embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

bozrdnag

Because I want Movies to show only my movies not documentaries, concerts, stand-up comedy, etc.  The Kodi Movies library shows all of that together.  In Emby I have those libraries separated.  So going back to the old E4K addon days, I would always just point my Movies link on the Kodi home page to the Emby Movies node and it worked exactly how I wanted.  I would do the same for all my other video libraries.

bozrdnag

5.1.8 still has the partially re-watched showing as unwatched issue.  Previously I though it was only happening on episodes but it happens on movies too.  Oddly, after I first reset my library and tested this none of the test videos showed as unwatched.  But once I restarted Kodi every single video I try shows as unwatched.

quickmic

Because I want Movies to show only my movies not documentaries, concerts, stand-up comedy, etc.

I understand, but this is also possible using nodes that access the kodi DB and not going threw the plugin. This is usually much faster.

bozrdnag

You mean setting up custom nodes in Kodi?  If so, I know that's an option but it seemed redundant since I already had things setup correctly in Emby and the Addon exposed those nodes for me to link to.  What would be faster?  When I open Movies (or TV Shows, etc.) they always instantly appear and if I select something it begins to play immediately.  I've never noticed the slightest difference in speed between doing it that way and Kodi's own library.

bozrdnag

I guess I should expand on the speed thing you mentioned.  If I simply navigate to Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies, then yes that usually has a few seconds of delay before the movies are displayed.  And I wouldn't like that.  In Estuary Mod V2 I customize the Movies home menu item and set the action to Video Library>Movies folder (the one with the green Emby icon, not the one with the white generic Kodi icon)>Movies>Create menu item here.

Doing that, the library seems to perform as fast as Kodi's native library to me.  Definitely faster than manually navigating to the Addon and the node.  Not sure why they are differnt when they seem to point to the same thing.

quickmic

If you browse via Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies, the lists are build on the fly. If you use the pre-configued nodes emby-kodi nodes, the data comes from the Kodi-DB.

It's hard to explain. Anyway, both methods should work.

The issue you reported comes from a bug in list browse, which btw. always uses addon mode even if you synced native due to the reason above. Listview ignores the Kodi DB.

btw, have you tested the 5.1.9? Is the bug fixed?

Edited by quickmic

bozrdnag
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

If you browse via Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies, the lists are build on the fly. If you use the pre-configued nodes emby-kodi nodes, the data comes from the Kodi-DB.

It's hard to explain. Anyway, both methods should work.

The issue you reported comes from a bug in list browse, which btw. always uses addon mode even if you synced native due as mentioned. Listview ignores the Kodi DB.

btw, have you tested the 5.1.9? Is the bug fixed?

Gotha.  I just finished resetting my db and, yes, with 5.1.9 Native mode appears to be working fine.

Which issue that I reported are you referring to?  The re-watch issue?

Edited by bozrdnag

quickmic

The one in the logfile:

2021-01-30 10:05:57.394 T:15270   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'BitRate'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/events.py", line 988, in <module>
                                                Events(sys.argv)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/events.py", line 161, in __init__
                                                self.browse(Handle, params.get('type'), params.get('id'), params.get('folder'), server)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/events.py", line 480, in browse
                                                path = "http://127.0.0.1:57578/%s/%s-%s-%s-stream-%s" % (Type, item['Id'], item['MediaSources'][0]['Id'], item['MediaSources'][0]['MediaStreams'][0]['BitRate'], FilenameURL)
                                            KeyError: 'BitRate'

Bitrate was not available while building a listitem.

As you can (also) see, the path the plugin tried to create was not native. -> Local websocket query -> 127.0.0.1:57578...

bozrdnag

Any ideas on the partial re-watch issue?  I am definitely seeing a pattern where it works correctly but then once Kodi is restarted it begins to happen.

Edited by bozrdnag

quickmic

Sorry not yet, I've tested some cases but all looked good here. But not finished tests. As it seems, you are using the dynamic lists, maybe I should check that too.

quickmic

e.g. Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies

The plugin lists. If your nodes uses them, they could behave differently as Kodi-DB (nodes).

bozrdnag

Forgive me if I seem obtuse but I just want to make sure I understand.  You said:

My normal way of accessing my videos is NOT going to Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies.  I just did that as a test to see what it showed vs what I was seeing. 

My usual way of accessing my content is Video Library>Movies folder (the one with the green Emby icon, not the one with the white generic Kodi icon)>Movies.  Is that not one of the pre-configued emby-kodi nodes and therefore coming from the Kodi db?  Or am I misunderstanding?

bozrdnag

As a test I reset my Movies home action to point to the generic Kodi db.  Partially played a watched movie and it was set to unwatched.  So, for me, it happens either way.

quickmic

Sorry, not sure how to explain. Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies is just an example how to access lists manually. I got the impression, the nodes you have configured/using does the same, just via node.

I don't know what nodes you are using and seem you are also not sure.

When you uploaded the logfile, I mentioned that it seemed you are browsing threw the list, but you replay was. You used nodes.

I went to addons>video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies.  That's the same node I use for Movies on my home menu.

quickmic

pre configure nodes are e.g. here:

.kodi/userdata/library/video/embymoviesb21e885d665c9dcd0f1e4241bcb2c4fc/*

If you are using them, you use the Kodi DB.

bozrdnag

I think the confusion might in the terminology we're each using.  Maybe I'm using the term nodes incorrectly?  I don't know the exact technical term for each item.  In Emby I have separate Libraries set up for Movies, TV, Concerts, Documentaries, etc. Those appear separately in Kodi under the addon and I've been referring to those individual libraries as nodes.  As I said, in Estuary Mod V2 I customized the Movie link on the home page and I point it to Video Library>Movies (Emby)>Movies.  I know you use the same skin so I assume you know and can see exactly what I am talking about there.  I don't know if that is any different from going to Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies or not.  

I do not have any custom nodes set up in Kodi right now via the Library Node Editor.

quickmic

I don't know if that is any different from going to Addons>Video>Emby-next-gen>Movies>Movies

Very different, it just looks the same.

bozrdnag

Ok.  I do not access my media by navigating to addons.  So am I correct that the other way is via custom Emby nodes in the Kodi db that were created by the addon?

Edited by bozrdnag

quickmic

Yes, the custom nodes uses Kodi DB, IF you are using them:

esturary mod v2  node selection:

"Choose item for menu" -> "Addons On" is not good! The you are selecting exactly like manual browsing.

"Choose item for menu" -> "Video library" is correct (using Kodi DB) -> here are the preconfigures nodes.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Frankly at least that's what I do. To be sure what you are using, check the "change action". The actual node used is listed there.

If it's something like library://video is should be ok.

• Thanks 1

bozrdnag

Yep.  It's library://video/embymovies(bunch of letter and numbers).  So with that, I am using the Kodi db and it is with that whre I am having the re-watch issues.  If you haven't yet, when you next test this issue and it doesn't do it for you, restart Kodi and then try again.