Jump to content

I cannot seem to play a certain tv show.


milpat
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Recommended Posts

vdatanet
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

I doubt it's a bandwidth issue as the file is under 4Mb.  I think it's something in the Theater setup on that one machine that's wrong.  It does play on the other PC running Theater.

Plays just fine for me as well in theater.

Theater direct plays, when you transcode h265 to h264, size is increased. I've seen a lot of wifis under 10 mbps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
1 minute ago, milpat said:

How can I watch this show in 1080?

Try to set quality to 1080p 8 Mbps

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Please try lowering the in-app quality setting and see if that helps. thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

  

8 hours ago, cayars said:

I doubt it's a bandwidth issue as the file is under 4Mb.  I think it's something in the Theater setup on that one machine that's wrong.  It does play on the other PC running Theater.

Plays just fine for me as well in theater.

The file may be but it is HEVC so you have to remember that a transcode will convert to h264 and double the bitrate to try and keep quality.  The only time it is not double is if quality is set on the client to a specific value or you have a streaming limit set if external.

Playbackprotocal shows 140Mbps limit

&VideoBitrate=139680000&AudioBitrate=320000

File has a bitrate of almost 4Mbps

"Bitrate":3923586

and the transcode is almost 8Mbps as mentioned by vdatanet

-c:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p  -maxrate 7847172 -bufsize 15694344

So if lowering the "Home network quality" (Playback setting) plays back properly that would suggest a LAN network issue.  WAN speedtest would be irrelevent in this LAN connection.  If you were connecting remotely then you would have a Stream limit of maybe 4Mpbs as your upload is almost 6Mbps but not likely to ever truly sustain that.

6 hours ago, milpat said:

works on pc not on phone.

What is the quality set to on the phone?  What client on the phone?  The phone is on wifi and not cellular data, correct?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oops, got 2 threads mixed up.  This one had nothing to do with theater. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Server or client? If lowering quality fixes the problem, it smells a network issue. Are you sure you connect locally?

I am sorry i was sleeping  - that speed test was on the server. ( and yes i connect locally with 192.168.1.xxx:8096)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

  

The file may be but it is HEVC so you have to remember that a transcode will convert to h264 and double the bitrate to try and keep quality.  The only time it is not double is if quality is set on the client to a specific value or you have a streaming limit set if external.

Playbackprotocal shows 140Mbps limit


&VideoBitrate=139680000&AudioBitrate=320000

File has a bitrate of almost 4Mbps


"Bitrate":3923586

and the transcode is almost 8Mbps as mentioned by vdatanet


-c:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p  -maxrate 7847172 -bufsize 15694344

So if lowering the "Home network quality" (Playback setting) plays back properly that would suggest a LAN network issue.  WAN speedtest would be irrelevent in this LAN connection.  If you were connecting remotely then you would have a Stream limit of maybe 4Mpbs as your upload is almost 6Mbps but not likely to ever truly sustain that.

What is the quality set to on the phone?  What client on the phone?  The phone is on wifi and not cellular data, correct?

quality was set to 1080 4mbps, by what client what do you mean (android)? and yes im on wifi and i get great speeds 100+ down 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
1 minute ago, milpat said:

I am sorry i was sleeping  - that speed test was on the server. ( and yes i connect locally with 192.168.1.xxx:8096)

Make the test again on the client.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vdatanet said:

Make the test again on the client.

ok 

114.57 down is the client and

9993979699.png

115.25 down is server (ethernet)

9993991420.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
11 minutes ago, milpat said:

by what client what do you mean (android)?

Mobile application or web browser on you phone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, milpat said:

emby app

It seems like a problem on the LAN but I can't diagnose. Can you post the server log to see if we see something wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vdatanet said:

It seems like a problem on the LAN but I can't diagnose. Can you post the server log to see if we see something wrong?

whats the name of the server log?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, milpat said:

@vdatanet

any issues?

I see a lot of errors:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

But I don't think they are relevant to this issue. I also can't find any play attempt in that log.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...