Emby don't take customized metadata

Eleumas31

Eleumas31

ok i have installed the 4.6 beta but the navbar where is? 😅409889364_Schermata2021-04-26alle12_06_08.thumb.png.b32952fa0b77b3e4ab9beb26d44cf5e2.png

@cayars the issue is always the same. The track haven't ARTIST and others tracks have the TRACK NUMBER too if i haven't set this.

558487201_Schermata2021-04-26alle12_07_43.thumb.png.3ec1296e4454e1ac4b45475ef0c9377a.png

What can i do now? Any idea? 🙂

Your album artist in the track is tagged as "Various Artists" which is what Emby is picking up correct?

Correct, so now compare that to other tracks that do load correctly.

Eleumas31

@cayars This is the situation.

1558149005_Schermata2021-04-26alle14_49_43.thumb.png.0822047fa20cbea9dfa6fc4bcc4d5320.png

What i have to compare?

Some tracks have an Artist others (and i don't know why) Emby don't display nothing because ARTIST tag is empty.

973257869_Schermata2021-04-26alle14_53_33.thumb.png.0b25ff9dd8390d8653ea0be9383c63b2.png

With 4.6 beta nothing is change. 🙁

Edited by Eleumas31

For the tracks that are empty, what does the Album Artist tag look like in the file?

8 hours ago, Eleumas31 said:

@cayars This is the situation.

1558149005_Schermata2021-04-26alle14_49_43.thumb.png.0822047fa20cbea9dfa6fc4bcc4d5320.png

What i have to compare?

Some tracks have an Artist others (and i don't know why) Emby don't display nothing because ARTIST tag is empty.

973257869_Schermata2021-04-26alle14_53_33.thumb.png.0b25ff9dd8390d8653ea0be9383c63b2.png

With 4.6 beta nothing is change. 🙁

Have you checked the embedded tags within the file?

Eleumas31

@cayars for the empty tracks ALBUM ARTIST is filled correctly! Inside there is Various Artists.

@Luke sure! I have posted in this page multiple screenshot about this.

@Happy2Play what is ffprobe? How can i use this? 😅

Edited by Eleumas31

ffprobe is part of the ffmpeg family of programs and is used by Emby to read the tags from the file.

What HappyPlay is saying above is to run this directly to look at the output.  Does the Artist field for example show up?
He linked to another thread showing it's use.

If you need help with this let us know but the output of that is going to be quite helpful.

Happy2Play

You don't need to download as Emby is embedded with it in the install.  Not knowing your OS you would run ffprobe via command line like the example I liked you to.

Eleumas31

@Happy2Play i have Emby installed on my Synology NAS DS218+. 

What are the command for have detail on a specific file?

Edited by Eleumas31

@Happy2Play gave an example which shows

ffprobe -i "C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Music - emby metadata\Blake Shelton\All About Tonight\04 Blake Shelton feat. Miranda Lambert - Draggin' the River.flac"

So from a command prompt sitting in the directory where Emby's version of ffprobe is located the format is

ffprobe -i "path to file to probe"

It's pretty easy once you've done it once.

Eleumas31

@cayars sorry, i have some problem with terminal 😕 i don't know how to use it.

If someone can help me with specific guide ok otherwise i don't know how to do this.

There is another way to have this information?

Could i remove all files inside the cache folder in Emby? Could be useful?

Edited by Eleumas31

Head into System Preferences and select Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services. Find "New Terminal at Folder" in the settings and click the box. Now, when you're in Finder, just right-click a folder and you're shown the open to open Terminal. When you do, it'll start right in the folder you're in. It's not always necessary, but it's a big help for all those Terminal commands that require a very specific location.

FORGOT TO ADD: browse to the location of your EMBY Server installation containing FFPROBE.

Then you will type:

ffprobe -i "copy path to file and paste in between quotation marks"

Could be wrong but I think that is it.. :P

Edited by Guest

Use finder to go to the directory... then open terminal.. It is different in Windows so I may have some trouble helping.. What I posted above should help you go to the directory as if you are browsing it.. THEN open terminal from there...

Eleumas31

@Hxemby001 Ok this doesn't work because i have my NAS linked with Samba and seem i can't use this function. I tried and with local folders it work perfectly.

A quick solution to this would be to copy the file to a folder, on your system and run it with that location instead..

Edited by Guest

Eleumas31

Ok @Hxemby001, good news...i'm here. Now?

596276829_Schermata2021-04-27alle16_21_29.png.df046f31eeb6a7a0c80a9f6fa67951d9.png

I go with this command?

ffprobe -i "C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Music - emby metadata\Blake Shelton\All About Tonight\04 Blake Shelton feat. Miranda Lambert - Draggin' the River.flac"

My music is on NAS linked with Samba. I have to download in local?