Emby don't take customized metadata

Eleumas31

Happy2Play

Here is an example from a Synology log.  Not familiar with Terminal though.

2021-02-25 17:49:31.910 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/volume1/audio/Compilations/80s/00. Goody Two Shoes.mp3" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format

Switch or CD to the Emby directory containing the ffmpeg and ffmpeg binaries so ffprobe can be found.

Are you using ffprobe that came with your Emby install?
You want to test with that.  That is what Emby Server is going to use.

That will help determine if the artist tag is being found in Emby's ffprobe version. :)

Edited by cayars

Eleumas31

@cayars no, this is the latest version of ffprobe installed on my mac. where is ffprobe in emby? in wich folder i can find it? sorry but i have problem to run terminal for file stored on my synology nas. i have no idea how to do this. i have problem with permissions.

Eleumas31

How suggested by @Hxemby001 i downloaded Emby folder from NAS on my Mac. After i run the terminal from folder i have "tested" the song. This is the result:

893630021_Schermata2021-04-28alle14_48_40.thumb.png.4e9b1ee65c730bd4bcd1abf98ed3bd6f.png

Edited by Eleumas31

Can you provide the album or track so we can test this internally with the ffprobe including with Emby?

Looking at YOUR output GRACE is clearly picked up from the tag so it needs to be looked at and tested.

Thanks

Eleumas31

@cayars what this means?

If the file is ok and i have the 4.6 beta i should see the song in this way, instead i have a lot of songs without ARTIST in all album with multiple artists (compilation).

If i move the song (for example Grace - you don't own me) in another album maybe the Artist appear.
I moved a song (Willy Williams - Ego) from Anthology 2016 to Anthology 2015 and the artist (Willy Williams) it was been hidden.

For some reason Emby in album with multiple artist has problem with metadata.

How can i do an "hard reset" for Emby 4.6?

Edited by Eleumas31

Eleumas31

@Hxemby001 i have installed on Synology NAS. I remove package and after delete the Emby folder. It’s right?

Is there other to remove?

Edited by Eleumas31

I wouldn't remove Emby and reinstall.

Just move this album out of the library, do a full scan then add it back and scan again.

That will remove any old references to it and allow it to be read in again.

@cayars I think they have tried that a couple of times already...

Removing EVERYTHING gets rid of metadata... probably wants to try it fresh to see if something else has went wrong somewhere... Last resort.

Happy2Play

Testing the one track mention in 4.6 worked fine for me.

folder.jpg.f067a6591ff4d6bbae7a6583e3ce51c8.jpg

artist.thumb.jpg.0a7f13904751967b8f440d67b52fc2eb.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Note I had no issues adding the provided files to Windows 4.5.4.0 either.

So the question would be is there a Platform issue going on here?

There seems to be strange/inconsistent issues here and there with it... Random... I keep seeing it.. But I am not for sure what it is exactly... Mine is installed in Windows 10.. on the current BETA.. Even previous art showing up after file rename and re-added with file monitoring.

There's is on a different machine.

Happy2Play

Only thing I could reproduce is that last two items containing track numbers, since they actually do.  All other tracks showed Artist.

I have ben having the same issue in the BETA version as well...

The reason the '883' isn't showing artist though is because they are all by the same artist.. so that has been that way for as long as I remember. 

First example has DJ-KiCKS for the album artist, Terranova is the DJ/Mix Artist.. but also has tracks by them on the release.. Since the album artist does not match the Terranova name.. ( it is actually in the album name, which is not relative ) it shows them as artist as well. The second example of Argy & Mama shows when an album artist matches the artist name, exactly.. The third example shows the mix.. Eminem is the artist for the track on 1 and 9.

EXAMPLE ONE

04_29.2021_051708.thumb.jpg.d78fcb6d5d538a56ae488890a92bbc5f.jpg

EXAMPLE TWO

04_29.2021_051913.thumb.jpg.aa2eb337069a455d141e23e4c631f29d.jpg

EXAMPLE THREE

04_29.2021_053201.thumb.jpg.5da6c5bb231f649ad47dc4dd0314c478.jpg

Now what seems to be happening in your Anthologies.. and in some of my records, as well as artists.. is that it seems as though parts of the database have become corrupted or is locked from editing.. therefore EMBY is not able to update the information or write it. Multiple changes to the metadata and information from the file seems to trigger something. With it denying a save to the metadata entered into EMBY directly even.

This is a guess.. Probably a question for @Luke or one of the Developers about what really is happening.. But at this point I think it can be established that there is an issue and it is not normal functionality.

Edited by Guest