Emby scannt Serien, nicht aber Filme

ArnoRoggo

Let's see if someone else can try to explain this better.

If not maybe we can setup a TeamView session and I'll try and show you in a remote session.

Can anyone shed some light in a different way then I tried that may make more sense?

Thanks,

Carlo

ArnoRoggo

Dear Carlo, I already understand that this is not an Emby problem. But that doesn't help me. A TeamView session would be absolutely great.

Arno

OK, if possible I'd like to push this to tomorrow in the hope somebody more experienced with you NAS can chime in.

If not feel free to PM me and we'll set up a time and do the remote session.

Sound good?

ArnoRoggo

Wonderful! Thank you very much.

By the way: 
- I'm living in Switzerland (time difference) and for the English I need google translate.
- Should I first uninstall Emby on the backup NAS and install it on one of the correct NAS?

You only need Emby running on one NAS but it would be a good idea to have it installed on both.  You can have it running on both and just you one as a backup or test machine if you want but that will allow us to try things on either box.  Normally you would want to use the fastest/most powerful box for your main Emby server.

We can fire up two web tabs with Google translate (one to translate each way) so we can quickly translate back and forth.  I've done it like this a few times so we'll get through it.

We can do it now if you like.  Install TeamView on your PC if you haven't already from www.teamviewer.com.

Send me via PM the user ID and one-time use passcode when you launch it.

It's always fun Teamviewing into a system in another language, using NAS or equipment you're not used to and also having to use use Google Translate back and forth.

Triple pain in the rear end. LOL

But we figured out how to enable NFS and mount each NAS to each other so either box running Emby can access all content across both boxes.  Pretty simple process once you figure it out!

So that should take care of this issue.

Carlo

ArnoRoggo

Yes, the libraries are now recognized. But unfortunately Emby does not read the movie library (and the home videos) as before.

We didn't touch home movies.  What's different about the movie library?

I'm sure it's still scanning so will look different right now.

1 hour ago, ArnoRoggo said:

Yes, the libraries are now recognized. But unfortunately Emby does not read the movie library (and the home videos) as before.

What does that mean?  What is different?

ArnoRoggo

Home movies are now OK. It took you longer to read them.
But the movie library is still the problem. It is recognized, but not a single movie is read.

If you want to do a TeamView session we can and I'll take  a look.  We never got that far to actually scan anything or even to adjust the libraries correct as we parted ways as soon as we got each NAS to link to the other and Emby could see them in the Library setup.

I'd be happy to take a look at logs and whatnot and figure it out.

Just let me know.

ArnoRoggo

Dear Carlo
The remote folders do not serve their purpose. The folder with the series also appears under the movies, so that the movie library now also contains series. I delete the remote folders.

Arno

29 minutes ago, ArnoRoggo said:

Dear Carlo
The remote folders do not serve their purpose. The folder with the series also appears under the movies, so that the movie library now also contains series. I delete the remote folders.

Arno

Wait, did they actually show up in Emby?

Obviously that was a bad mount point but did Emby scan them?  If so something was correct in them so don't delete it yet.

ArnoRoggo

I haven't deleted anything yet.
No, Emby doesn't scan the movies; I saw a series with Plex.
I believe the remote folder must not be placed under the Movie folders because the parent folder is defined as "Movies" by Emby.

Arno

Ahh ok, yes it doesn't belong in that spot.  If none of the remote connections work it's fine to remove them all.

Yes.  It might be useful if you also try to get support on this directly from Synology or their forums as well.