Unable to select another audio track

notfreebeer

SamES
32 minutes ago, teicang said:

Hi Sam,i just tested one movies with Italian and English sub,the switch seems works, the audio no

Thanks.  Did this video have a DTS track?  If not, it will be directplaying and we handle the sub tracks differently, so they should play fine.  If it has a DTS track it will force it to DirectStream, and this will the include the tracks in the manifest which I expect will then cause the same problem as the audio tracks.  This is why I suggest testing with a file with a DTS track if you have one.

SamES
2 hours ago, teicang said:

Here the stat

If subtitles can be selected from that test and they work, then that is perfect.  Thanks for confirming.  I've raised the audio switching issue with Samsung, let's see what they say.

• Like 1

Mikasway

Hi !

The issue remains unresolved...😪

I habve the last Firmware AND the new version v1.2.4 

Edited by Mikasway

SamES
5 hours ago, Mikasway said:

Hi !

The issue remains unresolved...😪

I habve the last Firmware AND the new version v1.2.4 

Thanks, I've raised a case with Samsung, waiting for their reply.  I can reproduce this and can clearly see that their function to change tracks isn't working on this model

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
teicang
On 3/14/2022 at 9:36 PM, SamES said:

Thanks, I've raised a case with Samsung, waiting for their reply.  I can reproduce this and can clearly see that their function to change tracks isn't working on this model

Hi Sam, how are you, have you had any news from samsung?

many thx

\Gianni

SamES
8 hours ago, teicang said:

Hi Sam, how are you, have you had any news from samsung?

many thx

\Gianni

Not yet, sometimes they can be a bit slow

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
SamES

They replied this week, they want us to write a demo app to prove it to them!  I'll try and adapt one of their sample apps

• Like 2

teicang

Good Sam, if you need I perform any  test and send back the result don't esitate to contact me 🙂

waiting your news 🙂

Gianni

• 2 weeks later...
SamES

Sorry, I've been away.  I'm back now, so I'll try this week.  I have a feeling that I already modified one of their demo apps to test this a while ago

SamES

I submitted a sample app to Samsung last night based on their own demo player.  I already had this ready to go as I used it previously for an independent test to prove that it wasn't our app.  It works fine on the model/year prior to yours, but not on your model.

Let's see what they say.  It can take some time for them to come back on questions.

• Thanks 1

SamES

Quick update, Samsung can reproduce the issue, they are now escalating it internally to find out why this is occurring.  Stay tuned....

• Like 1

FrostByte
15 minutes ago, SamES said:

Quick update, Samsung can reproduce the issue, they are now escalating it internally to find out why this is occurring.  Stay tuned....

I'm actually kind of surprised Samsung has moved as quickly as they did on this.  I expected it to take them 6 months minimum.  Thank you for doing this.  

• Like 1

teicang
23 minutes ago, SamES said:

Really great news 🙂  If they reproduced the issue is already a step forward 🙂

Many thx Sam, we wait other news 🙂

• Like 1

Yea I would say this is the exception to the rule. Usually they just say sorry it's a platform defect figure out your own workaround.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

SamES

Yes, I was a bit surprised both at the speed and response.  However, the sample I gave them was based on their demo player and it was very obvious when you test it on two different platforms.  Let's see what the response is from their engineers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
teicang

hi SAm , Any news? I have tens and tens of movies were I cannot select the languagge, and all the last I got have always as default audio  the wrong one 😞

thxxxx

\Gianni

SamES

No, not yet. I will follow up shortly with them. Now that they can reproduce it I hope they will fix it, but it may not be a quick process.