OpenMediaVault

Luke

i can't show films with chrome . i must paid for use this feature ?

when i clic on play the film duration is 0:00

Hi, welcome. For media playback issues please see how to report a problem so that we can best help you. Thanks.

I have to say that i'm quite new to all of this... I build ffmpeg using this code, that i put together from different tutorials:

sudo apt-get update;
sudo apt-get -y -install autoconf automake build-essential libass-dev libfreetype6-dev libsdl1.2-dev libtheora-dev libtool libva-dev libvdpau-dev libvorbis-dev libxcb1-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-xfixes0-dev pkg-config texinfo zlib1g-dev libfaac-dev libmp3lame-dev libx264-dev yasm git autoconf automake build-essential libtool pkg-config texi2html

mkdir ~/ffmpeg_sources;
cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
wget http://download.videolan.org/pub/x264/snapshots/last_x264.tar.bz2;
tar xjvf last_x264.tar.bz2;
cd x264-snapshot*;
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" ./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --bindir="$HOME/bin" --enable-static;
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make;
make install;
make distclean;
sudo apt-get -y --force-yes install cmake mercurial;

cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265;
cd ~/ffmpeg_sources/x265/build/linux;
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" -DENABLE_SHARED:bool=off ../../source;
make;
make install;
make distclean;
cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
wget -O fdk-aac.tar.gz https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/tarball/master;
tar xzvf fdk-aac.tar.gz;
cd mstorsjo-fdk-aac*;
autoreconf -fiv;
./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --disable-shared;
make;
make install;
make distclean;
sudo apt-get -y --force-yes install nasm;

cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lame/lame/3.99/lame-3.99.5.tar.gz;
tar xzvf lame-3.99.5.tar.gz;
cd lame-3.99.5;
./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --enable-nasm --disable-shared;
make;
make install;
make distclean;

cd ~/ffmpeg_sources
wget http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
tar xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
cd ffmpeg
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig" ./configure \
  --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" \
  --pkg-config-flags="--static" \
  --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" \
  --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" \
  --bindir=/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/20150917 \
  --enable-gpl \
  --enable-libass \
  --enable-libfdk-aac \
  --enable-libfreetype \
  --enable-libmp3lame \
  --enable-libx264 \
  --enable-libx265 \
  --enable-nonfree
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make
make install

If i understand it correctly, i can't upload the compiled version because of some licensing issues? 

@@mrwicket

you should know, that the banana pi isn't capable of transcoding media. Only direct stream should work without any problems.

You can check the "transcoding-log" under Support/Logs to see if ffmpeg is working correctly. 

I have OMV installed on RPI2 and emby 2.5 plugin. Not able to play any media saw this error in the log file "/media/159AC19C69227244/emby/ffmpeg/20150917/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-xfixes.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

I am trying to follow these instructions to build ffmpeg. but keep getting this error while installing in second step.

"E: Unable to locate package libfaac-dev"

Please help. Thanks,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to complete the above script for ffmpeg install and compile. 

But still emby won't play anything in browser/chromecast. So I had to reinstall my OMV to clean out everything. Was planning on trying the emby plugin once more.

Just checking if the emby plugin will now automatically download the ffmpeg for RPI2 or we still have to use the same manual script method mentioned above by Pampelschuster. 

Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
andstein85

I'm about to build my first OMV server and plan to eventually use this to replace my Windows based emby server but I'm very new to OMV.

I want the latest the Emby plugin for OMV has to offer so do you recommend using OMV3.x(Still Beta) or OMV2.x?

anderbytes

I'm about to build my first OMV server and plan to eventually use this to replace my Windows based emby server but I'm very new to OMV.

I want the latest the Emby plugin for OMV has to offer so do you recommend using OMV3.x(Still Beta) or OMV2.x?

The OMV version doesn't matter, at the end.

The Emby Plugin only installs Emby and creates some shortcuts....that's all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
owejak

Recently I have had massive issues with emby, all my devices are having issues. Fire tv is the worst. Everything is playing back in extremely low quality, low bitrate and the resolution must be around 240p. Everything else just refuses. Chromecast plays 1 minute properly then gives up, emby theatre for windows just refuses and the html5 player in chrome is the only one that will work.Am running the latest version (stable) of emby and the latest (stable) version of OMV. The issues exist on transcoded and non-transcoded streams although there are more issues with transcoded streams.  I have attached the latest server log. server-63603477033.txt

Recently I have had massive issues with emby, all my devices are having issues. Fire tv is the worst. Everything is playing back in extremely low quality, low bitrate and the resolution must be around 240p. Everything else just refuses. Chromecast plays 1 minute properly then gives up, emby theatre for windows just refuses and the html5 player in chrome is the only one that will work.Am running the latest version (stable) of emby and the latest (stable) version of OMV. The issues exist on transcoded and non-transcoded streams although there are more issues with transcoded streams.  I have attached the latest server log. attachicon.gifserver-63603477033.txt

Hi. we have seen some issues with mono 4.4. I would consider going back to 4.2.3.4.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, emby uses 5-10% of cpu while doing nothing in omv. I'm using the latest Version. How can I solve this?

