Plugin? Request AndroidTV Screen Saver App

Mibok

Mibok

I'm putting this in case anyone else wants to support this request. It is possible for someone to create an Screen Saver App compatible with Emby making the same function as the Screen Saver from Web App that shows Backdrops with the movie title on the corner but integrated at the OS level so instead of showing the landscapes from Chromecast we can show backdrop from our library and some photos.

Here is some nice to have features that i think will enhance the experience:

• Ability to limit rating of chosen backdrops.
  • Option to show some photo library images
  • Show some local trailers occasionally.
  • Move the text with the tittle of the movie/show to different corners every 2-3 backdrops (to avoid burn in).
  • Chose the color of the font with the tittle of the movie/show
  • Option to show clock

I've been looking on the Play store and the closest thing that i found is an app that connects to Kodi and some other that can show images of a local folder or google photos.

Mibok
37 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, couldn't we also just add these to our android tv app?

If possible that would be great. The request for an independent app was due in my use case most of the time the idle time is when someone let the screen on the AndroidTV main screen so is in those case when the screensaver pops up.

Doing at the Android level would be cool though because then it would cover all bases.  This would be an interesting project for someone who wants to dabble in Android and Emby API development.

• Like 2

crusher11

I just want a screen saver that doesn't stop playback. I've been caught too early/late in things to be able to resume them a couple of times.