Emby unlocked app no longer works

BrianK04

To pontificate that you are feeling this way when you invested nothing is a strange position to take. When you test drive a car, but forget to bring it back. They forget to call the police because the dealership forgot about you and that car. They forgot about it for months. But later you go to that dealership again because something on that car broke. You were taking advantage of a loophole. They expect their car back or you pay for it. That loophole got closed when it got noticed it was there.

5617701097_e6b06ccd90_o.jpg

Loopholes get used and closed all the time. That is all this is. Now you can choose your next move. It is what it always was. You enjoyed the free trial for quite some time. See it as that. You were given something for free that others were paying for. Now you are on even ground with them. It isn't something taken from you. It was never yours. It is easy to understand. It is easy to do the right thing. This is the right thing. Do the right thing. It isn't necessary to be the bad guy. ;)

Edited by speechles

Not to mention that Emby is still FREE TO USE and does not require purchasing any apps or licenses for basic playback of your Movie, TV Show and Music collection.  You just have to adapt to using the hardware that has free apps available on.  These include any PC or mobile browser, Apple TV, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV and of course the Roku (TVs and devices) line.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173099-emby-premiere-feature-matrix

Emby is still very generous to the community with free use so there is nothing stopping you from having your own family version of "Netflix" or "Amazon Prime" or "Hulu" using our software for FREE. If you want to "upgrade" and have things like Live TV integrated into your system, want to easily download or sync media or have Emby available on every device you own then that's a CHOICE.

boycotEmby
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Supplier sets a price for his goods and services and the consumer can decide if that product is worth the price or can seek out a different product that fits their needs better. Consumer pays for goods acquired and supplier get's paid for their work and often use some of that money to reinvest back in the business to make more product and upgrade existing products.  That is the very nature of the free market system.

Close!

Supply and demand, free product comes out, supply increases, demand decreases.

You don't charge decreased demand goober.

chef
12 hours ago, boycotEmby said:

In all seriousness though, what are the company's thoughts on applications like JellyFin? As far as I can tell, it's an improved Emby with no $5 paywall. Will there be any plans to drop the app cost in order to compete? Seems like a step in the complete wrong direction on the company's behalf.

😕 Really?!? 

1 hour ago, boycotEmby said:

As for Emby having "more advanced apps", this sounds like an outright fabrication. The apps are carbon clones of one another

I think once you install them, you'll see that isn't the case - especially on Android TV, Fire TV and Roku.

But, no matter.  If you do not see the value in the apps and other features we offer then it is  your prerogative to not pay for them and seek a solution elsewhere and our task to be sure we create adequate value.  If you simply only want something totally free, then we have those options too but can only exist as we are with paid options.

Thanks.

abshole
53 minutes ago, speechles said:

5617701097_e6b06ccd90_o.jpg

Loopholes get used and closed all the time. That is all this is. Now you can choose your next move. It is what it always was. You enjoyed the free trial for quite some time. See it as that. You were given something for free that others were paying for. Now you are on even ground with them. It isn't something taken from you. It was never yours. It is easy to understand. It is easy to do the right thing. This is the right thing. Do the right thing. It isn't necessary to be the bad guy. ;)

Bit of an odd loophole when two separate devices have the same App version & one continues to allow the "loophole". 

Just now, abshole said:

Bit of an odd loophole when two separate devices have the same App version & one continues to allow the "loophole". 

Hi.  Can you please explain?  Both Android TV and Fire TV behave the same in this regard.

boycotEmby
25 minutes ago, ebr said:

I think once you install them, you'll see that isn't the case - especially on Android TV, Fire TV and Roku.

But, no matter.  If you do not see the value in the apps and other features we offer then it is  your prerogative to not pay for them and seek a solution elsewhere.

I will do exactly that, as so far, it's been working flawlessly on roku, android, fire stick, and through the browser.

Keep trying to convince people it does anything different lol.

Edited by Happy2Play
Removed external link

manouky
On 8/15/2020 at 10:42 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  That feature matrix shows you what you get with Premiere vs. just an app unlock.  Premiere unlocks pretty much everything everywhere while an app unlock only allows playback for that one app.

Thanks.

Good day. 

