Jump to content

Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros


Cheesegeezer

Recommended Posts

julianb

First I just want to say thank you for all the effort. I've been looking for something like this for a long time! I used to use CinemaVision with Kodi and Emby as my server. This worked great for a while, but the plugin stopped working, and I don't think anyone is working on that plugin anymore.

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Is it possible to make the audio bumpers look for audio codec in the file name? Like this: Movie.2019.Atmos.UHD.mkv (it's much easier to auto rename movies with the right audio track, then to manually add the track as an tag via Emby. (Emby can't see DTS:X or Atmos tracks)

2. Does this work with Kodi? Cinema Intros works with "Emby for Kodi", so I guess it should be possible?

3. One thing you should consider later on is to add a way to fire a script before each step. Example: In CinemaVision I dimmed the lights while trailers was playing, and turn off all lights when the movie playback started. Could make up for alot fun home automations during playback.

I copied an example from my Hue script that dims the lights during a trailer:

http://192.168.0.1/api/LVSQbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/groups/25/action
PUT:{"on":true,"bri":120,"transitiontime":30}

Could be put inside a file and make the plugin point to that file to run it at a spesific time. 

 

Anyway, great work! Love what you are doing here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
Posted (edited)
On 27/07/2021 at 11:57, julianb said:

First I just want to say thank you for all the effort. I've been looking for something like this for a long time! I used to use CinemaVision with Kodi and Emby as my server. This worked great for a while, but the plugin stopped working, and I don't think anyone is working on that plugin anymore.

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Is it possible to make the audio bumpers look for audio codec in the file name? Like this: Movie.2019.Atmos.UHD.mkv (it's much easier to auto rename movies with the right audio track, then to manually add the track as an tag via Emby. (Emby can't see DTS:X or Atmos tracks)

A. It could be possible however then a strict naming convention has to be drawn up otherwise everyone will name their files differently and everyone is complaining it doesn't work.

I will put it on the road map, but hope the core code will address this rather than my plugin.

To be fair, I would rather an Atmos or DTS:X codec intro played before any movie rather than mp3 or DD, especially just before the movie starts during build up.  I use THX and others and just name them as the codec.  But purists i understand are meticulous about detail.

Quote

2. Does this work with Kodi? Cinema Intros works with "Emby for Kodi", so I guess it should be possible?

A. I have no idea, i stopped using Kodi when it became Kodi - I was always XBMC and ran that on an original Xbox

Quote

3. One thing you should consider later on is to add a way to fire a script before each step. Example: In CinemaVision I dimmed the lights while trailers was playing, and turn off all lights when the movie playback started. Could make up for alot fun home automations during playback.

A. This will be implemented and the code is there, however, I am limited by the core code.  If i can explain the way that Cinema Intros and Vantage Point work.  Basically... if the plugin is enabled when you hit the play button (this is core code driven and i have no way to change this) - the code runs for the plugin and collects all of the information for the play order and list of what items to play, it then adds the locations(File Paths as strings) of the files to a collection and plays them in sequence, hence why the "working circle" is often shown prior to each intro.

I managed to get the http post requests to add into the "playlist" however it just executes them as the plugin code is collected. So within the space of about 1 second all of the automation requests are executed.  I'm working with @chef to get this implemented, however Emby structure for automation is very session based, so it's proving quite tricky to get it to behave itself.

image.png.727a7cf0fe55c71e02824756dff82803.png

image.png.fe44b052fcb41df8e613f89f1a7ff454.png

image.png.2555367950a52ca18ede686fecacb72c.png

 

Quote

I copied an example from my Hue script that dims the lights during a trailer:



http://192.168.0.1/api/LVSQbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/groups/25/action
PUT:{"on":true,"bri":120,"transitiontime":30}

Could be put inside a file and make the plugin point to that file to run it at a spesific time.

A. I don't think this will be possible with the current core code setup.

Quote

Anyway, great work! Love what you are doing here!

Thank fella.  Appreciate it.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

julianb
21 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

A. It could be possible however then a strict naming convention has to be drawn up otherwise everyone will name their files differently and everyone is complaining it doesn't work.

I will put it on the road map, but hope the core code will address this rather than my plugin.

