Emby scannt Serien, nicht aber Filme

ArnoRoggo

ArnoRoggo

Habe ein neues Synology-Nas. Auf dem Hauptgerät (Speicherpool 1, Volume 1) befinden sich die Bibliotheken mit Filmen, Musikvideos und Homevideos. Auf dem Erweiterungsgerät (Speicherpool 2, Volume 2) liegen die Serien. Nach der Neuinstallation von Emby V. 4.4.3.0 scannt Emby Musikvideos, Homevideos und Serien korrekt ein. Die Bibliothek mit den Filmen wird aber nicht gescannt.

An der Zugriffsberechtigung liegt es nicht, da alle Ordner die gleichen Berechtigungen haben und: Scannt man die Filme als Serien, macht dies Emby tatsächlich! 

Da verschiedene User mit Neuinstallationen dieses Problem haben, bitte ich Emby zu prüfen, ob beim Inhalts-Typ "Filme" ein Bug vorliegt.

Gruss, Arno

English: 

Got a new Synology Nas. The main device (storage pool 1, volume 1) contains the libraries with films, music videos and home videos. The series are on the expansion device (storage pool 2, volume 2). After reinstalling Emby V. 4.4.3.0, Emby will correctly scan music videos, home videos and series. However, the library with the films is not scanned.

It is not due to the access authorization, since all folders have the same authorizations and: If you scan the films as series, Emby actually does it!

Since different users have this problem with new installations, I ask Emby to check whether there is a bug in the content type "Movies" (new library opening).

14 minutes ago, ArnoRoggo said:

It is not due to the access authorization, since all folders have the same authorizations and: If you scan the films as series, Emby actually does it! 

Hi,

If you have the path to your Movies listed in a TV Shows library you will not get them in Movies.  Folders/files can ONLY be part of one library and in this case should be a Movie type library.

OK well just wanted to make sure because you said you scanned them as series which indicates you did have them setup in a TV Show library which will cause problems if you had NFO generation turned on at the time.

So you can confirm these are currently not part of any TV Show library NOR added to any other library correct?

Is there any NFO files in any of the folders in your movie paths?

ArnoRoggo

Scanning the films as a series was an experiment that proved that there was no access problem. Of course, the movies must be scanned in a library for movies, but this does NOT work.

The NFO files are available for each film. However, these are old files that were copied with the films from the old NAS to the new NAS. So the same starting point as with the other libraries that Emby scanned correctly.

Those NFOs could possibly be a problem.

Can you do a library scan of your movie library then upload or PM me your embyserver log file?

Can you please answer this?

How many emby libraries have you created? What folders did you add to each one?

ArnoRoggo

Movies, series, home videos and music videos. What do you mean with "what folders"? There are the same folders as on the old NAS that contain mkv files.

Hi.

Please attach a picture/screen capture of the top of each of your libraries when you edit them from web admin LIBRARY menu please.  This will clear up any confusion.

Your log file is full off errors where Emby is denied access to your files.  I would start with reviewing each of your library paths at the OS level and resetting permissions for the user running Emby Server.

Carlo

Happy2Play

There is a permissions issue here but not related to Filmes.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume2/Video - TV-Serien

You can see in the log /volume1/Filme being removed from the database.  This happens multiple times in that log.

2020-09-01 15:32:37.788 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: Filme, Path: /volume1/Filme

• Like 1

ArnoRoggo

Ciao Carlo

Here are the screens. I hope I got you right.
As I said, you don't need to pay attention to the log entries for the series, because a copy process was still running during the scan (and it still does).

Arno

Emby screen 5-9-20.jpg

ArnoRoggo

You can see in the log /volume1/Filme being removed from the database.  This happens multiple times in that log.

2020-09-01 15:32:37.788 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: Filme, Path: /volume1/Filme

Removing from which database? Emby is apparently looking for the old NAS. Where is this access stored?
It's irritating that Emby can easily find the other new libraries!

Arno

Happy2Play

My first guess looking at that image would be #recycle, but it could be those first three folders with periods.  As there are other topics where a single item within the library folder caused the entire library to not be seen.

Will look for the other specific platform topics in reference to recycle.

ArnoRoggo

The other libraries do not have a #recycle folder.
So I deactivated / deleted the folder for the series and tried a scan, but without success.

Happy2Play

Not ideal but this would suggest a item within that folder.  Could you create a new folder and move a couple items into that folder and create a new library pointing to that new folder to see if it populates.

Could you rotate your log file before doing this to have a new log to look at.  Dashboard-Scheduled Tasks-Rotate log file

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, ArnoRoggo said:

I made a new library ("Films Test") and copied a few films from the "Films" folder into it. The scan works now!
Unfortunately, I created the protocol afterwards.

Now I could migrate the films to the new folder, don't you think so?

Emby Protokoll 05-09-20.txt 114.81 kB · 0 downloads

I would migrate in small increments as we do not know the item that caused the problem in original folder.  Please follow up here if you do find the item that caused the original issue.