Emby scannt Serien, nicht aber Filme

ArnoRoggo

ArnoRoggo

Dear Carlo

I didn't find any useful information in the Sonology Forum.

So I tried again to open a library for the movies on the NAS with the series. The path (properties) displayed by the NAS for the movies is "/ volume1 / Kinofilme / Mount". This path can be entered when creating the library; it is shown on the drop down list. But: With or without "Mount" Emby does not read the library.

You once said that some of you also have libraries on different NAS. How do they do it?

Arno

Well I personally run Emby on a Windows PC (Windows Server actually, not that it matters) and have several DAS devices and smallish NAS devices.  If the drives are available to Windows then they are available to Emby so life's easy using windows.

Any chance you could run Emby on a PC and leave the Synology boxes for storage?

ArnoRoggo

I don't care where Emby is at. Does the TV's access remain the same when Emby is installed on the PC?

And do I have to pay attention to something special?

Emby apps could care less what platform the Server is installed on.  As long as they can connect to the server they are happy.  As long as your windows computer can attach to both NAS boxes (like yours does already), YOU will be happy. :)

I'd give it a try.

ArnoRoggo

OK. Thank you for your long commitment!

Now I am even more convinced than at the beginning: Emby for NAS has some bugs! I hope I'll be happy with Emby on PC now.

Arno

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:58 PM, ArnoRoggo said:

Dear Carlo

I didn't find any useful information in the Sonology Forum.

So I tried again to open a library for the movies on the NAS with the series. The path (properties) displayed by the NAS for the movies is "/ volume1 / Kinofilme / Mount". This path can be entered when creating the library; it is shown on the drop down list. But: With or without "Mount" Emby does not read the library.

You once said that some of you also have libraries on different NAS. How do they do it?

Arno

What do you mean by "does not read the library" ?