Jump to content

Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.


Joey2021
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Joey2021,

Recommended Posts

Joey2021

Hi, guys. I am using Emby on my TrueNAS system. I could see my movies on Emby, but when I try to play them, it showed "Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." I have tried many many methods, and I don't solve it yet. My server log is attached. Is there anybody who could help me? Thanks.

 

Edited by Joey2021
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, how did you install Emby Server?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joey2021
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, how did you install Emby Server?

Use Plugins directly. I could see or download my movie files on Emby, but I cannot play them directly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Did you have per chance this share on a Network share.. and have you experienced any drop outs temporarily... Do you have the optional paths filled in in your library..

I get this error if the network cuts out in any way... but it comes back once a connection can be made... When I first add a Library this sometimes happens as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joey2021
8 hours ago, Hxemby001 said:

Did you have per chance this share on a Network share.. and have you experienced any drop outs temporarily... Do you have the optional paths filled in in your library..

I get this error if the network cuts out in any way... but it comes back once a connection can be made... When I first add a Library this sometimes happens as well.

Sorry, I don't understand what "this share on a Network share" means. I am just a beginner of TrueNAS and Emby. When I first added paths in my libary, I could not find the "/media" folder. I searched online, and I added a UID 989 in TrueNas. Finally I could find that folder and see my files on Emby. What happened next was the "Playback error". I felt very frustrated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

If your Emby server and files are on the same machine ( which what I think you said ) then what I said does not apply... unless the drive is not plugged in correctly where the files reside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
Joey2021
50 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

If your Emby server and files are on the same machine ( which what I think you said ) then what I said does not apply... unless the drive is not plugged in correctly where the files reside.

Thanks for your reply. I have already solved this problem. The reason I couldn't play videos on Emby was the new edition of Emby didn't install ffmpeg. After I installed ffmpeg using shell, I could play videos normally.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea but Emby packages built by the Emby team embed their own ffmpeg. I think you are using a community-built plugin which, although we appreciate that, you'll have a better experience using one of our supported installation methods:

https://emby.media/download

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joey2021
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Yea but Emby packages built by the Emby team embed their own ffmpeg. I think you are using a community-built plugin which, although we appreciate that, you'll have a better experience using one of our supported installation methods:

https://emby.media/download

I just installed the Emby in TrueNAS plugins. I don't know what is the difference between your method and mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Essentially the ones that are community built are not packaged by us and will be missing important components. The server will still run though, so if you're happy, we're happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baenwort
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Essentially the ones that are community built are not packaged by us and will be missing important components. The server will still run though, so if you're happy, we're happy.

If you tell me what components are missing I'd love to get them working.  I removed the ffmpeg install at your direction as you said it wasn't needed in the plug in from the FreeBSD package repository.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joey2021
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Essentially the ones that are community built are not packaged by us and will be missing important components. The server will still run though, so if you're happy, we're happy.

Could you provide a video guide of your installation way? This may help lots of people. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MRobi
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Essentially the ones that are community built are not packaged by us and will be missing important components. The server will still run though, so if you're happy, we're happy.

Just for clarification, the emby-server FreeBSD pkg does include the pre-bundled ffmpeg, correct?

https://www.freshports.org/multimedia/emby-server/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

alucryd

@MRobi The emby-server package in the FreeBSD repository does come with a bundled ffmpeg built from our source (at lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg), it should be preferred over any other ffmpeg binary.

@Baenwort Are you using the emby-server from the FreeBSD repositories to build your plugin? What did you mean by removing ffmpeg? If the plugin is jail based and using the repository package, the startup script should automatically point to the bundled ffmpeg (https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/emby-server/files/emby-server.in?revision=520400&view=markup).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MRobi
17 hours ago, alucryd said:

@MRobi The emby-server package in the FreeBSD repository does come with a bundled ffmpeg built from our source (at lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg), it should be preferred over any other ffmpeg binary.

@Baenwort Are you using the emby-server from the FreeBSD repositories to build your plugin? What did you mean by removing ffmpeg? If the plugin is jail based and using the repository package, the startup script should automatically point to the bundled ffmpeg (https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/emby-server/files/emby-server.in?revision=520400&view=markup).

The issue is coming up from those installing using the community plugin (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index/master/emby-server-stable.json). For a period, it was installing ffmpeg as a dependency which would overwrite the bundled version from the repository. So when he says "removed ffmpeg" it's in reference to the dependency to the .json. Realistically, the only pkg that should be needed for the community plugin would be emby-server. All the dependencies should be installed automatically

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

alucryd

Indeed, just installing the emby-server package should pull everything it needs, so that list of deps shouldn't be needed. Also I'm not sure why ffmpeg isn't found, it definitely is in the official package.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Joey2021
On 3/25/2021 at 1:41 PM, Luke said:

Has this answered your questions?

Yes, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
leifrodhared

I've got ffmpeg installed and still get the error with the latest beta.

Was gone in the previous beta, now it's back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

csjjpm

Hi,

  I installed my EMBY TrueNas via the plugins in the GUI as per your instructions linked below.  In the last few days some of my video streams no longer work.  I had to follow the previous post above and 'pkg install ffmpeg' myself and now those streams work.

thanks

Paul

On 16/03/2021 at 17:00, Luke said:

Yea but Emby packages built by the Emby team embed their own ffmpeg. I think you are using a community-built plugin which, although we appreciate that, you'll have a better experience using one of our supported installation methods:

https://emby.media/download

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
fgalvani70
On 3/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, Joey2021 said:

Thanks for your reply. I have already solved this problem. The reason I couldn't play videos on Emby was the new edition of Emby didn't install ffmpeg. After I installed ffmpeg using shell, I could play videos normally.

You are right Joey2021. And, Emby admins, version 4.6.4.0 is not installing ffmpeg. To install, I ran: 'pkg install ffmpeg'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, fgalvani70 said:

You are right Joey2021. And, Emby admins, version 4.6.4.0 is not installing ffmpeg. To install, I ran: 'pkg install ffmpeg'

Hi, how did you install Emby Server?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fgalvani70
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, how did you install Emby Server?

Hi Luke. I use TrueNAS. Inside it I did it in two ways: the first I did using the instructions from the Emby site below and the second through the community app automatic installation process. On both, version 4.6.4.0


https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...