Status on official LG app

jhs

Daicon
On 3/14/2021 at 10:20 PM, Luke said:

LG generally takes about 4-6 weeks to review (which is fine), however, they will fail submissions for the most minor of reasons - for example, imagine a minor defect that only occurs on one model year, that sort of thing. And other times they won't take the time to understand how things work and they'll fail the submission because they think something isn't working. On top of that they also have a policy that after a certain number of consecutive rejections, they will remove your app from the store altogether. So it's that threat that makes it a stressful and delicate process and it is the primary reason why there are sometimes gaps in updates. But I an assure, we are working on it.

And just out of curiosity, if possible:
-What is the maximum number of retries to send an APP?
and
-How many attempts have you made this year? :D

Edited by Daicon

• 2 weeks later...
unisoft
On 16/03/2021 at 15:20, Daicon said:

And just out of curiosity, if possible:
-What is the maximum number of retries to send an APP?
and
-How many attempts have you made this year? :D

OVER a year now since last LG update. Hope this update has been worth waiting forย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Daicon
25 minutes ago, SamES said:

No, tan pronto como LG lo libere

Ahhhhh,

But I didn't know it had already been sent.

ย 

How many days ago?

ย 

Great.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
ASMITH84

Dear Luke and Emby developer Team!

I have 2 LG tv. I really like EMBY, I'm a premium subscriber approx.1 year ago. My Emby service is running on my Synology Nas. If you update a new version for my Synology Server, I will update immediately to the new version. Currently, 4.5.4.0 runs on the server.

Unfortunately, LG emby official app has long been updated. Is this slowness due to LG?ย Why does the LG update is so slowly? You can not accelerate anywhere outside or differently? Somehow to get out of LG?ย I really miss Show Intro Skip Option Function, i really want to to use it on LG tv. Guys, Can we find something out to prepare this LG slowness mistake? I don't want to use other systems (example plex.) I love EMBY!

I look forward to hearing from You! Please find some way to solve this.

ย 

Thanks,

2 minutes ago, ASMITH84 said:

Dear Luke and Emby developer Team!

I have 2 LG tv. I really like EMBY, I'm a premium subscriber approx.1 year ago. My Emby service is running on my Synology Nas. If you update a new version for my Synology Server, I will update immediately to the new version. Currently, 4.5.4.0 runs on the server.

Unfortunately, LG emby official app has long been updated. Is this slowness due to LG?ย Why does the LG update is so slowly? You can not accelerate anywhere outside or differently? Somehow to get out of LG?ย I really miss Show Intro Skip Option Function, i really want to to use it on LG tv. Guys, Can we find something out to prepare this LG slowness mistake? I don't want to use other systems (example plex.) I love EMBY!

I look forward to hearing from You! Please find some way to solve this.

ย 

Thanks,

Hi, please see my comments on the previous page.

Regarding a skip intro feature, none of our apps currently have that, but it's something we're highly interested in for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

ASMITH84
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Regarding a skip intro feature, none of our apps currently have that, but it's something we're highly interested in for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Luke!

Thanks for thw fast answer! What is your opinion when can we use new version on LG? Can you make it faster somehow? (Pls, put the skip intro feature for the new version. :))

Thanks for your JOB!

neves000

Can we contact someone at LG to show that a lot of people are waiting for this update? Can this be useful?

Daicon
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Luke,

A few days ago you told me it was already under review by LG.
But how long are they going to take to launch it?
I don't understand anything....

How many days ago did you upload the version for review?
Or have they denied it again?

I've seen 2 hbo versions released since you said it was already in review.

๐Ÿ˜ž

Greetings and cheers

• Like 1

Ceten

Has anything changed on the app interface without pushing a new update (maybe css is loaded from emby server instead of being included in the app itself)?
It might be coincidence, but after updating my C7 to firmware 05.00.60 to try and fix another problem, I noticed most of the boxes now have rounded corners and the selected item has a huge green border around it. I can't remember seeing this before.
On the home screen for tv it is not active when selecting one of the items in the first column (highlighted serie, Shows, Favorites or Upcoming) however.
Are these rounded corners and huge border a bug or is it intended?
And if it is intended, can we disable it?
The enlarging of the selected item is clear enough I think, no border needed. ๐Ÿ™‚

TV Home Shows Selected.jpg

TV Shows.jpg

TV Home Episode Selected.jpg

SamES

Maybe the theme was changed?ย  Check the app settings on the client

Ceten
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Maybe the theme was changed?ย  Check the app settings on the client

Just checked to be sure but the theme is still set to 'Dark'. Also switched to other themes but the border occurs on all themes, although with a different colour of course.
Example is the Halloween theme.
Was this border always there and did I just never notice it before?
I can imagine not noticing the rounded corners from the couch but the border is quite thick.

