Use "Emby for Google Home" to Play Music on Google Home Devices

Sam865

lexisdude

+kudos to everyone's brilliance on this topic. 

And to the developers of Emby itself (whereas most of us would be terribly limited and frustrating ourselves to death trying to get a decent enough server build doing half of what Emby does)

But I gotta throw this out.. the future is in full automaton programming. Not necessarily full AI but rather asking a Google,.or Alexa device to do something, and it does it.

We get this from lighting to smart plugs, video surveillance, reminders, and by asking generalized questions expecting relevant results.

I would hope that the Emby devs see and acknowledge this also. Where there are so many directions that can be taken to make it work. Whether it be through DLNA, casting methods, or API calls. 

Guys, why isn't more serious (not discounting actual bug fixes) attention being given to this effort? Everyone now a days have an Alexa or a Google, or like me both.. This would not just make Emby shine, it would outperform any other option on the market. Well, unless you suggest that we should settle with Alexa prime music, or Google YouTube premium subscriptions.. But I just don't believe that's true, considering how MediaBrowser has evolved into now known Emby.

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexisdude said:

+kudos to everyone's brilliance on this topic. 

And to the developers of Emby itself (whereas most of us would be terribly limited and frustrating ourselves to death trying to get a decent enough server build doing half of what Emby does)

But I gotta throw this out.. the future is in full automaton programming. Not necessarily full AI but rather asking a Google,.or Alexa device to do something, and it does it.

We get this from lighting to smart plugs, video surveillance, reminders, and by asking generalized questions expecting relevant results.

I would hope that the Emby devs see and acknowledge this also. Where there are so many directions that can be taken to make it work. Whether it be through DLNA, casting methods, or API calls. 

Guys, why isn't more serious (not discounting actual bug fixes) attention being given to this effort? Everyone now a days have an Alexa or a Google, or like me both.. This would not just make Emby shine, it would outperform any other option on the market. Well, unless you suggest that we should settle with Alexa prime music, or Google YouTube premium subscriptions.. But I just don't believe that's true, considering how MediaBrowser has evolved into now known Emby.

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

Hi, we do already support Alexa.