Films and TV Shows randomly keep being removed from Collections

morpheus2n2

Have you tried opening any of these problem NFO files to see what they look like?

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, morpheus2n2 said:

Yeah, but when its not writing them to the folder to start with it seems odd.

What I am seeing is the Artwork gets added to the folder fine, then some media the NFO will be written and saved but others it will not (even though the art work has just been added to said folder) then it will show a read error of the non existent NFO lmao

So is it a temp location within emby that's gone bad?

May need to go over specific example with corresponding log for that example.  But yes if images can be written then nfo should be also.

But we would be guessing on the nfo error as we truly do not know what it is for. or at least I can not tell.  One appears during a collection deletion, another looks like a collection item and the last I can't really tell as it is processing a corrupt movie.

• Like 1

morpheus2n2
5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

May need to go over specific example with corresponding log for that example.  But yes if images can be written then nfo should be also.

But we would be guessing on the nfo error as we truly do not know what it is for. or at least I can not tell.  One appears during a collection deletion, another looks like a collection item and the last I can't really tell as it is processing a corrupt movie.

Ok, I have 3 films that this morning have been removed from collections.

What I will do today is clear the logs, restart server then turn debugging on and then procced to try and re-add said films, one by one and a few mins apart. Hopefully this will capture the info to help me :D 

morpheus2n2

Right, Heres the log file as I have just re-added 3 films to there collections, I also think I have worked it out and if I'm right its a part me and part Emby issue :)

The films I re-added where Captain Marvel, Howard the Duck and Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).

I have also attached a screen shot of one of the folders as well as the NFO.

The Issues I think it is, are films / shows that have 2 Media file versions in the same folder (1080p and 4k) as the NFO always seems to be for the 4k Versions and NOT the 1080p version, so I believe this is why they keep getting removed from collections as there's not the right NFO's in place, no amount of scanning or refreshing seems to create the NFO for the 1080p version.

2021-07-15.png

Captain Marvel (2019) Bluray-2160p HDR.nfo embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

The 2160p version should be in the Collections.

<set>
    <name>The Infinity Saga</name>
  </set>
  <set>
    <name>Marvel Cinematic Universe</name>
  </set>
  <set tmdbcolid="623911">
    <name>Captain Marvel Collection</name>
  </set>

But your naming scheme is not proper for automatic multi-versioning, are you using the plugin for multi-version grouping?  But either way there should be a nfo for each version.

morpheus2n2
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The 2160p version should be in the Collections.

<set>
    <name>The Infinity Saga</name>
  </set>
  <set>
    <name>Marvel Cinematic Universe</name>
  </set>
  <set tmdbcolid="623911">
    <name>Captain Marvel Collection</name>
  </set>

But your naming scheme is not proper for automatic multi-versioning, are you using the plugin for multi-version grouping?  But either way there should be a nfo for each version.

Yep thats right, I had to "Group" them first manually and then add them to the collection, didn't know I had to name them a particular way, or that theres a plug-in.

But yeah there defo only NFO's for the 2160p version I have been through all my films and shows with a 4k counter part and I can only see NFOs for teh 4k version and never the 1080p versions 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, morpheus2n2 said:

Yep thats right, I had to "Group" them first manually and then add them to the collection, didn't know I had to name them a particular way, or that theres a plug-in.

But yeah there defo only NFO's for the 2160p version I have been through all my films and shows with a 4k counter part and I can only see NFOs for teh 4k version and never the 1080p versions 

But Emby should have created a nfo for each item as it would have been two separate items in Emby that you had to manually group.  So something does not add up here.

For Emby auto group/multi-version

Multi-version movies

Multiple versions of the same content can be stored in a single movie folder.

/Movies
  /300 (2006)
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p.mkv
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p-trailer.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 4K.mkv
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 720p.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - extended edition.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - directors cut.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 3D.hsbs.mp4

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - ".

But the plugin will use providerid and merge them making structure and naming irrelevant.

morpheus2n2
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But Emby should have created a nfo for each item as it would have been two separate items in Emby that you had to manually group.  So something does not add up here.

Yep something's not right lmao,

I Could try to remove the media temporally, scan -> re-add 1080p -> scan -> check for NFO -> add 4k version -> Scan and check for NFO again -> pull logs ?