So suddently all my Emby's on all my sticks and Nivida Shield have stopped and need to upgrade... 

If I upgrade my server on my PC for Premiere... Does that unlock ALL my devices that will connect to my server ? Or I need to individually unlock all my firesticks (3) and my Nvidia shied (1) ? (and then this become way too expensive !)

Thank you for your reply

2 minutes ago, manouky said:

If I upgrade my server on my PC for Premiere... Does that unlock ALL my devices that will connect to my server ?

Yes (within the stated device limits).  That is the point of Premiere as it gives you all of our apps plus all the other Premiere features.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

12 minutes ago, boycotEmby said:

Close!

Supply and demand, free product comes out, supply increases, demand decreases.

You don't charge decreased demand goober.

Not true at all. We have many free to use apps ourselves and that doesn't hurt our paid apps.

Does a $20K new car hurt sales of Lamborghini or Ferrari?  Of course not.

There is always demand for a well priced product that delivers on features and use. Here we're talking about a product that costs roughly the same amount as a Starbucks coffee.  One is gone in 15 minutes and the other lasts a lifetime.  :)

It's been fun, but it's your decision what you want to do.  All the best to you.

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1

manouky
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yes (within the stated device limits).  That is the point of Premiere as it gives you all of our apps plus all the other Premiere features.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you 

So I did pay to unlock my Nvidia (but not the other and its all locked) 

I guess I should now wait for my Nvidia montly payment to timeout, cancel it,  then upgrade my PC to premiere and I should have the same service ? Correct ?

Sorry for all the questions. I was used to have it all unlocked and now all my streaming services are dead lol

boycotEmby
11 minutes ago, cayars said:

Not true at all. We have many free to use apps ourselves and that doesn't hurt our paid apps.

Does a $20K new car hurt sales of Lamborghini or Ferrari?  Of course not.

There is always demand for a well priced product that delivers on features and use. Here we're talking about a product that costs roughly the same amount as a Starbucks coffee.  One is gone in 15 minutes and the other lasts a lifetime.  :)

It's been fun, but it's your decision what you want to do.  All the best to you.

Except it's not a Lamborghini or Ferrari. It's a hatchback. Hatchbacks are being given away, so why buy this hatch back?

1000+ forum post cultist lmao. I hope they pay you.

4 minutes ago, manouky said:

If the "other" device is also a Google device logged in with the same Google account, then just hit the "Restore Unlock" button on that device and it should be good to go too.

There is no "timeout" on the unlock.  Did you purchase the unlock or the Emby Premiere Monthly subscription?

35 minutes ago, manouky said:

Thank you 

I guess I should now wait for my Nvidia montly payment to timeout, cancel it,  then upgrade my PC to premiere and I should have the same service ? Correct ?

Sorry for all the questions. I was used to have it all unlocked and now all my streaming services are dead lol

Does the second device have the same account? If not (like a work device) you can usually add secondary accounts (your own) to Android on that device. Make the secondary account also sync to Google. Then Google Play should sync apps across devices.

A monthly payment implies you already have premiere. You pay a one-time payment to unlock. It won't "timeout" as mentioned above. It is app-store account based privilege. Where Premiere is server based privilege.

Edited by speechles

manouky
5 minutes ago, speechles said:

Does the second device have the same account? If not (like a work device) you can usually add secondary accounts (your own) to Android on that device. Make the secondary account also sync to Google. Then Google Play should sync apps across devices.

A monthly payment implies you already have premiere. You pay a one-time payment to unlock. It won't "timeout" as mentioned above. It is account based privilege. Where Premiere is server based privilege.

so i might misunderstand how it works... 

Let me retry. 

I have 

Nvidia Shield TV (paid Emby)

3x Amazon 4K Stick (not paid)

1 PC with Emby server installed (not paid)

everything was working super well for free until last friday, Nvidia blocked me to stream 4k atmos content.. so ive bought  the nvidia emby pro so i can start to stream again... 

however i do not want to pay for all devices, thats crazy.. it wouls be 6$ usd x 4 per month plus Premiere...

do what am i doing here to get back all my streaming device working...

If I buy emby premier from and for my PC (NOT my sticks and nvidia) would this unlock all other devices that connect to my PC ? 

or i need to buy Pro on my devices + Enmby premiere on my PC ? 

im so confused....

