download labeled 64-bit is for Intel cpus

Confusing :)

The F2-220 websites I found all say it has an Intel processor, which would be the 64-bit download.  Are there more then one version of the F2-220? 

However, I don't believe it will let you install the wrong one.

teicang
5 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

They're both 64-bit cpus, but the download labeled 64-bit is for Intel cpus

Confusing :)

The F2-220 websites I found all say it has an Intel processor, which would be the 64-bit download.  Are there more then one version of the F2-220? 

However, I don't believe it will let you install the wrong one.

No exist one oly model F2-220 , I have also another one more "strong" but the model F2-422  🙂

teicang
11 hours ago, SamES said:

Of course!

@teicangare you able to update to the latest stable server release and repeat these tests and confirm they are still good. Let me know if you’re not able to update to the latest stable. 

@SamES do you need the server log however, if I try to update the server to 4.7 I'm not be able anymore to get the server log  in 4.6

let me know 🙂

@Luke  @frostbiteTO update manually the server, have I stop the server and without remove it start the update or have I need also to remove the old one?

• Like 1

FrostByte

Shutdown Emby server, then install.  It should upgrade your previous version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SamES
36 minutes ago, teicang said:

do you need the server log however, if I try to update the server to 4.7 I'm not be able anymore to get the server log  in 4.6

let me know

No need for old server log.  We can check again with 4.7.  Thanks

teicang
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Shutdown Emby server, then install.  It should upgrade your previous version

Server updated from remote , unfortunatelly to test it  I have to stay in front on my wonderfull TV 🙂 , so on friday I'll be able to make the test 😉

thxxx to all , great team :-))))

image.png.cfdddeed25fa12a5f611338ea75dc863.png

• Like 2

teicang

Hi Sam, i start to makemsome test but i'm getting some problem.

The 4k movies now all transcode , my nas CPU goes to 100% and is not possible to see it.

I tested more 5he one movies that before worked fine.

ffmpeg-transcode-98583ce3-c06b-42c3-826e-c974fba42b08_1.txt embyserver-2.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9778ec74-6a01-415a-afbe-1f60b9ded7c1_1.txt embyserver-1.txt

20220623_223515.jpg

20220623_223919.jpg

Edited by teicang

SamES

Thanks, I'll take a look at it to see what might be the issue.

teicang
4 hours ago, SamES said:

Thanks, I'll take a look at it to see what might be the issue.

Hi Sam, I hope you will find a sot of fix also in the new server release because I tryed to downgrade loading back the 4.6 version (I also tryed to unistall it before,) but I failed , after the istallation, server start but after few second goes in stop 😞 . I suppose when I put the new 4.7 release that has changed something and now is anymore possible to change back. I suppose to make that I need to delete all the file present in the NAS but in this way I wil lloose all my customization 😞

SamES

Yeah, going back, especially from a major release (4.7 -> 4.6) would not be advisable.  If we need to go back then I can revert something in the client that will stop the transcoding but will still give you have the same experience you had when it was working with 4.6. 

Can you give me a day or two to check something?

In the meantime you can probably find the 4.6 portable version and setup a temporary server with it if your desperate to get something working, or manually switch the tracks so that the audio track is the primary and it directPlays

teicang
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Can you give me a day or two to check something?

yes sure my friend 🙂 good night

teicang

Hi Sam$Frost, could you confirm me that also if I select the First audio track but this is in DTS the system transcode it ?

I'm noticed this behaviour on movies before sure works ( for 4k movies I'm be able to see just with direct play , if trascoding my CPU goes to 100% and movies blocked ).

Thx

FrostByte
1 hour ago, teicang said:

Hi Sam$Frost, could you confirm me that also if I select the First audio track but this is in DTS the system transcode it ?

I'm noticed this behaviour on movies before sure works ( for 4k movies I'm be able to see just with direct play , if trascoding my CPU goes to 100% and movies blocked ).

Thx

Yes, Samsung dropped DTS support on all TVs in 2018.  If you check the back of your user's manual you should see a table with all the audio types supported.  If you do try and play DTS Emby will then convert the DTS to AC3 and remux your file.  You should always pre-select an audio format which is compatible so you don't have to remux.  Conversion is there when needed.

For best results though getting something like a Shield Pro and plugging it into the HDMI input port of a soundbar would be best.  Then you wouldn't be limited by the audio formats of what your TV supports.

• Like 1

SamES
1 hour ago, teicang said:

Thx

Yes, that is probably true.  Your TV doesn't support DTS, so it needs to convert the audio.  However, due to the recent change, DirectStream is probably failing, so it then transcodes.

I think for now I'll revert one change which will make it work like it did just before you did the server upgrade.

• Like 2

SamES
On 16/06/2022 at 21:33, SamES said:

Thanks for trying the firmware update.  It's good to see that Samsung are still releasing these for your model, so with some hope they may fix this issue one day.

Response today from Samsung:

The sample app you provided was checked by higher ranked engineers. The issue is fixed with a patch containing may bugfixes that it's going to be evetually released as an update on the TVs.
At this moment we are still trying to inquiry when this update will be available.

and now we wait...

Please let me know if you see new firmware updates for your TV, then we will have to work out how to test this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1