embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
On 1/13/2021 at 1:09 AM, jaybird2203 said:

First is the Music item - I noticed recently that it appears the "Recently added albums" section on the Kodi main page is not updating when new albums are added to the Emby server. The albums themselves are added and can be found within the music section.

I know, there are issues with timestamps in Windows. Dates before, I guess it was 1979, are incorrect due to wrong convertion in python from unix timeformat.

But this does not explain, why the last added timestamps are incorrect. They are used as info for new albums etc.

I'll check that.

Second for the subtitles...files have the subtitles within compared to separate srt files....while the video file is playing back the user can cycle through the available subtitles but any that have a longer name than the total character count for the little pop up cause a delay switching to the next. This can be painful if a user attempts to cycle through then repeatedly hits the key entry to go to next subtitle only for the commands to queue until the full name is displayed. It sounded similar to the srt item mentioned a few pages back but wasn't certain if that was emby playback or Kodi related.

Can you please upload a screenshot.

quickmic
10 hours ago, t123thomas said:

@Quickmic, is it possible to mod the files be compatible e4k 4xxx & 5xxx that will be great if its possible, thanks for the efforts

backgrounds_updater.py 22.25 kB · 1 download extrafanart.py 1.24 kB · 1 download favourites.py 9.28 kB · 1 download smartshortcuts.py 16.37 kB · 1 download

Try those files...

And yes it's possible for 4 and 5.x. When I've time, I'll create a git pull request. for those modules...

Currently, the added files are only for next-gen.

btw, some spots where already modded. I assume they are not the stock python files.

smartshortcuts.py favourites.py backgrounds_updater.py extrafanart.py

Edited by quickmic

hstamas

I don't seem to be getting any new TV episodes to sync to Kodi unless I quit Kodi and restart.

Im using the dev build you posted a few days ago and the most recent Matrix nightly.

Known issue or should I get you some logs? Emby or Kodi logs or both?

Thanks 

• Like 1

quickmic

Currently I working on the sync code. Hold on till I release the next version unless you have fatal error messages in the kodi.log. -> exceptions etc.

hstamas
41 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Currently I working on the sync code. Hold on till I release the next version unless you have fatal error messages in the kodi.log. -> exceptions etc.

No fatal errors.

Thanks!

jaybird2203
16 hours ago, quickmic said:

Can you please upload a screenshot.

Took a pic of the pop-up (with example how the text scrolls) that I'm referring to since setting up remote access to the HTPC was going to take awhile. I also took a screencap of the file in question when viewed through mkvtoolnix. 

image.png.3c07e61b5371c13f98a7610fa58c9eb5.png

20210114_190341[1333].jpg

jaybird2203
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

@jaybird2203

Are you using the default skin?

Are you using native or addon mode?

If I enable subtitles, I don't have such notifications.

Yep, default skin and addon mode. The notification comes up when you cycle through the options during playback when sending/pressing "L". Rather than selecting the language on initial playback. 

I noticed that Kodi RC1 was quietly released recently, I'll update that and test again. This one I can't say is plug-in or Core kodi related though. 

Edited by jaybird2203
Reworded

hstamas

Ran into an issue this morning after getting Kodi Matrix nightly set up with Emby for Kodi Next Gen on a 2017 Shield.

All was working well last night but after allowing the Shield to sleep overnight, upon waking this morning no content would play with an error that the media was unavailable. Also notice that the artwork caching was not working with lots of missing posters and backgrounds.

Restarting Kodi fixes the problem.

Logs attached.

kodi.log

Edited by hstamas

quickmic

New Version available 5.1.6:

You can load from here, or wait till repo is synced.
http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/beta-leia/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.1.6.zip

Fixes:
Context menu -> delete option
native mode smb issue for music
multiple fixes in sync code and redesign code structure
Minor issue in player

New:
-

Known issues:
Multiserver not working
Sleep mode

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 1/13/2021 at 1:09 AM, jaybird2203 said:

... "Recently added albums" section on the Kodi main page is not updating when new albums are added to the Emby server. The albums themselves are added and can be found within the music section.

Please test recently added album again.

quickmic

@ALL

Please report on which devices you tested. I need a summery to get an impression, if 5.1.6+ is close to push into stable release repo in the next weeks.

Info should include:

1.Device
2.OS/version
3.Kodi version
4.Mode

Mine are:
---------

Raspi 4
libreelec 9.2.6
Kodi 18.9
Addon

Vero4k
osmc latest buster with 4.9x kernel
Kodi 18.9
Addon and native

PC
(latest) Linux Mint amd64
Kodi 18.9 and 19RC1
Addon and native

Thank you.

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel

The addon just updated itself from 5.1.5 to 5.1.6., but now I can no longer play any media files, the loading circle appears for a minute, then the Kodi menu appears again. Do I have to reset my database again? I should have logs later...

TobyTentakel

No reboot yet as I might then lose the log file if it hangs again after the reboot.

Edited by TobyTentakel