Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, MEB said:

Nice plugin but I am getting crashes while using it. Here is latest crash log, happens every time I try to play a movie it makes it through all the preroll videos but crashes when it tries to play the movie. https://pastebin.com/6mj31T9T

I had a look thru the log and it looks like Vantage Point has collected all the info and is playing your intros.

Couple of questions.

1. Does your PG rating play ok?
  2. can you remove the PG rating from the playlist
  3. normally there is a Country Prefix for Ratings which need to match the emby parental rating.  For Example GB-15

image.png.a2c86682f2fd432e458c042ecf76aa34.png

if it doesn't match the emby ratings then it shouldn't play, but i may have to look at my code for this.  I have had some issues with the rating system in the plugin.

Let me know how you get on.  Cheers 

On 9/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

I had a look thru the log and it looks like Vantage Point has collected all the info and is playing your intros.

Couple of questions.

1. Does your PG rating play ok?
  2. can you remove the PG rating from the playlist
  3. normally there is a Country Prefix for Ratings which need to match the emby parental rating.  For Example GB-15

1. Well it actually only occasionally played but things still crashed

2. I removed it and then things started to play properly so I guess there is something wrong with ratings I was using the ratings that were posted on here.

Edit: spoke too soon tried a different movie and still crashed.

Checked logs and it looks like it was crashing a specific video so I deleted it and will keep checking.

Yep keeps crashing but now its random when it happens, on the same movie its about 50/50 it makes it through all prerolls but still crashes once it goes to play the movie.

unhandled_64748dd7-8ae2-48ce-9ed3-18788b2e69e1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ca3610ff-f70c-48e4-b2bd-f18ceeef007a_1.txt embyserver-63767309062.txt

Edited by MEB

Any idea what could be causing this? I would like to keep using this plugin but a 50/50 chance it will crash and I would have to get off my ass to start the server again is too much.

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer Hi, this is the guy from Youtube. I found the bumpers, thanks soo much. The one I really want isn't there though, it's the one with the Emby logo. Also, two questions, firstly, I tried using an Imax intro, but it plays 3 times, once after each segment. Is it possible for it to only play once at the start? Secondly, can I select which users have access to Vantage? I have multiple users on my server and while setting it up, my 10 year niece and her 7 year old brother tried to watch Captain Underpants, but were greeted with the trailers for Bye Bye Man and Wrong Turn.....they're scarred for life. lol. Is there a way to at least keep using the plugin but for myself only? Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer Hi, this is the guy from Youtube. I found the bumpers, thanks soo much. The one I really want isn't there though, it's the one with the Emby logo. Also, two questions, firstly, I tried using an Imax intro, but it plays 3 times, once after each segment. Is it possible for it to only play once at the start? Secondly, can I select which users have access to Vantage? I have multiple users on my server and while setting it up, my 10 year niece and her 7 year old brother tried to watch Captain Underpants, but were greeted with the trailers for Bye Bye Man and Wrong Turn.....they're scarred for life. lol. Is there a way to at least keep using the plugin but for myself only? Thanks again!

Hello fella,

Yeah I know about the 3 times thing, i need to sort that and move the option to the start of each individual sections, so the user can enable when they want to display it.  A little oversite on my part.

The other thing is a little worrying actually...

Couple of questions please if you don't mind,

1. which Trailers are you using? Local or Internet.
  2. Did you have Enable parental control "ON"?  This should check against the item being shown and only allow trailers upto that Parental Rating.  

image.png.a33e12d84579aeddb7eefb0386ac6f92.png

image.png.32a570d0526ac741234dad5ccb7f796c.png

MangaAddict

@Cheesegeezer I use online trailers only, I rather get trailers for new and upcoming movies that aren't in my library. I have parental controls off, because I thought enabling the plugin would've only enabled it for me. TBH I have about 15 people using my server and I'm the only person who wanted the full cinema experience, everyone just expects to click on a movie and watch it.....weirdos..lol  

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

@Cheesegeezer I use online trailers only, I rather get trailers for new and upcoming movies that aren't in my library. I have parental controls off, because I thought enabling the plugin would've only enabled it for me. TBH I have about 15 people using my server and I'm the only person who wanted the full cinema experience, everyone just expects to click on a movie and watch it.....weirdos..lol  

That's no problems, so all of your users can disable the function in their own clients.

All they have to do is go to the settings and select playback and then disable Cinema Intros. The function is there for everyone, and I don't need to add specific use case.  If you get what i mean.

Cheers

image.png.2e8b8b7a4d2866320aa251826362e077.png

MangaAddict

Ok thank you soo much. I'll definitely get them to do that. Really appreciate all your hard work. Have a great day!

Cheesegeezer

I will get these improvements done over the next week, I’ve been busy helping with the new IntroSkip plugin, but will have some time to tweak these changes.

thanks for your patience 

• Like 1

nomatches4mikey

Not sure if there's a separate place for plugin Feature Requests...

I love that you're expanding the Custom Intros feature.  I wonder if it would be possible to assign a time window for specific clips to be shown.  For example, my family does a Friday night movie most weeks.  I was thinking about adding a Feature Presentation intro video like the 80s network TV movies, but I'd only want that one to be triggered on the corresponding night.  I included a sample below.  It wouldn't need to be limited to just the Feature Presentation...  It's often a hassle to get the kids to get their food and snacks to start the movie.  It might be nice to trigger the full VP experience to get them in Friday Night Movie Night mode, but just play the movie if it's a regular weeknight.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, nomatches4mikey said:

Not sure if there's a separate place for plugin Feature Requests...

I love that you're expanding the Custom Intros feature.  I wonder if it would be possible to assign a time window for specific clips to be shown.  For example, my family does a Friday night movie most weeks.  I was thinking about adding a Feature Presentation intro video like the 80s network TV movies, but I'd only want that one to be triggered on the corresponding night.  I included a sample below.  It wouldn't need to be limited to just the Feature Presentation...  It's often a hassle to get the kids to get their food and snacks to start the movie.  It might be nice to trigger the full VP experience to get them in Friday Night Movie Night mode, but just play the movie if it's a regular weeknight.

It’s a great idea, i need to do some other work to the plugin first. Such as User profiles, address some community improvements.

I’ll have to see how i can implement this. Probably put it as a scheduled task so the user can assign times and triggers they want to enable the plugin. I’ll have a play after the other improvements have happened, it shouldn’t take long to do them, just need the time.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MangaAddict
On 10/2/2021 at 8:05 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

I will get these improvements done over the next week, I’ve been busy helping with the new IntroSkip plugin, but will have some time to tweak these changes.

thanks for your patience 

I checked out the IntroSkip plugin and it looks awesome. I really want to try it on my main server. Is it safe to do so, or is there a possibility of messing something up?

Cheesegeezer
23 minutes ago, MangaAddict said:

I checked out the IntroSkip plugin and it looks awesome. I really want to try it on my main server. Is it safe to do so, or is there a possibility of messing something up?

No ... just wait mate. We are really tweaking the detection and you would need to run the beta server build to test. So only experienced users should try it. Once we are happy it will be released to plugin store

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
benris

Hey, 

first of all great work!!!

Just wanted to share my (german) FSK rating videos with you... 

I made FSK16 and FSK18 only because i do not need the other ones...

If someone is interested in all of them, just let me know

Greetz ❤️

• Thanks 1