To be fair, I would rather an Atmos or DTS:X codec intro played before any movie rather than mp3 or DD, especially just before the movie starts during build up.  I use THX and others and just name them as the codec.  But purists i understand are meticulous about detail.

A. I have no idea, i stopped using Kodi when it became Kodi - I was always XBMC and ran that on an original Xbox

A. This will be implemented and the code is there, however, I am limited by the core code.  If i can explain the way that Cinema Intros and Vantage Point work.  Basically... if the plugin is enabled when you hit the play button (this is core code driven and i have no way to change this) - the code runs for the plugin and collects all of the information for the play order and list of what items to play, it then adds the locations(File Paths as strings) of the files to a collection and plays them in sequence, hence why the "working circle" is often shown prior to each intro.

I managed to get the http post requests to add into the "playlist" however it just executes them as the plugin code is collected. So within the space of about 1 second all of the automation requests are executed.  I'm working with @chef to get this implemented, however Emby structure for automation is very session based, so it's proving quite tricky to get it to behave itself.

image.png.727a7cf0fe55c71e02824756dff82803.png

image.png.fe44b052fcb41df8e613f89f1a7ff454.png

image.png.2555367950a52ca18ede686fecacb72c.png

 

A. I don't think this will be possible with the current core code setup.

Thank fella.  Appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. I appreciated it! 
I will try to see if I can get it to run within Kodi. Since Cinema Intros work, I will give it a shot. 
The automation URL is nice and could work as a trigger for external automations. Thanks again! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer
On 29/07/2021 at 12:15, julianb said:

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. I appreciated it! 
I will try to see if I can get it to run within Kodi. Since Cinema Intros work, I will give it a shot. 
The automation URL is nice and could work as a trigger for external automations. Thanks again! 

I'm not sure if you can set scenes with your setup rather than just manually controlling lights with 10 lines of script.  I use VeraPlus and there are plenty of plugins for that for different HA vendors that integrate seamlessly.  I just run a scene, which does everything.  There is also conditional plugins where you can set delays based on logic of something triggering called Reactor... it's really good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mookdog

Hi Guys

First off kudos to the developer for this plugin. Does anyone happen to have the US Ratings videos to use with the plugin ? I only see the UK ones

 

Thanks

Mook

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
On 17/08/2021 at 03:53, Mookdog said:

Hi Guys

First off kudos to the developer for this plugin. Does anyone happen to have the US Ratings videos to use with the plugin ? I only see the UK ones

 

Thanks

Mook

Let me check... I may have some stashed away, but not sure how recent they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mookdog
18 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Let me check... I may have some stashed away, but not sure how recent they are.

Thats fine with me I will take whatever I am not picky lol

 

Mook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

InaudibleDirge

@Mookdog here's my collection of rating bumps

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fsrhP7SnihehuH4Vr_xrzFgiiw_VUzo3?usp=sharing


I have a quick question. Is it possible to make this only play on unwatched movies? Or, ideally, I'd like the full theater-like experience when watching a new movie. For re-watches of movies, I'd like only a single video type (a random server bump that I've put into the countdown section) to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mookdog
9 hours ago, InaudibleDirge said:

@Mookdog here's my collection of rating bumps

usp=sharing @ drive.google


I have a quick question. Is it possible to make this only play on unwatched movies? Or, ideally, I'd like the full theater-like experience when watching a new movie. For re-watches of movies, I'd like only a single video type (a random server bump that I've put into the countdown section) to play.

Thanks alot man I grabbed the MPAA  bumps

Mook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
On 20/08/2021 at 18:39, InaudibleDirge said:

@Mookdog here's my collection of rating bumps

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fsrhP7SnihehuH4Vr_xrzFgiiw_VUzo3?usp=sharing


I have a quick question. Is it possible to make this only play on unwatched movies? Or, ideally, I'd like the full theater-like experience when watching a new movie. For re-watches of movies, I'd like only a single video type (a random server bump that I've put into the countdown section) to play.

I think it should be possible to add this feature.  However a separate library should be used if you want to play something only on re-watches.

I'll hopefully get some time this week to implement this.

