Samsung DEX client

jglazer63

jglazer63

I have been using Emby for a while now on a variety of devices.  I am not sure if it's use on Samsung DEX has ever been considered.  This is an Android full-destop solution that anyone with Samsung S10/20 phones can utilize.  It turns your phone into a fully functional PC with large monitor, keyboard and mouse.  In this way you can watch your shows on a large TV with only needing an USB-C to HDMI cable.  The android client works very well here with just a couple deficiencies which, I think, are solely because it is assumed that you would be using a touch screen entirely for emby.

The main issue is being able to determine what you have selected.  On the Smart TV clients, the thumbnails get slightly larger as you scroll through the available options.  This is because you are using a remote.  With DEX this still needs to be the case.  People would either use an android remote or, minimally, a keyboard to navigate around.  Without the thumbnails getting larger, you have no way to tell what you have selected.  The only viable option is using a mouse, which becomes somewhat difficult as you need to "push" the screen around to scroll up/down.

I would assume this would be the issue with any other kind of "cast" solution as well.  If you find this a useful suggestion, I am happy to test anything to see how it goes.

jglazer63
14 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  With the new test version of the mobile app, you should be able to put the UI in TV mode and solve this.

Great, thank you!

SikSlayer
On 9/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  With the new test version of the mobile app, you should be able to put the UI in TV mode and solve this.

is this new test version the beta update from today?