Films and TV Shows randomly keep being removed from Collections

morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Are these your own private collections?
Online it's listed as only being part of Captain Marvel Collection.

Yep custom made collections, which Emby is meant to support!!

However it seems to not like them and will always remove the media and either put them back in to the "Listed" collections or just as stand alone

OK so what happens now if you go the Captain Marvel and add it to a new playlist "Infinity Saga" and then add it again to a new playlist "MCU" ?

Does the NFO then show all 3 collections?

morpheus2n2
1 minute ago, cayars said:

OK so what happens now if you go the Captain Marvel and add it to a new playlist "Infinity Saga" and then add it again to a new playlist "MCU" ?

Does the NFO then show all 3 collections?

Yep, until the next auto scan

You're talking about library scan not meta-data refresh correct?

If library scan, is this reproducible?

morpheus2n2
1 minute ago, cayars said:

You're talking about library scan not meta-data refresh correct?

If library scan, is this reproducible?

I believe so yeah, its the scan that runs every 12 hours by default (not 100% what one that is labelled Scan media library)

Can you try creating the other 2 collections, verify all 3 are now in the NFO.

Then kick off a library scan from the Library Menu?

morpheus2n2
2 hours ago, cayars said:

Can you try creating the other 2 collections, verify all 3 are now in the NFO.

Then kick off a library scan from the Library Menu?

Yep did that and it will pull it out of my Custom collections, and has randomly coursed 4 new random collections for different films to be created even though I have deleted them in the past.

Edited by morpheus2n2

You're saying it removed the SET commands from the NFO and removed this movie from the collections?

morpheus2n2

I have a feeling either I have a single setting wrong somewhere or the collections option is not working as intended

morpheus2n2
Just now, morpheus2n2 said:

I have a feeling either I have a single setting wrong somewhere or the collections option is not working as intended

I think I was half right.

Just noticed this option that I have now disabled, but I still don't understand why I am only getting the one NFO File when I have been told there should be 2

Import collection information

When enabled, this will import collection information from your enabled metadata readers and downloaders. This may cause unwanted collections to be automatically created. Disabling will prevent future collections from being automatically created, but will not delete existing ones.

If you like I can do a remote session with you via AnyDesk and try to help you get this working.
Send me a PM if you would like to do this.

morpheus2n2
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you like I can do a remote session with you via AnyDesk and try to help you get this working.
Send me a PM if you would like to do this.

I will keep that in mind, I have turned off the "Import Collection information" so will see what happens with tonight scheduled scan :D

That would not be what I would do.  I would set things up slightly differently but let us know tomorrow how this works out for you.

morpheus2n2
42 minutes ago, cayars said:

That would not be what I would do.  I would set things up slightly differently but let us know tomorrow how this works out for you.

No worries :D

• Like 1

morpheus2n2

Yep, didn't work at all, load of my films have been removed from my collections yet again and the NFO's have been updated to reflect this.

Why is such a simple thing that I have zero problems with in Plex so much hard work on Emby?!

Captain Marvel (2019) Bluray-2160p HDR.nfo

Edited by morpheus2n2

We did a remote connection and I believe we have this solved.  Made a couple of changes and also removed the XML plugin which may have been causing an issue.

@morpheus2n2 will update us tomorrow after his nightly scan runs.

morpheus2n2

Ok, it still keeps removing random films from custom collections and it keeps creating collections even after I have deleted them aswel.

Edited by morpheus2n2

Yes it would likely keep importing new one as this option was turned on in the Library (import).  Try turning off the import collections.

morpheus2n2
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Yes it would likely keep importing new one as this option was turned on in the Library (import).  Try turning off the import collections.

Yep turned it back off.

Just cant work out why even after you help fix it Films keep getting randomly removed from collections

morpheus2n2

Yeah and your turned it back on, and when the scan kicked in last night it created a number of previously deleted collections and removed 3 random films from custom collections

50 minutes ago, morpheus2n2 said:

Yeah and your turned it back on, and when the scan kicked in last night it created a number of previously deleted collections and removed 3 random films from custom collections

Probably because it read information from your nfo files. Have you checked the contents of your movie nfo files?

morpheus2n2
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Probably because it read information from your nfo files. Have you checked the contents of your movie nfo files?

Yes, As been discussed her a few times now and verified by @cayars, the NFO's always seem to be right but Emby is overriding this at random no matter the settings used.

It appears not even log files are picking up what's going on