Cheers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer

New feature added in version 1.0.0.3

Option to disable completely for Watched Movies or just have one Bumper play prior to the movie starting

You will need to refresh the cache on your browser by loading up the Emby Config page and then pressing CTRL + F5

Enjoy

image.thumb.png.6c3b26c7799055c7c8c46a93905fbfaa.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

InaudibleDirge
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

New feature added in version 1.0.0.3

Option to disable completely for Watched Movies or just have one Bumper play prior to the movie starting

You will need to refresh the cache on your browser by loading up the Emby Config page and then pressing CTRL + F5

Enjoy

image.thumb.png.6c3b26c7799055c7c8c46a93905fbfaa.png

absolute legend. thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
29 minutes ago, InaudibleDirge said:

absolute legend. thank you

No Probs, 

Let me know if there are any issues.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill

Just installed the new version to try out the new function with only play bumber and trailers for Unwatched movies but when I check "Disable Vantage Point for Watched Movies" it doesnt play anything at all before any movies, no matter their play state. Is it the same for others?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

As someone who often watches a movie and then immediately watches it again with the commentary, this is much appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
Just now, crusher11 said:

As someone who often watches a movie and then immediately watches it again with the commentary, this is much appreciated. 

Yo Crusher can you test @fillidill issue.  Cheers

I tested myself and had no issues.  Maybe it's a conditional issue in my code.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

I haven't actually updated yet (ie rebooted the server) and I'm busy at the moment, but I'll try and give it a look later tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

I haven't actually updated yet (ie rebooted the server) and I'm busy at the moment, but I'll try and give it a look later tonight. 

Thanks but i think i've reproduced it.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
12 hours ago, fillidill said:

Just installed the new version to try out the new function with only play bumber and trailers for Unwatched movies but when I check "Disable Vantage Point for Watched Movies" it doesnt play anything at all before any movies, no matter their play state. Is it the same for others?

Bear with me, i'll get a fix out later today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Bear with me, i'll get a fix out later today.

Yeah no problem, take your time :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, fillidill said:

Yeah no problem, take your time :)

Figured it out, was using the wrong boolean to interrogate the Movie if it's played or not.

Version 1.0.0.4 will be up shortly.  Please test and let me know.

Thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Figured it out, was using the wrong boolean to interrogate the Movie if it's played or not.

Version 1.0.0.4 will be up shortly.  Please test and let me know.

Thanks

 

Seems to work perfectly! Thank you 🥇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill

A question! Is it possible to, instead of pointing just to a file directory of trailers, to point to a movie Library in Emby that is specifically made for trailers? And then also decide that it should only play unwatched trailers from that library? If not, would that maybe be a nice feature to add? :)

Some back story... I have a script that is each night downloading trailers online and naming them correctly which are then imported into a movie library called "Movie Trailers" in Emby. All metadata is downloaded nicely by Emby and I can have a "Latest Movie Trailers" on the main page. As they are added as normal movies I have the watched/unwatched flag on each trailer. Having above feature in VantagePoint would avoid me seeing the same trailers again before starting a movie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, fillidill said:

A question! Is it possible to, instead of pointing just to a file directory of trailers, to point to a movie Library in Emby that is specifically made for trailers? And then also decide that it should only play unwatched trailers from that library? If not, would that maybe be a nice feature to add? :)

Some back story... I have a script that is each night downloading trailers online and naming them correctly which are then imported into a movie library called "Movie Trailers" in Emby. All metadata is downloaded nicely by Emby and I can have a "Latest Movie Trailers" on the main page. As they are added as normal movies I have the watched/unwatched flag on each trailer. Having above feature in VantagePoint would avoid me seeing the same trailers again before starting a movie. 

I like this idea alot.... I can maybe add this.  I'll have to figure out a good way to do this. 

Do your downloaded Trailers in the folder get a played marker on them if you have watched them? Do you get genre classification and age rating classification? 

Can you share your script with me in PM so i can test this?

Thanks

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill
25 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I like this idea alot.... I can maybe add this.  I'll have to figure out a good way to do this. 

Do your downloaded Trailers in the folder get a played marker on them if you have watched them? Do you get genre classification and age rating classification? 

Can you share your script with me in PM so i can test this?

Thanks

That is very nice to hear, you're the man! :D 
Yeah, if Emby identifies the movie correctly it gets all info it finds on it like it would have been a normal movie which is awesome! So far it has identified almost all movies correctly.

I will send the script to you in a PM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...