iPad Air 2 and constant freezing

cptbrainia

cptbrainia

Hi,

I'm having an issue with video playback constantly freezing with the Emby app on an iPad Air 2 (IOS v13.6.1).

It will play videos for a couple of seconds, freeze for a couple of seconds, play for a couple of seconds, and repeat ad nauseam.

I don't know what information to provide, but play method is listed as Transcode, it's an MKV with h264 High encoding and the video bitrate is 12.4Mbps.

I have Quality set at Auto on the app and it automatically selects 1080p - 60mbps.

I have the emby server running on a Windows 2019 VM.  Watching utilization, I see processor utilization around 6%, memory at 50% and ethernet utilization around 2-3Mbps.  

If I play video from any other client than the iPad (wired or wireless) I don't experience any issues.  It appears to be specific to the iPad.

Any recommendations?  If you need more info, please let me know.  I'd really like to get this resolved somehow.

Thanks!

Hi, first thing I would try is lowering the in app quality setting to steam a lower nitrate. Please see if that helps. Thanks.