Jump to content

Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer


roaku

Recommended Posts

cochize1

Not at all, just changed some values to be more incognito:)

While you're at it, I have no clue what to look for in that log so if anything stands out (like errors) that catch your eye you might let me know. There you go embyserver.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

arrbee99

Just wondering, if I want to use this instead of using CoverArt, could I use the Media Stream rule thing to add an icon to show my 4K stuff ?

Would it be possible to use it to mark an item only when it shows up in say Continue Watching ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
8 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

Not at all, just changed some values to be more incognito:)

While you're at it, I have no clue what to look for in that log so if anything stands out (like errors) that catch your eye you might let me know. There you go embyserver.txt

Alright, I see 13 Iconic errors in your log. That means it failed to write the new image and the standard image is being passed along instead.

It looks like possibly you have a rule without an icon code somehow.

Can you show me a screenshot of your rule list like this:

rule-list.thumb.png.7edf9dd3a6f0c3703e71eefd881ba0a7.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
8 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Just wondering, if I want to use this instead of using CoverArt, could I use the Media Stream rule thing to add an icon to show my 4K stuff ?

2 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

guess that's not it:

image.png.8ce221056cf6403cc435c4002b03815c.png

Would it be possible to use it to mark an item only when it shows up in say Continue Watching ?

Ok, thanks.

There's something in the rule evaluation that's null and causing the process to fail for those images.

It looks like it should be something on my end that can be found and fixed.

I'll investigate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cochize1
Just now, roaku said:

Ok, thanks.

There's something in the rule evaluation that's null and causing the process to fail for those images.

It looks like it should be something on my end that can be found and fixed.

I'll investigate.

just doublechecked my filesystem and it looks the same, for one it shows and icon and for one it doesn't:

image.thumb.png.3e110c2005f3aa79359eb8a6bdc2862c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
24 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Just wondering, if I want to use this instead of using CoverArt, could I use the Media Stream rule thing to add an icon to show my 4K stuff ?

So, you should be able to create a MediaStream Rule with properties like this:

Type: 'Video'

Resolution: '3840'
 
That rule will check to see if your Video MediaStream Resolution *contains* the text '3840'.
 
But you might need to look at the MediaStreams at the bottom of one or more of your 4k Movie item views to see what your actual Resolution values are.
 
You can add more than one Rule with the same Icon if you need to target multiple resolutions, and the result will be one matching icon on the image.*
 
*This BETA version might confuse things a bit because it will overlay the icon from the first matching rule for all matching rules, but that's just a temporary nerfing for this testing.
 
 
Quote

Would it be possible to use it to mark an item only when it shows up in say Continue Watching ?

That would be cool, and if it's possible, I'd like to add it, but I didn't see anything obvious on a quick glance that would cover it.

I'll definitely do a deeper dive to see what can be done.

Edited by roaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

arrbee99

Thank you.

Anyone tried with beta server (.22) yet ?

The Continue Watching thing was to do with that merging of Continue Watching / Next Up (and associated moaning and groaning), so was thinking it could possibly be a useful indicator for Movies vs Episodes. Course its still under development so who knows about the final result and what may or may not be handy...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cochize1

One more clue I think I found something interesting.

While I was trying this and that to get that plugin to work, For the movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' I noticed in the nfo files that the tag 'test' was added only to one of them as you @roaku suggested (Dubbed or Voiceover - probably to the one more compatible with emby as once Luke explained to me that this is the one being displayed as the 'main' one). So, I manually added this line to the second nfo file to see if that'll work but it seemed not to work then:

</tag>test<tag>

I just started cleaning that 'test' tags from movies I added them in emby server earlier. And while I was doing that for the 'It's a Wonderful Life' movie the poster without the badge disappeared for a moment and the one with the badge poped out:

image.png.e30d9b1e9bb73a812f2249e7f1c13461.png

Wierd thing is that I have already cleared the Tag Rule from the plugin and when I browse the movie library the poster there does not have the badge:

image.png.0f375f526102782e4e8d6d571f569fc4.png

Not sure what to make of it, maybe I should clear my cache before posting this:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku

Ok, so one thing, that xml you added has the closing tag (forward slash) structure backward. It should be: '<tag>test</tag>'. I think you said you cleared it all out anyway, but that could have been causing xml parsing problems for Emby up until then. May have led to Iconic issues but I honestly don't know on that one.

Quote

the poster without the badge disappeared for a moment and the one with the badge poped out

That is exactly how it should look when Iconic is generating a new version of the image instead of Emby serving up the cached version...so that's good. :)

Can I ask if you're still having issues with certain movies or are the problems gone after what you just posted about?

