Films and TV Shows randomly keep being removed from Collections

morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2

I cant work this one out, I have been slowly sorting out my Collections and randomly I will fine a film or Show has "Left" the collection and I have to re-add it, EG MCU I had  this all set up and then 3 films have randomly been kick from the collection, I have re-added them but not sure if it will save or do it a gain.

Have I missed a step here?

Hi, are you using NFO files?
Have you done any meta-data refreshes?

morpheus2n2
Just now, cayars said:

Hi, are you using NFO files?
Have you done any meta-data refreshes?

Not a clue

no only its normal schedule scan.

Sorry, Im still new to Emby having been with Plex for years so trying to work out all its little kinks

Look at the configuration of your movie library for example and click on the advanced option up top.

You will see a reference or two of NFO files.  Are these enabled?

OK so what should be happening is any time you add a movie to a collection it should be making an adjustment to the NFO file found in your media library next to the movie.

You should see a SET line added that contains the collection name.

Can you verify you see this for one of your movies in a collection when you edit the NFO file in a text editor?

morpheus2n2

Ok, it doesn't seem to be working I can not find any NFO files at all, yet its turned on (have even enabled show hidden files) 

Does Emby have write access to your libraries?

If yes, please upload your latest server log to let us take a look.

morpheus2n2

Yeah it should do embyserver.txt :D

The Films I have just re-added if it helps are Black Widow, Captain Marvel.

And then in the last 20 Mins I have had to re add Ghost Rider to the Ghost Rider collection

Thanks for the log.  I'm seeing errors trying to read/update NFO files.

Can you check your media libraries and make sure the user running Emby has write privs?

morpheus2n2

Ahh ok, its on windows so Do I need to run it with admin, cos it add's the poster art to the folders just fine?

morpheus2n2

Ok I think I have fully broken my Emby install now :( 

I changed the service to log in as a user so that it had full access to UNC paths, and now it cant refresh metadata at all for anything

For right now, until we figure this out, don't run it as a service.  Just start it manually from the menu a user with access to all the media.

Let's see what happens then. If that works you know what username you can use for running it as a service.  But it sounds like it was fine previously if it could write the graphic to the media folder.

morpheus2n2

Ok, I think I fixed it lol.

I had thumbnails extraction turned on, and this seems to have been the issue as when I turned it off and refreshed the metadata for Black Widow it worked fine and added the NFO to the folder, I then added it to the collection and it added the lines into the NFO.

<set>
    <name>Marvel Cinematic Universe</name>
  </set>
  <set>
    <name>The Infinity Saga</name>
  </set>

But When I re-enable Thumbnail extraction Emby will not refresh any metadata or write NFO's into folders.

Edited by morpheus2n2

This should not have anything to do with thumbnail extraction.

morpheus2n2
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

This should not have anything to do with thumbnail extraction.

Nope it should yet that's what's coursing it, I suspect that what ever is coursing the thumb nails extraction to fail is hanging the Emby process so it is not moving on to the next task/job so is not actually ever finishing the metadata collection process.

So it looks like part of the chain is failing and coursing a cascade effect.

It might not be hanging but just processing.  BIF generation can take a while.  Try setting "Generate video preview thumbnails:" to run as a scheduled task so that way it runs each night vs during scan time.

See if that helps you.

morpheus2n2
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

It might not be hanging but just processing.  BIF generation can take a while.  Try setting "Generate video preview thumbnails:" to run as a scheduled task so that way it runs each night vs during scan time.

See if that helps you.

Oh no its defo failing 

2021-07-13 16:39:36.095 Error App: Error creating thumbnails for \\Plex\Films\DC & Marvel Films\Black Widow (2020)\Black Widow (2021) WEBRip-1080p.mp4
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.4.0
    Command line: C:\Users\morph\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/morph/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 6
    Data path: C:\Users\morph\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\morph\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.OperationCanceledException: System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
       at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
       at System.Threading.SemaphoreSlim.WaitUntilCountOrTimeoutAsync(TaskNode asyncWaiter, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.ImageExtraction.ImageExtractorBase.RunExtraction(String inputPath, ReadOnlyMemory`1 container, MediaStream videoStream, Nullable`1 protocol, Nullable`1 streamIndex, Nullable`1 threedFormat, Nullable`1 startOffset, Nullable`1 interval, String targetDirectory, String targetFilename, Nullable`1 maxWidth, Boolean enableThumbnailFilter, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.ThumbnailGenerator.CreateThumbnailSet(Video item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Int32 width, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.ThumbnailGenerator.CreateThumbnailSets(Video item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.ThumbnailGenerator.RefreshThumbnailImages(Video item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, List`1 chapters, Boolean extractImages, Boolean saveChapters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: Void ThrowOperationCanceledException()

OK so we need to figure out why but try what I mentioned anyway to see if the scan will progress.

Any progress on the scanning front before we try to see what's up with thumbnails?  Would rather try to solve one problem first. :)

morpheus2n2

Yeah scanning working fine now and NFO's seem to be getting added now, been testing random media between feeding kids lol

• Like 1

morpheus2n2

embyserver.txt@cayars Ok I thought it was working but it seems to still do it randomly, my Captain Marvel keeps removing itself and when I look at the log I see still.

2021-07-14 22:11:20.020 Error App: Error reading existng nfo
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\morph\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Runtime: C:/Users/morph/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 243, position 1.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.AddCustomTags(String path, List`1 xmlTagsUsed, XmlWriter writer, ILogger logger, IFileSystem fileSystem)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Stream stream, String xmlPath)
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

All the permissions are fine cos its adding art work just not the NFO files (again ignore the ffprode errors these are the corrupt files I am working through lol)

Just seems very odd to me that one file operation works fine but then another in the same location spits out a error

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, morpheus2n2 said:

embyserver.txt 3.59 MB · 0 downloads @cayars Ok I thought it was working but it seems to still do it randomly, my Captain Marvel keeps removing itself and when I look at the log I see still.

2021-07-14 22:11:20.020 Error App: Error reading existng nfo
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\morph\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 243, position 1.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.AddCustomTags(String path, List`1 xmlTagsUsed, XmlWriter writer, ILogger logger, IFileSystem fileSystem)
	   at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Stream stream, String xmlPath)
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

All the permissions are fine cos its adding art work just not the NFO files (again ignore the ffprode errors these are the corrupt files I am working through lol)

Just seems very odd to me that one file operation works fine but then another in the same location spits out a error

To me those three "Error App: Error reading existng nfo" errors suggest those are corrupt nfo files as they all have different error positions.

But figuring out the exact nfo file is another story.

morpheus2n2

Yeah, but when its not writing them to the folder to start with it seems odd.

What I am seeing is the Artwork gets added to the folder fine, then some media the NFO will be written and saved but others it will not (even though the art work has just been added to said folder) then it will show a read error of the non existent NFO lmao

So is it a temp location within emby that's gone bad?