5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

For Emby auto group/multi-version

Ok so looking at that its just a " - "that's missing which can could have my entire library renamed with thanks to Sonarr/Radarr however being its such a minor detail and you said the naming was irrelevant in this instant.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, morpheus2n2 said:

I Could try to remove the media temporally, scan -> re-add 1080p -> scan -> check for NFO -> add 4k version -> Scan and check for NFO again -> pull logs ?

If adding two items that are not named to Emby grouping requirements then yes I would add one item at a time and verify two nfo files are created.

1 minute ago, morpheus2n2 said:

Ok so looking at that its just a " - "that's missing which can could have my entire library renamed with thanks to Sonarr/Radarr however being its such a minor detail and you said the naming was irrelevant in this instant.

Requiring the plugin unless you want to manually group item.

But who is make the nfo file, Emby or Sonarr/Radarr?  As this sounds like they are.

morpheus2n2
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But who is make the nfo file, Emby or Sonarr/Radarr?  As this sounds like they are.

Sonarr/Radarr are only set to add Artwork and for TV top level series NFO not per Film or per episode NFO's cos I heard that can course problems which funnily enough I seem to be having 🤣🤣🤣

Also just want to say a massive thank you for all this really appreciate it :D

2021-07-15 (1).png

2021-07-15 (2).png

Happy2Play

So if they are not making your nfo files, then we have to figure out why you are not getting a nfo per version.

image.png.817b7a330837b08e55f805f9fada0039.png

morpheus2n2

Ok think im getting somewhere, there's defo a strange issue with creating multiple NFO's at once.

If I do them separate it will create the NFO just fine, then when I add the never version again creation just fine.

However when add to a collection only the 2160p NFO is updated NOT the 1080p version!

If I add both files at once again only the 2160p version is created.

If I add the 1080p version, add to collection it will update the NFO Just fine, then when I add the 2160p version and add to collection again it will update the NFO just fine.

so while a pain its a workaround, I will try with a couple of other films later this evening when the Kids are in bed and report back :D

morpheus2n2

Sorry for the delay, No it didn't for some reason Emby will only create/keep an NFO for the highest quality version. When I use my workaround of adding the 1080p version first then the 2160p version later still only the highest quality versions NFO will be updated with any new information.

Let's make sure we're on the same page.  If you create multi-versions and add these to a collection you should see the movie only once in the collection like this:
image.thumb.png.372b54f9e8ba80af32d253a6f8f534db.png

Once you click on one of the movies you then get the choice of versions like this:
image.thumb.png.d01aba763793eaa2e709f58ba3619e4b.png

Do you see it working like this?

morpheus2n2

Yeah that works fine after I choose the "Group together" option, the problem is cos the NFO is not being created or updated properly any Mulit version Film/show I have will eventually "Fall" out of a collection

52 minutes ago, morpheus2n2 said:

I have will eventually "Fall" out of a collection

It shouldn't unless you break the multi version.

morpheus2n2
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

It shouldn't unless you break the multi version.

Exactly, but I believe the problem lies with the NFO files, as I mentioned they are not updating/creating properly so when Emby dose a scan of the folder it courses the Film/show to get removed from the collection.

morpheus2n2

Ok I have just gone and checked one of my folders again and have found the entirety of one of my collections has removed itself.

I have just re-added the lot (about 20 films) back within the last 7 minutes and here's the log file from it along with a NFO from one of the films.

Again also a screenshot, as you can see its only adding a NFO for the highest quality version and this is not how im being told it should work yet that's exactly what's its doing

Captain Marvel (2019) Bluray-2160p HDR.nfo

embyserver.txt751713714_2021-07-20(1).thumb.png.6bcdc2be4b57a5025451483e1a7fcb24.png

Edited by morpheus2n2

Your NFO file is showing this movie being part of 2 collections:
DCEU
Suicide Squad Collection

morpheus2n2
Just now, cayars said:

Your NFO file is showing this movie being part of 2 collections:
DCEU
Suicide Squad Collection

Just edited it as that was the wrong NFO attached

Got ya,  this one is just part of one collection "Captain Marvel Collection"

When looking at the movie "Captain Marvel" is your 2160K/HDR movie listed first?

morpheus2n2
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

Got ya,  this one is just part of one collection "Captain Marvel Collection"

When looking at the movie "Captain Marvel" is your 2160K/HDR movie listed first?

Yep and its also meant to be in to other collections.

Infinity Saga and MCU

Are these your own private collections?
Online it's listed as only being part of Captain Marvel Collection.