IMG_20210420_141910.jpg

rbjtech

Last update was 14 Months ago ..ย  is there anything on the horizon for this LG client ?

I can't see this being just an LG issue - if app releases took 14 months to approve, they would be out of business ..ย  ย Many other apps have had multiple updates since the last emby update - so something is not right here ...ย ๐Ÿ˜ข

Emby Theatre for LG Smart TV
Stable: 1.0.24 (2020/02/24)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21348-emby-latest-versions/

ย 

Edited by rbjtech

Daicon
3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Last update was 14 Months ago ..ย  is there anything on the horizon for this LG client ?

I can't see this being just an LG issue - if app releases took 14 months to approve, they would be out of business ..ย  ย Many other apps have had multiple updates since the last emby update - so something is not right here ...ย ๐Ÿ˜ข

Emby Theatre for LG Smart TV
Stable: 1.0.24 (2020/02/24)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21348-emby-latest-versions/

ย 

ย 

ย 

The truth is that what is happening is no longer very normal.

You said months ago, it was in revision.....
Impossible for LG to take so long to review.

Have you been rejected again?
It would be nice to know if so.

ย 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Daicon said:

ย 

ย 

The truth is that what is happening is no longer very normal.

You said months ago, it was in revision.....
Impossible for LG to take so long to review.

Have you been rejected again?
It would be nice to know if so.

ย 

I dont know how the organizational structure is of the Emby team but it should be good to have a focus dev group for every platform.

From my experience if even a komma is not taken into account, companies can reject it with ease.

I agree that 14 months is ridiculous in terms of updates.

But... Emby is still amazing so keep up the good work guys!

• Like 1

Mortaelis

Just purchased a brand new 2021 LG TV and there is no Emby App available in the LG App Store, Iย have a 2019 LG TV and Emby is available in the LG App Store on that TV. When will Emby be available for 2021 LG TVs?

ASMITH84
On 4/28/2021 at 2:05 AM, SamES said:

It will be available whenย the next version is released

And when will it be released? Approximately?

Malmgren
On 4/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, Dwarf said:

I agree that 14 months is ridiculous in terms of updates.

+1 on that. There's still features that came to Emby a year ago that I'm missing out because I have an LG TV. Either there's support for a platform or there isn't, it's not sane that a supported platform is lagging this much!

• Like 1

Daicon
On 3/14/2021 at 10:20 PM, Luke said:

LG generally takes about 4-6 weeks to review (which is fine), however, they will fail submissions for the most minor of reasons - for example, imagine a minor defect that only occurs on one model year, that sort of thing. And other times they won't take the time to understand how things work and they'll fail the submission because they think something isn't working. On top of that they also have a policy that after a certain number of consecutive rejections, they will remove your app from the store altogether. So it's that threat that makes it a stressful and delicate process and it is the primary reason why there are sometimes gaps in updates. But I an assure, we are working on it.

ย 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:02 PM, SamES said:

No, as soon as LG release it

ย 

@SamES, @Luke

Sam,

1 month already since this last comment, and no news?
Honestly, I don't get it.
And I find it hard to believe that LG takes a month to release a version, (or even more from your comments), since you didn't specify when you sent the latest version, nor did you say so.

I feel a bit disappointed and frustrated. I don't get it.
Couldn't you be a bit more transparent?

You said LG was very tough on revisions, ok, I understand that.
But a year for a new version?

Multiple apps have been updated several times in this time in the LG store.
You have updated versions for other platforms and TVs countless times.

If a review gets cancelled, you could at least say so.
Some people are paying a premium subscription, just for the LG.... version, what less than a little more information.

Isn't there an LG forum where the community can lobby?

Regards

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 4

neves000

I agree, is it possible to have a clear timeline about this issue? What can we do to help? It's very frustrating...

smgsmagus
On 5/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, Malmgren said:

+1 on that. There's still features that came to Emby a year ago that I'm missing out because I have an LG TV. Either there's support for a platform or there isn't, it's not sane that a supported platform is lagging this much!

I wouldn't call LG as supported platform as I have 2021 model and app cannot be even downloaded.