New update for forum

spaceman07

samuelqwe
2 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Actually, its the one on the far right, the posts count.

Oops, I misread your comment above. Glad you were able to figure it out anyways 😄

Armageus
11 hours ago, pwhodges said:

Newlines are now paragraph markers; using two adds extra space.  If you want adjacent lines without extra space,
you can use <shift>-<Newline> to get that, as I did here.

But I find it hard not to type two newlines before my name...

Paul

You shouldn't have to (and it obviously doesn't apply to all the posts already made).

Hopefully it's changed back to a sensible default.

BAlGaInTl

I'm still poking around.

Mostly, it changes my Emby "workflow".  I used to always go to my posts to see what had been updated first.  There are a lot more options now, and I'll have to figure that out.

There is one thing that bugs me though.... I really think that the "Start New Topic" button needs to be Emby green. It's bugging my OCD.

:)

crusher11

The biggest thing that annoys me so far is when I go back to the subforum after reading a thread, it's already refreshed. Which makes it easy to lose track of which thread I was up to in the subforum, as my post bumps that thread to the top.

22 hours ago, crusher11 said:

The biggest thing that annoys me so far is when I go back to the subforum after reading a thread, it's already refreshed. Which makes it easy to lose track of which thread I was up to in the subforum, as my post bumps that thread to the top.

So you don't like the fact that the forum is now more live and up to date and you don't have to keep refreshing the page to see what changed since you were last there...?

• Like 1

Another great time-saving feature (especially for us admins but also for y'all if you want to directly address things we or others say) is the ability to highlight any text in a post and, with one click, create a quote of it in your reply.  In the words of Borat...

pwhodges

After examining the facilities, I am now getting a single page with all the unread posts in the subforums I am interested in.  Saves a lot of navigating about, so I am pretty pleased (the other forum using this software that I visit hasn't enabled the view I use for this - boo!).  The only minor issue is that with the extra work updating the page all the time, it's a bit slower going back to the listing after reading a post - but that's probably inevitable.

Paul

• Like 1

crusher11
52 minutes ago, ebr said:

So you don't like the fact that the forum is now more live and up to date and you don't have to keep refreshing the page to see what changed since you were last there...?

Correct, because it changing what I'm reading while I'm reading it makes it impossible to keep track. Why would I want the order of the threads to change while I'm going through them? What if I'm working my way down, and someone posts in a lower thread to bump it to the top, so I never realise anything was posted there?

3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Correct, because it changing what I'm reading while I'm reading it makes it impossible to keep track. Why would I want the order of the threads to change while I'm going through them? What if I'm working my way down, and someone posts in a lower thread to bump it to the top, so I never realise anything was posted there?

I (and I thought most people) work UP not down in order to address the oldest topics first.  But you also see any other new topics that have come in since you started browsing.

In short, it is more accurate and up-to-date.  But I understand, people hate change :).

• Like 2

crusher11

I've always worked down, just because that's the direction it goes. And it's not just change, it's completely breaking the way I've always used forums.

And now that you've quoted me I should also point out that the audio notification that plays whenever that happens can **** right off.

1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

I should also point out that the audio notification that plays whenever that happens

User avatar at top->Account Settings->Notification Settings

arrbee99

As someone mentioned, would like to have the list of people reading the thread back.

Would also like actual times back, as in - posted at/last post 8:15pm.

Now there's a dark theme, think it would be better if the box I am typing this in could also be dark.

The Location, on the left, needs a space, as in not 'LocationTulsa'.

• Like 1

seanbuff
5 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Now there's a dark theme, think it would be better if the box I am typing this in could also be dark.

image.png.f8e3609d1671713b84488926848e14be.png

rechigo

This is a small issue, but there is no space in between Location text

y9r.png

it should be "Location: <location>"

seanbuff
4 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Nope. Not in Firefox anyway

Ahhh, good to know...Chrome over here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Would also like actual times back, as in - posted at/last post 8:15pm.

Hover over the line "Posted 7 hours ago"...

• Like 1

CBers
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hover over the line "Posted 7 hours ago"...

Doesn't work in mobile theme. 

Would prefer actual posted time also. 

12 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

As in -

1376029157_EmbyForumwhitebox.thumb.JPG.226282e1f89c7aedaaf40e6ddb14981a.JPG

Now I need to install firefox on my Arch .. ok let me test later today.

• Like 1

CBers
3 hours ago, Abobader said:

Please post forum issue regarding the new forum here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/87220-regarding-the-forum-upgrade/

So I can keep up.

Regarding the time, it with 24 hours, after that it display the normal, what the problem here?

It would be nice to have the actual time a post was posted displayed instead of the offset.

arrbee99
4 hours ago, Abobader said:

Please post forum issue regarding the new forum here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/87220-regarding-the-forum-upgrade/

So I can keep up.

Regarding the time, it with 24 hours, after that it display the normal, what the problem here?

I just find the real time handy. In my normal view of unread content I can look at the time of the top post (say 8.15am), refresh the view and know I only need to check out the thread from that time (8.15) upwards.

• Like 1