If you still have issues, try deactivating Iconic through its configuration and refresh your images to make sure they all get regenerated without badges...then reactivate and refresh your images again to see if that helps.*

I'm putting together a debug version of the plugin that I can send to you that will show me in your log exactly where things go south...if you have enough patience to bear with me a little longer on this. :)

 

 

*I have noticed some of the apps have their own local caching mechanisms, and may hang on to an enhanced image longer than the web app will. The best approach for me when testing is to use the browser and have developer tools open/caching turned off.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by roaku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cochize1
2 minutes ago, roaku said:

closing tag (forward slash)

I wrote the code here by hand so probably made a mistake. As for the other issues, yes, some of the files are still missing proper badges so until I have time I can do as you asked. Will come back with the results.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cochize1

Not sure what we are missing here. I deactivated the plugin, erased the rules, cleared cache, renamed even one file and searched for new metadate with poster (cuz I saw that there was 'Dubbed' missing in the filename), activated the plugin, set new rules with new icons and they are being distributed to the same movies as before but not for all of them. I can see that the posters with badges show a little later that means the plugin is doing it job, but it's missing something.

A good example is the Lord of The Rings. All files are from the same source, named the same way, all have original and voicover version but the badge is shown only on one of them:

image.thumb.png.ac2eb05a40abdc74f512e09b72f88668.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

arrbee99

On the latest server beta the My Icon list is empty. Should it have icons in it or do I need to do more than change a few colours to get them to show up.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cochize1

it's a matter of colors. The icons are there just seem all white on the white background. When I used dark mode in my browser they showed up.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
1 minute ago, arrbee99 said:

On the latest server beta the My Icon list is empty. Should it have icons in it or do I need to do more than change a few colours to get them to show up.

They may have changed the icons font file or something about the javascript architecture.

Thanks for checking it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
1 minute ago, cochize1 said:

it's a matter of colors. The icons are there just seem all white on the white background. When I used dark mode in my browser they showed up.

Ok. I'll work on honoring the active theme better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

arrbee99

It does seem to be related to colours, except I'm in dark mode already and I still get a white box with white / invisible icons. Maybe it a css thing interfering as well ?

I can select an icon and I found the 4K one 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

arrbee99
2 hours ago, roaku said:

So, you should be able to create a MediaStream Rule with properties like this:

Type: 'Video'

Resolution: '3840'
 
That rule will check to see if your Video MediaStream Resolution *contains* the text '3840'.
 
But you might need to look at the MediaStreams at the bottom of one or more of your 4k Movie item views to see what your actual Resolution values are.
 
You can add more than one Rule with the same Icon if you need to target multiple resolutions, and the result will be one matching icon on the image.*
 
*This BETA version might confuse things a bit because it will overlay the icon from the first matching rule for all matching rules, but that's just a temporary nerfing for this testing.
 
 

That would be cool, and if it's possible, I'd like to add it, but I didn't see anything obvious on a quick glance that would cover it.

I'll definitely do a deeper dive to see what can be done.

So I'm at Add Media Stream Rule, where does Video and 3840 go ? The only box that has a drop down list is Property Key and that only has (among others) Type and Video Range. Does Property Value come into it somewhere ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
37 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

Not sure what we are missing here. I deactivated the plugin, erased the rules, cleared cache, renamed even one file and searched for new metadate with poster (cuz I saw that there was 'Dubbed' missing in the filename), activated the plugin, set new rules with new icons and they are being distributed to the same movies as before but not for all of them. I can see that the posters with badges show a little later that means the plugin is doing it job, but it's missing something.

A good example is the Lord of The Rings. All files are from the same source, named the same way, all have original and voicover version but the badge is shown only on one of them:

image.thumb.png.ac2eb05a40abdc74f512e09b72f88668.png

 

Ok. When you have time, please load this version of the plugin, then re-save the configuration and reload your images.

It will write detailed info to the logs about what it's doing each step of the way and should help me narrow down the error once you send me the new log.

Thanks.

Iconic.dll

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cochize1

do I have to restart the server after I copy that to the plugin folder or clearing the cache is enough? Some remote leech... users are using it now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
4 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

So I'm at Add Media Stream Rule, where does Video and 3840 go ? The only box that has a drop down list is Property Key and that only has (among others) Type and Video Range. Does Property Value come into it somewhere ?

Ok, looking more closely, it looks like I mislead you.

Resolution looks to be a synthetic property made up of other properties that I still have to write some code to support on the backend.

I'm really sorry about that and Iconic will definitely support this soon.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

roaku
6 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

do I have to restart the server after I copy that to the plugin folder or clearing the cache is enough? Some remote leech... users are using it now

Ha

Yes, you'll need to restart Emby to get it to re-scan the plugin file or whatever it does.

But no rush, and thanks for your help.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

arrbee99
2 minutes ago, roaku said:

Ok, looking more closely, it looks like I mislead you.

Resolution looks to be a synthetic property made up of other properties that I still have to write some code to support on the backend.

I'm really sorry about that and Iconic will definitely support this soon.

 

Roger dodger.

A different question or two -

All your illustrations are for Posters, do you reckon it should work for thumbs ?

Locations seem to default to bottom right, which is where Emby puts its icons as well, I guess they'll clash ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

arrbee99

While playing, if I pick Type for Property Key, what kind of thing do I put in Property Value (if anything) to just see if it works ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...