4.6.0.50 broke seasons with non-standard episode naming

gokuz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gokuz
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

We will have a 4.6.1 stable release out today that includes these changes.

Oh wow can't wait! I'll revert to 4.5.4.0 for the time being

pwhodges

I'm still seeing all files with s00enn naming being shown under "Specials" as well as in the directory actually containing them.  Not a huge deal, but seems a bit messy.

Paul

pwhodges
2 minutes ago, gokuz said:

Oh wow can't wait! I'll revert to 4.5.4.0 for the time being

Remember to restore your database backup as well!

Paul

gokuz
4 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I'm still seeing all files with s00enn naming being shown under "Specials" as well as in the directory actually containing them.  Not a huge deal, but seems a bit messy.

Paul

image.thumb.png.a04cf54594648b8a974dde77c6bff04b.png

Do it like this, name all your folders with numbers. Specials will be left at the back.

3 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Remember to restore your database backup as well!

Paul

To be honest, I don't backup before upgrade/downgrade. Docker ftw!

pwhodges
9 minutes ago, gokuz said:

Do it like this, name all your folders with numbers. Specials will be left at the back.

Is that meant to relate to what I mentioned?  I'm not talking about the season/special folders, but about the files in them.  I have some s00enn files in season folders because the metadata naming is simply wrong.  These appear where I put them, and after a glitch with ...50 which was the genesis of this thread, they still do.  However, they now also get shown in the Specials folder; this doesn't much surprise me, but it's not how it was before the glitch, I think.

Paul

gokuz
2 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Is that meant to relate to what I mentioned?  I'm not talking about the season/special folders, but about the files in them.  I have some s00enn files in season folders because the metadata naming is simply wrong.  These appear where I put them, and after a glitch with ...50 which was the genesis of this thread, they still do.  However, they now also get shown in the Specials folder; this doesn't much surprise me, but it's not how it was before the glitch, I think.

Paul

Like the screenshot above. I'm pointing out, you should put all your s00enn files in a separate folder for every of them.

E.g. 1.Movies, 2.OVA, 3.NCOP, 4.NCED 

pwhodges

Sigh.  I've done that, and they appear there.  AND they appear in the plain "Special" folder.

Legend.jpg.3b5984871294ea997ec618f8c241872d.jpg

The files in "Specials - Republic City Hustle" also appear in "Specials", which actually has four files in it, not seven.

Paul

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

Sigh.  I've done that, and they appear there.  AND they appear in the plain "Special" folder.

Legend.jpg.3b5984871294ea997ec618f8c241872d.jpg

The files in "Specials - Republic City Hustle" also appear in "Specials", which actually has four files in it, not seven.

Paul

So both non and real specials folders are honoring the S00enn file naming.  I would assume the secondary specials folder would have to have a different naming scheme.

pwhodges

Such as?  I've explained why I do this (the Metadata providers have made a pig's ear of the shows I've mentioned), and what I'm doing used to work sensibly.  I know I'm breaking the rules, but Luke kindly put the main aspect of this back so it works again for those of us who do this.  I am merely commenting now on an aspect of it which hasn't gone back to the previous behaviour even after the fix.

Paul

EDIT: by renaming my Specials folder as something unrecognised, I made this issue go away for now.

Edited by pwhodges

• Solution

Emby Server 4.6.1 is beginning to roll out. Hopefully this resolves your issues with episodes using non-standard file naming. Thanks.

gokuz
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby Server 4.6.1 is beginning to roll out. Hopefully this resolves your issues with episodes using non-standard file naming. Thanks.

image.png.7f7754ba58de8338c22cd524078859eb.png

Updated! thanks

• Like 1