Emby scannt Serien, nicht aber Filme

ArnoRoggo

ArnoRoggo

Yes - problem solved. It was enough to create a new folder on the NAS and move the movies to this new folder. Emby then read the library correctly.

Now we can watch the films on the backup NAS. It would have been better if, due to the different users, I could have integrated the movies on a designated NAS and the series on a second NAS. But if I click on "Network" when creating the library, Emby searches without ever finding another NAS on the network.

Emby Netzwerkpfad 5-9-20.jpg

What exactly is your question?

If it has to do with using both NAS box for libraries you would just specify the name/share.

ArnoRoggo

Hi cayars

As I said: Now we can watch the films on the backup NAS. It would have been better if, due to the different users, I could have integrated the movies on a designated NAS and the series on a second NAS. But if I click on "Network" when creating the library, Emby searches without ever finding another NAS on the network (picture above). 

Question: Why can't Emby find any NAS on the network with this click?

That not an Emby problem.  That's an issue with your NAS or network.

Emby can most certainly connect and use multiple NAS, PC & network shares!

Have you tried inputting a share by typing it in?

ArnoRoggo

My network is not malfunctioning. All devices find all NAS. By the way, Plex can use the libraries in both NAS. That would not work with a problem in the network or NAS.

Unfortunately, entering the address manually is of no use either. I once read a community post where the user could solve the problem. He said the standard user only acts locally; with a new user he made it. Unfortunately he didn't say how.

Why is it of no use to enter the address manually?  You can't add something like \\Nas1\Movies  ???

I hardly ever use the browser to add to my libraries but just type them in with the server and share name.

ArnoRoggo

I tried:

\\ Movies \ volume1 \ Movies
\\ 192.168.1.130 \ volume1 \ Movies
and the same without "volume1"

Every time the error message appears: The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again.

It would be so easy if I could click "Network".

ArnoRoggo

I could still imagine that the security settings of the Internet Explorer (Opera) prevent a connection. I will check it out.
Anyway, please tell me what's the correct manual path entry.

Proper permissions?

Have you tried connecting from a PC using the same name\share?

If so, how about using the same username that runs your Emby Server.

This isn't an Emby issue but a permission or network issue.  Emby doesn't care where your media is located and if you give it a valid share name it will work.

ArnoRoggo

When I use the Internet Explorer and enter 192.168.1.130:5000, the correct NAS appears.
If I enter "\\ 192.168.1.130: 5000" in Emby, this is accepted in the "Directory" field! As soon as I add "\ Kinofilme" or "\ volume1 \ Kinofilme" to the entry, Emby starts searching again without success.

Why would you try to enter a web address in Emby?

You NAS should have a name so you can use that or IP address.  I'd normally use the name so if you change the IP later it won't change anything.

Open EXPLORER or FILE MANAGER and go to the network section.  Do you see your the NAS?

If so right click it and click open.

You should see any shares that have been set up.  Do you see any?

ArnoRoggo

"Why would you try to enter a web address in Emby?"
Because it's the only way Emby can even find the NAS here. It also corresponds to the Emby example (see appendix 1).

"You NAS should have a name so you can use that or IP address. I'd normally use the name so if you change the IP later it won't change anything."
Me too. But Emby doesn't find anything like that.

"Open EXPLORER or FILE MANAGER and go to the network section. Do you see your the NAS?"
Yes.

If so right click it and click open. You should see any shares that have been set up. Do you see any?
Yes. (see app. 2) The username is embysvr.

Emby app 1 06-09-20.jpg

Emby app 2 06-09-20.jpg

The examples above are file not web based.  It's just showing that you can use a name or an IP.

\\NASname\ShareName or \\192.168.0.10\ShareName

That type thing.  You shouldn't use port number there.

OK so if you navigate to one of the shares in File Manager it will show the path or bread crumb up top in the URI line.  If you highlight that and copy that line here what do you get?

An example from my system.

aaa.png.7f0e19958c06977cb0a625e2e9fbfd75.png

So on my system I could enter directly in Emby "\\NAS1\Public\Media" without the quotes.  If I were setting up a TV Shows library I would enter "\\NAS1\Public\Media\TV Shows"

So NAS1 is my NAS name as it shows up on my network.  "Public" is the share name.  TV Shows is just a folder/directory under the share.

The only thing to be aware of is permissions of the shares and folders setup.  You need to make sure the Emby user and person looking in File Manager both have access to the files.

pwhodges
31 minutes ago, cayars said:

The only thing to be aware of is permissions of the shares and folders setup.  You need to make sure the Emby user and person looking in File Manager both have access to the files.

...and being aware that the permissions for a folder and the share of a folder are set independently, so you must remember to do both.

Paul

• Like 1

ArnoRoggo

Another idea: Do I have to install emby on each NAS, or is it enough if I do it on the Host-NAS and grant authorization on the "clients"?

You only need one Emby Server running as it should be able to use network shares from any other server or NASes in your network.

20 minutes ago, ArnoRoggo said:

It is a pity that there was no solution. Thanks for thinking along. So I have to go back to Plex.

Arno

No solution to what?  You haven't mentioned anything that Emby can't do.

I'm sorry but all I've seen talked about is you not being able to access 2 different NAS box from Emby.

This is not an Emby issue but an issue with permissions or just not entering the information correctly into Emby.

Many of us use multiple NAS box, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, DAS and USB as well as local drives.  I use every single method just mentioned on my main Emby server.

Using multiple NAS is easy with Emby if you have permissions and shares setup correctly OUTSIDE of Emby.

If the "no solution" comment was about something else I missed it so I'd ask you to bring that to my attention.

If the comment was about the multiple NAS use we can help you with this and was trying to do that.

ArnoRoggo

If there is any hope about the multiple NAS...  Thank you for your commitment.

I have granted all possible permissions and now I really do not know how to continue.