HDHomerun tuner not releasing, CPU at 100%

globe123

globe123
4 hours ago, cayars said:

That's a good way to corrupt things.

It made no difference, I have not seen any corruption!!!!! This problem was present from the original installation. The links that don't work as mentioned above did not work from the original installation (except for the ones added in the beta, which did not work upon the installation of 4.6.0.20-beta). After unchecking the box "Enable DLNA play to" decreased the frequency of the CPU going to 100% (i.e. the computer in an infinite loop running at top speed). Over several weeks I just restarted Emby. This lead to an increase in frequency of this problem occurring. Therefore Windows had to also be restarted. This problem occurred when there was NO human interaction with the computer.

True, shutting down Emby before shutting down windows can't hurt.

Shutting down windows shouldn't be an issue as windows notifies programs to close.

It's using the power button to abruptly remove power that you should be careful with.

globe123

I used windows software to shut down windows (i.e. starting with the windows key on the keyboard). I did not use the power button on the case to turn off the computer.

• Like 1

globe123

Until the next release, I decided to setup a daily reboot of windows using Task Scheduler. 7 weekly triggers to change times for each day. It is easy to do. A well written guide at http://dougshartzer.blogspot.com/2013/05/setting-up-your-computer-to-reboot.html      Thank you Doug.

Emby make extensive use of the Task Scheduler. I also noticed about 6 tasks with multiple triggers for programs that check for updates. Adobe reader, Epson Printer, MS Edge, check for an update every hour indefinitely. That is insane. I have disabled all of these tasks. Could this interfere with Emby ???? With these changes, for the past 6 days, I have not noticed a single time of having an unreleased tuner and the CPU at 100%

• 11 months later...
dochartung

I understand this thread is over a year old but I am on the current build 4.6.7.0 and I am not experiencing the problem with HDHomerun tuners not releasing. What can one do besires rolling back their server. My extended family depends on my tuners abroad as well as locally here in my home. 

globe123

All of the problems I posted about in this thread have been resolved. Rather quickly (about a month) I might add. No problems with the HDHomerun tuners. I have 2. The system can record 8 channels at the same time. No problems with the CPU going into an infinite loop (ie 100% ).

• Thanks 1