embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

Without a log, I just take that as information.

Please wait for the next release, I'm currently fixing multiple issues. Also in the sync related code.

hstamas
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please wait for the next release, I'm currently fixing multiple issues. Also in the sync related code.

No problem. Was going to try and do logs tonight but will hold off. Any idea if your fixes include the sleep problem I posted earlier? It forces me to restart Kodi constantly which as you could imagine is not optimal.

feerlessleadr

I'm running the currently latest beta (sorry, not sure of the version) on an N2 on 18.9 with no real issues. 

Once the next beta drops I'll see if the issue with my screensaver causing e4k to crash is fixed, and if not, I'll get some more logs. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, quickmic said:

good, because I still have some sync issues. 

I watch an episode, after watching he syncs the movie collections (?) and then the watched single episode, but never finishes until I restart kodi..

quickmic
On 1/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, TobyTentakel said:

Here is a thing that has been driving me nuts with the 4.x release, but is even more impactful with the latest 5.x build if E4K:

I have several libraries in Emby: Movies, TV series, music, etc. I install Kodi and E4K and make it syncs *only* the movies library. This initial sync works, and only the movies category in Kodi gets populated with the movies from Emby. No music, no TV shows. Great so far.

But whenever I add new content on the server to any of the other Emby libraries, the incremental sync in E4K picks these up and adds them to Kodi, even though they are not listed in "manage libraries" in the plugin. So if I add a bunch of music albums on the Emby server, suddenly E4K starts a long sync process, which after it succeeds, suddenly populates the Kodi library with the music albums, which is not something I want as Kodi is not easily capable of handling big music libraries.

I verified this on two clean installations of Kodi on brandnew systems (osmc).

Any idea why the incremental sync will pick up changes for any library, not just the ones it is supposed to?

I had the same issue today. Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce it yet.

It happend, while I performed a full sync for movies (only) and changed some songs on emby server.

Looks the incremental sync picked up the song changes, but ONLY while full sync for other libs.

As a test case, I modified the timestamp of incremental sync and tried to repeat it while full sync is not started. -> no issue here

Can you add additional info, so I can design a test case?

Edited by quickmic

Home2008

Hello, I use the addon Emby for Kodi Matrix (5.02). Something strikes me. The addon keeps terminating. As soon as you don't use Emby, but Live TV or Netflix. I always have to deactivate the addon and then reactivate it. Then I can play films again with Emby. I use it on an Nvidia Shield TV pro 2019.

TobyTentakel
23 hours ago, quickmic said:

I had the same issue today. Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce it yet.

It happend, while I performed a full sync for movies (only) and changed some songs on emby server.

Looks the incremental sync picked up the song changes, but ONLY while full sync for other libs.

As a test case, I modified the timestamp of incremental sync and tried to repeat it while full sync is not started. -> no issue here

Can you add additional info, so I can design a test case?

What I noticed is that in the cases where this was happening on my machine, the music albums that were added during the incremental update were present in the Kodi music library afterwards, with covers, but clicking on an album does not list any songs. Not sure if that helps... Maybe it is only syncing coverart?

Edited by TobyTentakel

quickmic
18 minutes ago, Home2008 said:

Hello, I use the addon Emby for Kodi Matrix (5.02). Something strikes me. The addon keeps terminating. As soon as you don't use Emby, but Live TV or Netflix. I always have to deactivate the addon and then reactivate it. Then I can play films again with Emby. I use it on an Nvidia Shield TV pro 2019.

I got a similar report from another user. I'm working on it...

quickmic
4 minutes ago, TobyTentakel said:

What I noticed is that in the cases where this was happening on my machine, the music albums that were added during the incremental update were present in the Kodi music library afterwards, with covers, but clicking on an album does not list any songs. Not sure if that helps... Maybe it is only syncing coverart?

Same here, but ONLY while another sync was performed  or was in progress before.

Same setup, same inc-sync but after a new Kodi start works fine. Still investigating...

TobyTentakel
19 hours ago, quickmic said:

Same here, but ONLY while another sync was performed  or was in progress before.

Same setup, same inc-sync but after a new Kodi start works fine. Still investigating...

