New update for forum

spaceman07

So just click "choose files..." and you can use the old way...

image.png

BTW - putting that image in this post was SO much easier than before.

before: grab image, save as file, bring up attach image dialog, be sure to change the tab at the top, now go select the file you saved (dang,...gotta navigate to that directory, where was that?) select it, be sure and press the "Send to Server" button and NOT the OK button (yeah that's intuitive).  image appears.

now: grab image, paste

No-brainer as far as I'm concerned :).

• Like 2

Gilgamesh_48
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

So just click "choose files..." and you can use the old way...

BTW - putting that image in this post was SO much easier than before.

before: grab image, save as file, bring up attach image dialog, be sure to change the tab at the top, now go select the file you saved (dang,...gotta navigate to that directory, where was that?) select it, be sure and press the "Send to Server" button and NOT the OK button (yeah that's intuitive).  image appears.

now: grab image, paste

No-brainer as far as I'm concerned :).

Again I know how to attach files and I do not like to see images inline so I will not force others to see them. Attachments work just fine. It is a no-brainer to want a minimal interface and to see just what is needed to make the information clear. For me the idea that "a picture is worth a thousand words" is absurd.

But also again I will adapt it just seems to me that most of the changes are cosmetic and actually look worse to me and there is still much too much empty space.

Maisy

Darker Mode/ Night Mode / other colors ... there are no settings for anything and it is hurting my poor eyes. I loved the darkness I could have on the old forum. Kind of how Blacklist here on my Emby Season 1 looks. (Drag/Drop works wondfully here!)

1895843329_Screenshot(68).thumb.png.8887a4c5b9274f9ed8f095363b3b1583.png

• Like 2

pwhodges

Of the various forum systems I use in my Internet travels, this is the one I like least.  However, I am used to it from elsewhere, and so will put up with it <shrug>.

This version has rather more white space than the other I go to regularly.  But what is particularly noticeable is that newlines are treated differently from previously, as they now give a paragraph spacing.  This means that all the past posts which typically have two newlines to separate paragraphs are all now spaced out extra widely...  I even had to edit my signature to restore it to a sensible layout.

Paul

• Like 1

pwhodges

(The forum seems to have posted part of my post below before I finished typing, and without telling me)

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

pwhodges
5 hours ago, Armageus said:

Whilst writing this reply, it looks like there are blank lines between individual lines of text as linespacing is set to something like 1.5.

Newlines are now paragraph markers; using two adds extra space.  If you want adjacent lines without extra space,
you can use <shift>-<Newline> to get that, as I did here.

But I find it hard not to type two newlines before my name...

Paul

pwhodges

When I posted the above, the forum gave me no feedback to indicate that my input had been accepted, remaining in the input mode.  So I tried again, several times...  Oops!

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

Sammy
1 hour ago, ebr said:

And how about being able to paste images and drag log files right onto your post...?  C'mon, that's a huge improvement.

Can we use Win+Shift+S to take screen shots and paste with Cntrl V?

CBers
2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Can we use Win+Shift+S to take screen shots and paste with Cntrl V?

Try it. 

• Like 1

arrbee99

As part of the dropdown under your username, should have one to go straight to forum topics you started or contributed too.

CBers
18 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

As part of the dropdown under your username, should have one to go straight to forum topics you started or contributed too.

It should be under ACTIVITY. 

arrbee99
11 minutes ago, CBers said:

It should be under ACTIVITY. 

Well, yes, maybe I was a bit hasty (so long as its quick to get to, it being the first thing I check)....

seanbuff
2 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

As above, need Dark Mode please.

+1 on this, as is the current design trend atm - please bring back some forum "themes" that include a dark mode

image.png.fd16f505a40dbee3625b049d6b67c5de.png

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48
3 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

As above, need Dark Mode please.

I am always amazed to see people asking for a "dark" theme or background when the mode we evolved to see best is black letters on a white background. But everyone needs choice and adding a dark theme does nothing harmful so I think it is a good thing when it gets done,

I also would suggest that just a slight graying of the background would be helpful for those of us that actually prefer the black on white format. Since there is now so much white space even I find the pure white a bit too much. I know I can adjust Windows to accomplish that but I do not need it on that more sane sites I deal with but the amount of white space we now have is insane.

• Like 1

One2Go

The HUGE amount of white space is horrible, please do something about that the page with the forum listings requires now a massive amount of scrolling. First I thought  it was FireFox version 77 to which I just had upgraded, but then this thread has several other individuals complaining about the same thing. Also the pop-up menu for "Do you really want to mark all messages in the forum as read? YES

Id this a secret ploy to reduce the number of visitations and problem reporting? 🤔

If this stays like that it will reduce my visitation as it hurts my retina 😀

arrbee99

I do seems to prefer dark backgrounds in general, as its less bright (obviously) and it just seems better where my screen is positioned. A slightly greyer white sounds good.

Also, there's a lot of white at the moment (as mentioned once or twice). Seeing as I probably need reading glasses but won't admit it, I find upping the zoom helps even to the extent of making things (slightly) less bright.

arrbee99

Which is the best view to match the old New Posts view, or whatever it was called ? Would it be Activity > Unread Content  or something else.

seanbuff
15 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Which is the best view to match the old New Posts view, or whatever it was called ? Would it be Activity > Unread Content  or something else.

Yeah I think so, and switch to 'Condensed' view, I find that is the closest to the previous 'New Posts'

• Like 1

arrbee99
7 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Yeah I think so, and switch to 'Condensed' view, I find that is the closest to the previous 'New Posts'

Thanks. Although if I'm in that view and go to say this thread and then back to that view then this thread disappears and doesn't reappear till there's something new to read. I guess that makes sense as it's called unread content, but its not quite the same / what I'm used too.

arrbee99

Also, any idea what to click on to go to the last post in a thread, not the first, pleasey...

samuelqwe
7 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Also, any idea what to click on to go to the last post in a thread, not the first, pleasey...

Click the black dot to the left of the thread title and that should bring you to the last post in the thread

arrbee99
32 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

Click the black dot to the left of the thread title and that should bring you to the last post in the thread

That goes to the first unread post, which is sometimes the last post.

Ahh. Actually, its the one on the far right, the posts count.