Emby don't take customized metadata

Eleumas31

To recreate this issue on my end and I think @Eleumas31 as well..

I have a file or album... and it has wrong album art.. the metadata is wrong.. and the filename reflects the metadata.

Say..

Artist featuring The Other Artist - Title.mp3

ID3 TAG'S 

04_29.2021_063054.jpg.aabcacceadaf6784e7f78772e1413197.jpg

ACTIONS

• Fix Artist and Title 

-Refresh Metadata

-Search for Missing Metadata

• Fix filename = Artist - Title (feat. The Other Artist).mp3

-File monitoring already addresses this issue but you may manually 'Refresh'

•  Embed Album Artwork ( From having the wrong Art. )

-Refresh Metadata - Replace Images

-Search for Missing Metadata - Replace Images

RESULT

EMBY does not see the updated images and reverts to using the old image, also does not register the new metadata. File monitor triggering seems to work in some cases but can leave you with albums that do not come together when the album was changed for the whole album.. but only sees the changes when triggering the file monitor. Image Extraction does not take place like it should. The file(s) do not respond to any more metadata updates.

Artist issues that come into play.. Multiple scans of the entire Library, followed by Refreshing metadata without replacing images and with. Also attempted to find missing metadata, with same options... Some improvement experienced, but still commonly known artist images, backdrops, and logos are missing.. Some will work manually..some refuse to change. Color background is missing and image is clear ( same color as empty backdrop )

I did not attempt editing the file metadata in EMBY like @Eleumas31 has.. But I did try this with a few album artist and trying to identify them. That did not work.

Edited by Guest

Try moving the file/album out of the library, scan, then move it back in.

I think they attempted this as well a couple of times.

For me I would need to delete the entire library and start over.. I have done this with a complete server re-initialization/install with success.

Edited by Guest

Eleumas31

Hi @Hxemby001 very very thanks for have try! 💚

You have "touched with your hands" my problems.

I have tried to remove Music library and after create a new one but the issue persist.

Now i'm removing Anthology 2015 and i'm trying to follow @cayars advice...

I believe than i will remove Emby from my server and i will install 4.6 beta.

UPDATE:

@cayars nothing is changed 😕 the problem is always the same.

Edited by Eleumas31
  • Like 1

Eleumas31

@cayars @Hxemby001 I removed Emby 4.5 and installed 4.6.0.40 beta.

Now the problem is solved. There are only track numbers than don't work. Any idea for solve the issue with track numbers?

Schermata 2021-04-29 alle 18.01.14.png

PS (personal feedback): these images are terrible. Why don't use a solid background like the theme selected?

Edited by Eleumas31

Check the files that show up without that info and see if they are tagged correctly.  If not fix the tagging and you should be good after a rescan.

Eleumas31

@cayars My files haven't track number. I have checked with picard and i have scaned the library, but the situation is worsened.  Were been displayed a lot of tracks with the number in Emby. The first time was only 2.

11 minutes ago, Eleumas31 said:

@cayars @Hxemby001 I removed Emby 4.5 and installed 4.6.0.40 beta.

Now the problem is solved. There are only track numbers than don't work. Any idea for solve the issue with track numbers?

Schermata 2021-04-29 alle 18.01.14.png

PS (personal feedback): these images are terrible. Why don't use a solid background like the theme selected?

Why do you think they're not working? I see track numbers there.

Eleumas31
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Why do you think they're not working? I see track numbers there.

@Luke @cayars Because my tracks no have a track number. 🙂 Why there is a track number on Emby?

Just now, Eleumas31 said:

@Luke @cayars Because my tracks no have a track number. 🙂 Why there is a track number on Emby?

They must have a track number embedded into the file.

So you don't really want an album view but a song view?
Have you tried looking at them that way?

Eleumas31

Sorry i'm not sure to have understand ☺️ this issue is inside album view.

I believe this is a bug in Emby.

pwhodges

It is usual to list (and listen to) albums in the track order determined by the artist(s), not alphabetical order.  If you want a different order, you can find that by using folder view.

Paul

Eleumas31

@pwhodgesyes it's true! 🙂 here the problem is other but maybe i have finally solved!

I have open all tracks with MusicBrainz Picard and edited the metatag. After i scanned the library and now all work perfectly.

With some software, it seem than metatag are not delete or edited correctly. 🤔

@Luke @cayars Could be very important inform users if Emby is particular compatible with a specific software.

Edited by Eleumas31
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eleumas31 said:

@pwhodgesyes it's true! 🙂 here the problem is other but maybe i have finally solved!

I have open all tracks with MusicBrainz Picard and edited the metatag. After i scanned the library and now all work perfectly.

With some software, it seem than metatag are not delete or edited correctly. 🤔

@Luke @cayars Could be very important inform users if Emby is particular compatible with a specific software.

I would bet that the files had multiple ID3 or Metadata types embedded.. The original editing software was either setup to only edit one type of tag.. or only compatible with one type of tagging system.. The issue would actually be that the files have multiple tag systems.. and the most recent is the preferred or default.. conflicting or additional information coming from multiple tag types.. This would not necessarily be EMBY's fault.. in that case.. the variable would be seen across multiple programs..

Happy2Play

But still seem odd all I did was add the provided album (Anthology 2015) to 4.5.4.0 and 4.6.0.41 without changing anything and it display properly (Windows 10).  As mentioned all track artists appeared and only two tracks had embedded track numbers.

track7.jpg.12c9030bb65ca9930f9d1a8493b8f9b5.jpgtrack1.jpg.f1aee8ea81795162a5f921b44704631f.jpg

All other tracks have no track numbers.

Eleumas31

@Hxemby001 yes i know there are more tag type (ID3v1.1, ID3v2.4 etc) i delete all always and update all tag for each song. Is a big work every times!

@Happy2Play my tracks shouldn't have a track number. After scanned by Emby there is track number, comment and genre. so, for now with Picard i edited and seems all is ok. i will have way to try next days...

Edited by Eleumas31
  • Like 1