Hi, welcome. Please recreate the issue, and then see how to report a problem. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
godfuture

Hey guys,

what is the state of the emby plugin? On the OMV 3.x plugin page, it seems omv-emby is dead...

openmediavault-emby Latest version: N/A Repo: erasmus-monotesting Maintainer: openmediavault-plugin-developers Description:THIS PLUGIN IS NOT IN AVAILABLE IN THE REPO AND PROBABLY HAS NOT BEEN PORTED OR IS IN THE TESTING (OR ANOTHER) REPO ONLY. Source: Bintray Reviews: Bintray

Is emby on recent omv releases (3.x) only installable with debian package manager? if yes, does someone have experience (besides missing ffmpeg)?

Background is that I have emby running on ubuntu (working fine), but I want to move to omv due to management capabilities.

Thanks a lot!

ellnic

I think the OMV plugin needs updating so it's not currently working on OMV 3 (someone please correct me if I am wrong). But there are 2 very easy work arounds for this.

1. You can install the shell in a box plugin and use the suse repo to get emby

or if you want more control,

2. Grab a net install ISO of Deb 8 then install OMV on top. It gives you all the features of OMV but with the full Debian desktop etc. From here you can just add the suse repo and install. This is my preferred method when working with emby and OMV.

If you want any pointers I can type up a how to.

Edited by ellnic

hoppel118

Yes, you are right, the emby plugin is still not ported to omv3.

In the following post at the omv forum I described the way to install emby at omv3 by command line:

https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/6033-openmediavault-emby-plugin-formerly-mediabrowser/?postID=125794#post125794

But it's also possible to install the omv docker plugin. There you find the emby docker image, which you can pull and configure.

I use emby with a docker container for month' and it works really flawless.

Greetings Hoppel

ellnic

I haven't used Docker, but I imagine hoppel118's suggestion is simpler and easier than mine. If you're after 'click and forget' then use Docker. If you're after 'poking around in the command line' use mine. :-)

Of course, you can always mix and match ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ellnic

hoppel118

I don't think it's easier to install the docker container. You also have to do some configurations. It's simply another way.

But with docker you will not have unmet dependencies anymore.

@@ellnic By the the way I described how to install emby server at omv by cli. Have a look at the link of my last post. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118
  • Like 1

BAlGaInTl

I'm using the docker version Emby on OMV.  Works fine.

It did take me a bit to figure out... but now I'm thinking of redoing my whole system using a generic debian install with dockers.

hoppel118

I'm using the docker version Emby on OMV. Works fine.

It did take me a bit to figure out... but now I'm thinking of redoing my whole system using a generic debian install with dockers.

May I ask why you are thinking about this? What is not ok for you with omv? Which version of omv do you use?

Greetings Hoppel

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

May I ask why you are thinking about this? What is not ok for you with omv? Which version of omv do you use?

Greetings Hoppel

Nothing is wrong with it.  I really enjoy OMV.  I'm using v 3.0.86 right now.  I never thought of using Docker until I wanted to use Emby.  I was running the Plex plugin on OMV.  

The only bad thing about OMV is that the plugin for Emby isn't up to date.  

:)

Edited by BAlGaInTl
  • Like 1

ellnic

I don't think it's easier to install the docker container. You also have to do some configurations. It's simply another way.

My mistake. Not having used Docker I assumed it would be a fairly easy point and click job.

But with docker you will not have unmet dependencies anymore.

I've never had unmet dependencies using the Suse Repo.

@@ellnic By the the way I described how to install emby server at omv by cli. Have a look at the link of my last post. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

:-) oh yes. This is my fresh install: Debian 8 with Xfce > OMV 3 to sources and install > what you wrote for Emby. All except ffmpeg. It didn't ask... checking the transcoding tab in emby shows that it uses ffmpeg at /var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg/20170308/ffmpeg so it must have been decided to bundle it. Better this way IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ellnic
  • Like 1

TrainAss

I've been running OMV for a couple of years now, upgraded to OMV3 from 2 at the end of June and have been very happy with it. I started with the Emby plugin and then a year ago switched to the docker container and it's been great. I can nuke my OMV box for whatever reason, reinstall and point Docker back to where everything was, and all my containers come back up; no configuring. It makes things so much easier than using the plugin.

However, since the end of June (before I did the OMV upgrade) I've been having an odd issue with my Docker. Whenever I reboot Emby from within the container, I can't get back in to Emby. I have to actually reboot the entire container. The Emby logs itself don't show anything out of the ordinary (that I noticed). A friend of mine is now having the same issue, he's still on OMV 2, both of us are in the Emby Server beta channel too.

That small issue aside, Docker I find is the way to go. Everything is neat, clean and easy.

• Like 1

hoppel118

A friend of mine is now having the same issue, he's still on OMV 2, both of us are in the Emby Server beta channel too.

I think I read somewhere that the docker plugin is not supported for omv2.

I don't have this restart issue with my emby docker container. But I am using the stable version. So maybe you can check, if it works in another emby container using the stable channel.

Greetings Hoppel