[BUG] Wrong aspect ratio on home videos

Eselter

SamES
41 minutes ago, grbharati said:

Actually, I created a fresh beta server and added the library, so I think the metadata were created by the beta server and not using the old ones. Anyway, I refreshed metadata for a video and ipad emby app played it in landscape mode, (the thumbnail is correct though: portrait)

So it's still wrong on the Samsung TV, or just wrong on iPad now? 

Can you please upload or PM a photo of how it looks now, and the media info from the details screen for the file

grbharati
9 minutes ago, SamES said:

So it's still wrong on the Samsung TV, or just wrong on iPad now? 

Can you please upload or PM a photo of how it looks now, and the media info from the details screen for the file

Actually, I had different issue before. The video was stretched so was not able to view it in samsung TV. With the beta version, the video is good it’s just, it plays in different orientation.

In the example video shown below, the video is taken in portrait mode, and emby thumbnail is correct.

704931C7-6A7A-4044-8EC4-302C503F403B.thumb.png.91258247c315583db749c3ffa9d841a6.png

Now If I play, I would expect it to play in portrait mode, (as it was recorded). But it plays in landscape mode, either I have to rotate my head or the ipad. The example might not be good but I hope you understand what I am explaining. Here is the screenshot of it playing in landscape mode rather than portrait.
EE165B8E-965A-439A-9B04-43E6B244B441.thumb.png.85c7c08c87b7aa138e474618b269f853.png

grbharati

I do not have screenshot but previously, the video would play in portrait orientation but stretched (in 16:9) aspect ration such that you would not be able to recognize the actual face.

grbharati

This is the same video played in nextcloud app. And I am expecting it to be played exactly like that (in portrait mode - unstretched) as shown below:

CB160911-C6A3-4476-AB40-65F9F0BEF52B.thumb.png.3e21d63a136be609cc5c7c3b7ccc2edd.png

Edited by grbharati

SamES

Can you please refresh the metadata on the server for this video, then try playing it again on Samsung TV and report back?

grbharati

I refreshed the metadata for that epecif video and this is how it looks in the samsyng TV.  It is same in all devices we have tried (iPhone, iPad, web and TV)

Edited by grbharati

SamES
4 hours ago, grbharati said:

It is same in all devices we have tried (iPhone, iPad, web and TV)

So now all the devices are the same, showing like your video?  All incorrect rotation  

can you post the media details from the details screen on the server for that file?

grbharati
7 hours ago, SamES said:

So now all the devices are the same, showing like your video?  All incorrect rotation  

can you post the media details from the details screen on the server for that file?

Yes, all devices are showing incorrect rotation. A quick question. Does emby ios play anything in portrait mode? I see whenever I select a video to play the app defaults to landscape mode, may be that is the issue, I am not sure.

Do you mean like this media info? If not can you guide me how to get one?

7A1DA040-E42D-41CC-925D-E516CD1A6A52.thumb.jpeg.7ec92d3c5d7f863192ce60a534da5215.jpeg

SamES

if you play that video directly on your PC, not with emby, but maybe VLC player or the OS built-in video player, how does it look?

grbharati
2 hours ago, SamES said:

if you play that video directly on your PC, not with emby, but maybe VLC player or the OS built-in video player, how does it look?

If I play that video in VLC in ipad, it looks like this:

070E77AD-5AC6-4E91-916D-0D16620AE5B5.thumb.png.dcf2d3311573568e9754464f346d3c15.png

• 2 weeks later...
SamES

Are you happy to PM a copy of that video, or create another short random video that has the same problem?  Thanks

grbharati
On 5/29/2022 at 5:06 AM, SamES said:

Are you happy to PM a copy of that video, or create another short random video that has the same problem?  Thanks

Just sent you a PM with the video.

Thank you

SamES

Can you please put that video on a USB stick, connect it directly to the TV and play it using the internal video player.  What does the rotation look like?

BTW, what model is your TV?