Random thought: what if it is the fault of the companion plugin on the Emby server? That it maybe handles incremental updates incorrectly and puts music album covers in the movie update queue?

quickmic

No, I checked that. Server increments are correct, but I think I found the (all) bugs. I'll release a new version tomorrow. Today I perform final tests.

The main problem was, the whitelist compare was only triggered for Artists. Not for Album and Songs. Same for TV shows in different circumstances.

It's was very hard to find, cause this part of the code was nearly unreadable. I restructured the complete sync code and found many additional bugs.

So actually, the sync code is heavily patched in the next version. There are multiple additional issues fixed and the music DB needs a complete resync.

For Singles (Kodi 18 and 19) were lot's of info missing and the "dateadded" info was also not in the DB (for all Albums, in Kodi 19)

Edited by quickmic

bozrdnag
On 1/17/2021 at 1:55 PM, quickmic said:

I think mark as unwatched is correct or not? Not sure how stock Kodi flags such a case. Also not sure how stock Kodi deals with resumes in that case. I've to test.

I just set up a new instance of Kodi to test using it's built in db rather than E4K and when I partially re-watch already watched items, Kodi does not mark it as unwatched.

quickmic

Please specify. The Season was completely watched or just the Episode? Same question after you re-watch an Episode.

How is the resume option handled?

Edited by quickmic

bozrdnag

After scanning in my library, I marked each entire show as watched.  So I had 0 unwatched shows, seasons or episodes. I partially watched a few different episodes of a few different shows.  Afterwards I set the veiw to Unwatched and nothing shows up.  And the partially re-watched episodes still appear under Watched.

Another thing I thought about is that when using E4K it does not have that issue with movies.  I can partially re-watch a movie and it does not get marked as unwatched.  

quickmic

So actually sounds, set "unwatched" didn't work? This looks like an Kodi issue.

How was resume handled? Was a re-watched episode resumeable? Was just the TV-Show/Season still flagged as watched, but the actual Episode was flagged as in-progress?

Edited by quickmic

feerlessleadr

I've faced similar issues where if I stop a previously watched video half way through, the episode will be marked as unwatched. 

I've never been able to pinpoint exactly what is causing this to happen as it doesn't happen all the time, and so I haven't been able to catch this in a log. I'll try to do some testing to catch this in a log. 

• Like 2

bozrdnag
14 minutes ago, quickmic said:

So actually sounds, set "unwatched" didn't work? This looks like an Kodi issue.

How was resume handled? Was a re-watched episode resumeable? Was just the TV-Show/Season still flagged as watched, but the actual Episode was flagged as in-progress?

No.  I set the VIEW to unwatched and nothing was listed.  Meaning the partially re-watched episodes are not being set to unwatched.  When I set the view to watched the partailly re-watched episodes appear along with all the other watched episodes..  The shows, seasons and episodes all list under watched.  Basically, the behavior I would expect where partially re-watching something does not mark it as unwatched.  The partially re-watched episodes are resmuable.

In response to feerlessleadr's comment, with the old E4K it wouldn't always happen but did a lot.  So far, in my experience with this new version, it happens every time for me.

bozrdnag
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I just tested with the next 5.1.7. Seems this is also fixed.

For early birds, try that version: -> My tests are NOT finished yet!

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.1.7-build47-test-ex1-device-test.zip 515.05 kB · 1 download

Just upgraded to 5.1.7 and still getting the partially re-watched episodes issue.  Also still seeing iin progress movies alphabetically rather than by last watched.  I did not rest the library.

quickmic
2 hours ago, bozrdnag said:

Also still seeing iin progress movies alphabetically rather than by last watched.

Probably, you have to remove "kodi/userdata/library/video/emby*" and restart Kodi

• Thanks 1

quickmic

New Version available 5.1.7:

You can load from here, or wait till repo is synced.
http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/beta-leia/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.1.7.zip

Fixes:
Sleep mode
Music DB issues
Multiple DB sync issues
Multiple other issues

New:
-

Known issues:
Multiserver not working
Dynamic lists slow/artwork
Resume sync canceled -> skipped
Some (minor) unicode issues in Kodi 18

General info:
MusicDB resync is recommended

Edited by quickmic

bozrdnag
23 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Probably, you have to remove "kodi/userdata/library/video/emby*" and restart Kodi

Doing that resolved the In Progress movie listings.  Looks good now.  Still have the re-watched episode issue.