HDHomerun tuner not releasing, CPU at 100%

globe123

18 minutes ago, globe123 said:

Would that be 4.6.0.10 - Beta?

No, as that is the current beta that has been out for a while.  It will be in the next one.  Thanks.

globe123
1 hour ago, ebr said:

No, as that is the current beta that has been out for a while.  It will be in the next one.  Thanks.

I would try the next Beta, that would be 4.7  ?    Do you have an approximate schedule for its release?

Just now, globe123 said:

I would try the next Beta, that would be 4.7  ?    Do you have an approximate schedule for its release?

4.7 would be a full release most likely.

The next beta will likely be 4.6.0.18 or similar to that.

Take a look at this thread

You can see the current beta for public use is 4.6.0.10 so it will be the NEXT one after that in this list.

Does that make sense?

Jason'sEmby

I've been refreshing the beta GitHub page like it's a PS5 release Haha, there's going to be some juicy stuff in there!! Can't wait 🤓

Edited by Jason'sEmby

globe123
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

4.7 would be a full release most likely.

The next beta will likely be 4.6.0.18 or similar to that.

Take a look at this thread

You can see the current beta for public use is 4.6.0.10 so it will be the NEXT one after that in this list.

Does that make sense?

That makes sense. Is there a notification list?

Jason'sEmby
1 minute ago, globe123 said:

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong, that would be pretty cool. Generally they will post on here to go ahead and download it. But I'll also post on here to let you know as I'm refreshing daily;).  Either way, you will be notified, this is the way!

25 minutes ago, globe123 said:

Subscribe to that thread and get an email notification!
Top right above the first post.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, globe123 said:

Is there a notification list?

If you install the current beta and have auto update turned on, you'll just get it automatically and be notified right in  your dashboard.

Jason'sEmby

Hi @globe123 as promised. The beta update will be tonight or tomorrow. Per Luke 4.6.0.20 will also have huge improvements on live TV speed across clients!! Can't freaking wait! Thank you team Emby!!

Edited by Jason'sEmby

33 minutes ago, Jason'sEmby said:

Hi @globe123 as promised. The beta update will be tonight or tomorrow. Per Luke 4.6.0.20 will also have huge improvements on live TV speed across clients!! Can't freaking wait! Thank you team Emby!!

Did Luke say tonight or tomorrow or when 4.6.0.20 finally lands?
Just to be clear the improvements for Live TV are all the different guide related pages but this has nothing to do with tuner speed or things like that.
These are GUI speed changes.

There is also another nice surprise for TV users who've been wanted to group channels in some fashion. :)
This will help hold some of you guys over until the next version of Live TV hits with a very clean way of doing this with full blown permission management.

Jason'sEmby

@cayars in one of the other threads he said tonight or tomorrow;). You just got the got the verbage flipped LOL, "when this build finally lands either tonight or tomorrow morning". I love surprises, you're the best! I'm just super excited for heartbeat, that's the final straw for my Plex server (backup)!

Edited by Jason'sEmby

Doh, yes that's exactly what he said.

Thanks.

PS I'm excited to see what you guys think of collections and some of it's new uses, hint, hint.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 1:43 AM, globe123 said:

It happened again. unreleased tuner, CPU at 100%. 4 error reports between 17:56:21 and 17:56:35 in the attached log. embyserver-63747026061.txt

If you were going to grab the beta, it's available now. Thanks.

globe123
On 1/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, Luke said:

If you were going to grab the beta, it's available now. Thanks.

Luke, Thank you. I've installed 4.6.0.21, good so far, I will report back on how it is going. The database changes may have done the trick?

No, remember, it should still be the same, but the server log will have information that will help me track it down. Thanks.

globe123

It happened again. This time I discovered it earlier. A program scheduled to record in the guide is not recording to the hard drive. The tuner is on and tuned to the correct station. CPU at 100%. Turning the computer off, then on did not reset Emby.  When the end of the scheduled recording time had passed, the tuner was still on and turning the computer off then on did fix the problem.

Since I turned the computer off three times I am attaching four logs.

log 63747629117 on 1/30 at 17:59:0.007 is when the tuner was tuned to channel 12.1 and the program was not recording to the hard drive. Discovered at 18:38

log 63747639181 at 18:52:53.690, 18:59:57.300, and 18:59:58.476 shows error reports. A 1 hour program was scheduled to be recorded.

If this helps, links: Home>My Media>Recorded Shows and Home>My Media>Recorded Movies show 0 results; Home>Recordings>Folders>* all display correctly; Home>Recordings>Shows displays correctly; Home>Recordings>Movies displays a mixed content from the TV and Movie folders.

embyserver-63747629117.txt embyserver-63747629542.txt embyserver-63747630181.txt embyserver-63747647998.txt

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, I found the issue. It will be resolved in the next release. Thanks.

Sweet, that's going to make a lot of people happy!

globe123
2 hours ago, cayars said:

What do you mean turned off the computer?

Windows key>power>shut down. After the computer has completely stopped, then to start, press the on button on the  computer case

2 minutes ago, globe123 said:

Windows key>power>shut down. After the computer has completely stopped, then to start, press the on button on the  computer case

Did you shut down Emby first?