Unable to select another audio track

notfreebeer

teicang

Hi Sam, I have done again all procedure, scratch the usb and download again the 2 file luke posted, the result is the same, and look again the stats the AI value as for my posted picture are different ;-(
do you have a way to check if the file posted is correct? the size of zip file on pc is 20331 Kb ,

I checked the previous version was 20330 Kb so I suppose the file is correct 😉

ciao

\Gianni

Leave it with me for the moment, I’ll try and check the as well.  Now that I can see the problem I can try and fake this on my TV to check it.  As long as it isn’t breaking anything we’ll leave it in the for the next release. 

@Lukecan you just confirm that the last change is definitely merged into that latest USB build?  Thanks

Can you wait a few hours, then try again?   If it still doesn't load then please report back.

Edited by SamES

22 hours ago, teicang said:

Hi tested again just now but same error. Impossible to load the app.

Bye

That's fine.  I could force the the video stream to the end of the list and confirmed that this does cause the problem that has reported.  The fix I added does resolve it so please check this issue again when Luke creates the next 'official' USB Beta Release 

Can you please check if this is still a problem when the next USB release is published?  This should be in the next week or two.  Thanks

• Like 1

teicang

Ok Sam,i will test immediately after a release 🙂

Luke if you want I test before the official release is posted  write me direcltly and I will test and give you feedback and scrrenshot if needed .

many thx Sam&Luke for your continuous support and help 🙂

Regards

Gianni

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

teicang

Done , loaded but unfortunately also changing the audio track the languagge remains in English:-(

Now the Ai valie seems correct also if the audio not change 😞

Regards

Gianni

16460850739073878242819900970489.jpg

Can you please check a few more samples?  Just try switching between audio tracks a few times and see if anything changes. 

No need to send pictures, unless you see an error in line 3, or something that seems odd.

Edited by SamES

teicang

Hi Sam, tested several movies, no error message in line 3, but no audio change take effects,  I discovered a lot of other movies with this problem,  I before not noticed because they play with Italian language so I didn't need to try to swap in English,  now that I tried they remains in Italian so same problem.

Good night:-)

SamES
12 hours ago, teicang said:

Hi Sam, tested several movies, no error message in line 3, but no audio change take effects,  I discovered a lot of other movies with this problem,  I before not noticed because they play with Italian language so I didn't need to try to swap in English,  now that I tried they remains in Italian so same problem.

Good night:-)

Thanks, that's surprising, and a bit disappointing!

Let's get this out there in the next USB release to see if it resolves any problems, then we can check for other issues.

• Like 1

SamES

Last night I setup another dev machine and have been able to reproduce this in one of the simulators.  I can see that he last change we made is the right one, it now selects the correct tracks, but for some reason, the track does not change.

I'm going to try something tonight to see if I can work out what's going on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SamES
On 08/03/2022 at 18:46, Mikasway said:

Hi !

Any News ? :)

I believe this is firmware issue.

I have made a change last night that allows me to manually select a track number using the number pad keys on the remote control, then report back the actual track being played.  No matter what track number I select, it will only play the first track despite reporting that the track change was successful.

Before I raise a ticket with Samsung to review this, @Mikasway, @teicang can you please check for updates and confirm you are running the latest firmware version for your TV?  If you do an update, please test the latest USB version of the app again (released yesterday)

Can you please list your TV model number and firmware version as Samsung will want to confirm this when I raise a case?  Thanks

teicang

Hi SAm, I'm quite sure to running the tv with the latest update, but I will check and back to you tomorrow late night, Today I'm not in my house.

My tv is a new one bought just some months ago, model is  Samsung Series 8 TV QLED 4K 65” QE65Q80A Smart TV Wi-Fi

Many thx 🙂

\Gianni

teicang
On 3/9/2022 at 2:52 PM, teicang said:

Thx tomorrow I will check and back to you  🙂

Hi Sam just checked, I confirm that my TV has a 1904 sw loaded

Bye

Gianni

• Thanks 1

SamES

Can you please confirm one more thing for me, does subtitle track switching work? For this you will need to test a file that has internal subs (but not PGS subs) or play a file with DTS and external srt subs will also work. 

You will need a file with more than one subtitle track to confirm that both are selectable.