Apple TV Top Shelf

matusaurio

matusaurio

Continue watching in the home screen, the so-called Top Shelf shows the posters of the TV shows zoomed(?) or with the wrong aspect ratio.

Emby server version: 4.6.2.0

Emby Apple TV version: 1.5.3 (0)

Also, is it possible to show the thumb-image instead of the poster? (As shown in the official page Emby for Apple TV)

apple_tv_photo.jpg

• Like 2

Craigpacker

Mines same like poster zoomed in been like it for while dose my nut can someone sort this pretty please Apple TV 4K 

vdatanet

It’s not the poster zoomed, it’s the thumbnail cropped.

• Like 1

unisoft
On 07/06/2021 at 19:58, matusaurio said:

Continue watching in the home screen, the so-called Top Shelf shows the posters of the TV shows zoomed(?) or with the wrong aspect ratio.

Emby server version: 4.6.2.0

Emby Apple TV version: 1.5.3 (0)

Also, is it possible to show the thumb-image instead of the poster? (As shown in the official page Emby for Apple TV)

apple_tv_photo.jpg

Confirmed. I'm also getting this mess on latest GA release 1.5.3 .

Basically, THUMBS.JPG, cropped,  is being used where size of FOLDER.JPG is being used. Folder.jpg is poster size (DVD Cover).

Either change to using Folder.jpg or revert to using thumbs.jpg without cropping. I quite like the sizing difference between TV (thumbs) and Movies (Folder) on top shelf as previously.

Edited by unisoft

vdatanet

Thumbs.jpg is correct for continue watching. The problem is that it is rendering as poster aspect ratio.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 12:30 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

vdatanet

Music video items are missing in the Top Shelf. Pet Shop Boys Inner Sanctum is in the Continue watching row:

1144049802_Capturadepantalla2021-06-16alas21_57_06.thumb.png.7408a5f99b1ff9a19b6942c52e6a95d8.png

Pet Shop Boys Inner Sanctum is missing in the Top Shelf, because is a Music Video item:

339716221_Capturadepantalla2021-06-16alas21_57_29.thumb.png.0b91b71b569222bfbf14d4673c351410.png

arrbee99

I guess nothing can be done about the ridiculously big thumbs above (Superman and Dune) ? I presume its an Apple thing not an Emby thing...

6 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Music video items are missing in the Top Shelf. Pet Shop Boys Inner Sanctum is in the Continue watching row:

1144049802_Capturadepantalla2021-06-16alas21_57_06.thumb.png.7408a5f99b1ff9a19b6942c52e6a95d8.png

Pet Shop Boys Inner Sanctum is missing in the Top Shelf, because is a Music Video item:

339716221_Capturadepantalla2021-06-16alas21_57_29.thumb.png.0b91b71b569222bfbf14d4673c351410.png

Yea for some reason we're artificially excluding them, but that can be changed.

2 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

I guess nothing can be done about the ridiculously big thumbs above (Superman and Dune) ? I presume its an Apple thing not an Emby thing...

Correct.

vdatanet
5 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

No, developers have full control of what is shown in the Top Shelf and how is shown. The big thumbs are the common pattern and I like it for Continue Watching and Next Up items. Infuse  shows covers for all items and Video Music items are there.

https://streamable.com/5yhvoz

Craigpacker

Mine is all squashed on top shelf on emby app it’s horrible any fix for this coming up how come yours is fine 

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, Craigpacker said:

AnywAy fixing this on Apple TV 4K emby app 

9C7B1E70-1CAB-4B70-B58A-2F0C6F9254BE.jpeg

750A8135-02B4-4C92-8354-6AA01891722E.jpeg

Interesting as you have portrait/poster placeholders and everyone else has thumb/landscape placeholders.  Don't think I have ever seen that on that Row.

vdatanet

Merging Next Up and Continue Watching row has broken the Top Shelf. Before that, Continue Watching and Next Up were displayed as thumbs and latest media as posters. After merging, Continue watching are showed as thumbs, Next Up as thumbs cropped as posters and latest media as posters. 

The Apple TV app has not yet been aligned to version 4.6 of the server. Legacy Next up, is not supported yet. I guess by aligning the app with server 4.6, they will fix this.

The development of the application for Apple TV is very slooooow.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Agree 1