It is the cross-over between Google Play and Amazon and Nvidia and Samsung and Etc. Because those app-stores each use different credentials. They become separate devices even though you a single person own them all.

You would just need to buy the app on Amazon App Store to get all the Amazon sticks in one go as long as they all are synced to the same account that purchased.

Emby premiere would be to have more app-stores and ecosystems involved. Say you want Apple, Amazon, and Android, and Nvidia and all the app stores. Anywhere you get the app you want it to work. You would get Emby premiere for the best service.

For using on a single device or group of devices tied to a single user it is best to purchase unlock.

When you start to acquire TV tuners and want access to Live TV, DVR, convert, download.. you need Premiere.

If you expect hardware accelerated transcoding Premiere is the ONLY way to go.

Edited by speechles

manouky
2 minutes ago, speechles said:

It is the cross-over between Amazon and Nvidia. Because those app-stores use different credentials. They become separate devices even though you own them.

You would just need to buy the app on Amazon App Store to get all the Amazon sticks in one go as long as they all are synced to the same account that purchased.

Emby premiere would be to have more app-stores and ecosystems involved. Say you want Apple, Amazon, and Android, and Nvidia and all the app stores. Anywhere you get the app you want it to work. You would get Emby premiere for the best service.

For using on a single device or group of devices tied to a single user it is best to purchase unlock.

When you start to acquire TV tuners and want access to Live TV, DVR, convert, download.. you need Premiere.

thank you

so my best options is to buy emby premiere on my PC, and my amazon sticks will stsrt to work again on my network? (since they cinnect on my pc) 

then i cancel my Nvidia unlock for next month and it will still work since i will buy emby premiere on my pc ?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, manouky said:

then i cancel my Nvidia unlock for next month

Unlock app is a one time fee it is not a monthly subscription.

But a server premiere subscription or life time will unlock 25 devices at any given time.

Edited by Happy2Play

8 minutes ago, manouky said:

thank you

so my best options is to buy emby premiere on my PC, and my amazon sticks will stsrt to work again on my network? (since they cinnect on my pc) 

then i cancel my Nvidia unlock for next month and it will still work since i will buy emby premiere on my pc ?

Yes. But on Nvidia I believe you purchased an "unlock". That in itself means your account through them has a valid license for playback for Emby. In effect there should be nothing to cancel. It should be a one-time payment. I do not believe premiere purchases are done through the app stores because of the enormous (read the Epic lawsuit against Apple for a good example why) fees tied to anything done over those app-stores. It is best to purchase outside those app stores anything because of the markup incurred by those app stores ridiculous policies.

No tricks.

Edited by speechles

manouky
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Unlock app is a one time fee it is not a monthly subscription.

But a server premiere subscription or life time will unlock 25 devices at any given time.

ahhhhh  got it now...

unlock = one time fee , one device

Premiere subscription = up to 25 devices unlocked on the same network

yhnak you for all your help

been using Emby forever. best sh*t around 

8 minutes ago, manouky said:

so my best options is to buy emby premiere on my PC, and my amazon sticks will stsrt to work again on my network?

Correct.

And I think you understand the unlock now but let us know if you still have questions.

Thanks.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, manouky said:

Sort of as every device tied to you app store login will get the unlock.

3 minutes ago, manouky said:

ahhhhh  got it now...

not one device. One time fee.. as many devices that app-store authenticated user has that can download the app from that app store.

So on Amazon you purchase once. Your 15 Amazon devices at home can now partake of Emby. It isn't greed. The app-stores create the need to fragment your purchases.

Edited by speechles

1 minute ago, manouky said:

ahhhhh  got it now...

Premiere subscription = up to 25 devices unlocked on the same network

yhnak you for all your help

been using Emby forever. best sh*t around 

Unlock = one time fee for that account on x platform

so Apple, Amazon Store and Play Store are all different platforms if you pay the unlock fee on one of those platforms as long as your logged into the same account you can use the unlock app feature on as many devices as you want but if you had another account on an apple device for example you would have to pay the unlock fee for the apple platform but then unlimited unlock app feature on your apple devices aslong as they are all logged into the same apple account

• Like 1